[ROM][6.0.1][SM-T325] Unofficial CyanogenMod 13 for the Tab Pro 8.4 LTE

Search This thread

DensonX

Mar 1, 2015
Now with working radio, thanks to kyasu. You should thank him, not me.

I am not responisble if you brick you device, if you lose all of your data or if you mess up in any other way.
Please also note that this ROM may contain bugs that I do not know about. If you find a bug, please let me know.
This ROM is made for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 4G, and will not work on any other device.

This is CyanogenMod 13, based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. This rom uses crpalmers device trees and kernel and would not have been possible without his work.

Bugs:
Auto-rotate is kind of buggy
Proximity sensor not working
Probably more.

Installation:
Do a NANDROID backup and back up all of your important files.
Wipe System, Cache and Dalvik Cache
Flash the ROM
Flash Gapps (optional)
Wipe Cache and Dalvik
Boot

Download:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=65197348&postcount=17

Device Trees:
mondrianlte: https://github.com/dens0n/android_device_samsung_mondrianlte/tree/cm-13.0
tabpro-common: https://github.com/dens0n/android_device_samsung_tabpro-common/tree/cm-13.0

Kernel:
https://github.com/cyanogenmod/android_kernel_samsung_mondrianwifi/tree/cm-13.0

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160119-163819.png
    Screenshot_20160119-163819.png
    234.9 KB · Views: 4,175
  • Screenshot_20160119-164243.png
    Screenshot_20160119-164243.png
    176.4 KB · Views: 4,135
Last edited:

DensonX

Mar 1, 2015
Also please note that I am not an experienced developer. I am just a guy who wanted Marshmallow on the tablet, and happened to have the required skills to build a ROM. I will try to fix the SIM card, but I don't think I can do it.
If you find a bug please tell me about it. I will probably not be able to fix it, but I will let everyone else know about it.
Also, please don't ask for features. I have no idea how to implement new features.

Ichijoe

Feb 11, 2007
Frankfurt am/Main
Well to be fair Mr. Palmer had mentioned to me on the T320 thread that the Radios were broken on CM13. As I understand it I think he owns the T525 (10.1 LTE), and such work that has been done trickeled down from that.

Sadly I don't seem to have the mad chops to even get as far as that, though lord I'm trying. But, from the looks of things it seems like that bit of Code will need to be rewritten again.

zdenko1

Jul 15, 2009
Does SD card works as Internal Storage in this ROM? I'm currently using CM13 SM-T320 on my SM-T325 as I don't need LTE and radio. On crpalmer's latest nightly build 20/01/2016 for SM-T320 it works.

DensonX

Mar 1, 2015
Does SD card works as Internal Storage in this ROM? I'm currently using CM13 SM-T320 on my SM-T325 as I don't need LTE and radio. On crpalmer's latest nightly build 20/01/2016 for SM-T320 it works.

Yeah, it looks like it works.
Also, can you install SM-T320 ROMs on SM-T325? I had no idea that was possible.

zdenko1

Jul 15, 2009

Yep, they are basically same device except the SM-T325 has additional radio, 4G and earpiece. When you download ROM for SM-T320 (it might not work for all ROMs) just open zip file in winrar, navigate to /META-INF/com/google/android/ and open file updater-script with your preferred text editor. Right on the first line you command starting like this "assert (getprop("ro.product.device") == "mondrianwifi" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "mondrianwifi" || ..." (this is checking the name of device so you don't flash bad files on your device and potentially brick it)

Here you want to add your device so you can flash it - add this "getprop("ro.product.device") == "mondrianlte" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "mondrianlte". Don't forget to correctly add "||" and keep correct spaces between commands. Close text editor, resave the zip file and you can flash it on your device.

DensonX

Mar 1, 2015
Yep, they are basically same device except the SM-T325 has additional radio, 4G and earpiece. When you download ROM for SM-T320 (it might not work for all ROMs) just open zip file in winrar, navigate to /META-INF/com/google/android/ and open file updater-script with your preferred text editor. Right on the first line you command starting like this "assert (getprop("ro.product.device") == "mondrianwifi" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "mondrianwifi" || ..." (this is checking the name of device so you don't flash bad files on your device and potentially brick it)

Here you want to add your device so you can flash it - add this "getprop("ro.product.device") == "mondrianlte" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "mondrianlte". Don't forget to correctly add "||" and keep correct spaces between commands. Close text editor, resave the zip file and you can flash it on your device.

Well, damn. I wish I had known that before.

Ichijoe

Feb 11, 2007
Frankfurt am/Main
Yeah I personally can't see much use in that. Had I actually wanted the T320 (Wi-Fi ONLY) Model I could have saved me a lot of Coins on the T325 (LTE). That I'm very pro Phablet. This will never be an acceptable answer for me. But for the moment I can be happy on Lollipop (i.e. CM 12.1).

Ichijoe

Feb 11, 2007
Frankfurt am/Main
Praying hard that this ROM will be stable in future releases! Can't wait to flash it on my Tab Pro 8.0 SM-T325! :D
Stability isn't the issue here. I think we can say with some confidence that this ROM isn't any less stable then CM 12.1. The problem hits the fan (in as far as that), when you actually want to use your T325 as a T325. (e.g. as a phone!). Apparently the Radio Stack from CM 12.1 is now broken under CM 13.0. As such what we have to accept is that there really is next to zero support for either the T325 (8.4), or the T525 (10.1) both LTE PROs.

