HTC M8 - Platform.xml resets after restart

Search This thread

pronkster

May 11, 2014
Hi Guys,

I have received my new HTC One M8 a few days ago and found out pretty quickly my 12 GB of Rdio music offline files couldn't be stored on the SD card :S. What was Google thinking in disabling SD card access for 3rd parties ???

Anyhow.. long story short, I have spend most of the day trying to alter the platform.xml file in the system folder as per : winaero.com/blog/unlock-external-sd-card-writing-for-all-apps-in-android-4-4-kitkat

I have root access (confirmed with Root Checker app) and when I manually change the file with Root Browser it allows me to save successfully. I can even see the changes made in the file when I re-open the file in another file editor. The date of the file was also changed but when I restart the phone the platform.xml file is reset to its original state. Even the time stamp has been reset to the original time stamp.

Does anyone know how to fix this? It is driving me insane! Is there anyway I can force this file to be saved?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Pauls57

Apr 2, 2014
Buffalo
For me, once I had root and s_off, I also had to install an insecure kernel, then I was able to successfully edit the platform.xml file which I did with the sdfix app. All good now. At this point, I have a custom rom installed, and that has it all built-in.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

pronkster

May 11, 2014
For me, once I had root and s_off, I also had to install an insecure kernel, then I was able to successfully edit the platform.xml file which I did with the sdfix app. All good now. At this point, I have a custom rom installed, and that has it all built-in.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

S OFF did the trick. Thanks :)