Really we owe Mr. Palmer a huge debt in just giving us CM 12.1. But until someone, anyone can do a rewrite on the Radio Stack there won't be a CM 13 for us. And, as I pointed out outside of Mr. Palmer we don't have as many Devs as the T320 (Wi-Fi) has

Last edited:

DensonX

Mar 1, 2015
Praying hard that this ROM will be stable in future releases! Can't wait to flash it on my Tab Pro 8.0 SM-T325! :D

I wouldn't get my hopes up. SIM support probably won't be fixed for a while, if at all. Also there won't be nightlies or anything, and I will likely prioritize some other ROM in the future, probably MinimalOS, as I don't really like Cyanogenmod.

Ichijoe

Feb 11, 2007
Frankfurt am/Main
Just outta interest would it be possible to compare a working Marshmallow Qualcomm Stack to the one on the Tab PRO? If, not outright stealing it for the Tab PRO? Or is it really not just as simple as that?

DensonX

Mar 1, 2015
Just outta interest would it be possible to compare a working Marshmallow Qualcomm Stack to the one on the Tab PRO? If, not outright stealing it for the Tab PRO? Or is it really not just as simple as that?

I'm not actually good at ROM... stuff, so I am pretty much as clueless as everyone else, but I did use some code from the Tab S in the latest update, so I am going to keep trying that and see if it leads to anything good.

RavenY2K3

Nov 13, 2006
I know it's probably already been done/thought of @crpalmer but is there that much of a difference between the T325 and the Galaxy Tab S version (the T705) that, sections of CM13 could not be used with our T325?

Ichijoe

Feb 11, 2007
Frankfurt am/Main
I know it's probably already been done/thought of @crpalmer but is there that much of a difference between the T325 and the Galaxy Tab S version (the T705) that, sections of CM13 could not be used with our T325?
I guess until someone tries well never know. Sadly it seems that this was - is a Device that has completely fallen though all the cracks. That most of the Devs here seem to be more focused on the cheaper T320 should be a very sad clue as to the future of both the T325 & T525.

I'm not even sure if its even possible to even rewrite these Drivers, as I understand it the Radio Stack(s), are pretty much the holly of Hollies in proprietary closed source regarding corporate secrets, and the need to prevent such exposure to the GSM code to such exploits to get free LTE or calls.

Last edited:

joroca83

Nov 16, 2012
Is really working the data ? If radio works you are a good developer. Thanks

Enviado desde mi SM-N920C mediante Tapatalk

joroca83

Nov 16, 2012
This rom is bug free. This is a great news. Tnks kyasu you are the man.

Enviado desde mi SM-N920C mediante Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cm-13.0-20160207-UNOFFICIAL-mondrianlte.zip

Here is my port. Radio (call and mobile data) is working.

Download: cm-13.0-20160207-UNOFFICIAL-mondrianlte.zip
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24407100847292993

Sources:
    https://github.com/kyasu/android_device_samsung_mondrianlte
    https://github.com/kyasu/android_vendor_samsung_mondrianlte
    Now with working radio, thanks to kyasu. You should thank him, not me.

I am not responisble if you brick you device, if you lose all of your data or if you mess up in any other way.
    Please also note that this ROM may contain bugs that I do not know about. If you find a bug, please let me know.
    This ROM is made for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 4G, and will not work on any other device.

This is CyanogenMod 13, based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. This rom uses crpalmers device trees and kernel and would not have been possible without his work.

Bugs:
    Auto-rotate is kind of buggy
    Proximity sensor not working
    Probably more.

Installation:
    Do a NANDROID backup and back up all of your important files.
    Wipe System, Cache and Dalvik Cache
    Flash the ROM
    Flash Gapps (optional)
    Wipe Cache and Dalvik
    Boot

Download:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=65197348&postcount=17

Device Trees:
    mondrianlte: https://github.com/dens0n/android_device_samsung_mondrianlte/tree/cm-13.0
    tabpro-common: https://github.com/dens0n/android_device_samsung_tabpro-common/tree/cm-13.0

Kernel:
    https://github.com/cyanogenmod/android_kernel_samsung_mondrianwifi/tree/cm-13.0

I to would like to know if there is some USSD Code for the Tab Pro that governs how the NTP (Time Server) is setup. At the moment I'm of the thought that it just does NOT exist on this ROM, or is in fact broken. Thus why it feels like it's taking forever to get that first lock on.

I've managed to download this App called TopNTP from the Playstore. The good news is applying that to to my Tab Pro causes me to get a near instant fix... The bad news is it's usually always 20 clicks out, and oddly ever growing ever further away. Though the Map location beit, Google Maps, or Navigon seem to otherwise be correct. I guess what I need to do is to actually road test it to see if I can otherwise ignore this 'bug' that in both the GPS Test(ers), that I had also downloaded from the Playstore.

But, it's kinda clear that the problem is likely down to how the NTP is implemented on our Device. I suspect once this gets corrected we should be ok.

*EDIT*
    I also forgot to mention that once I've managed to chilax long enough to get that first fix, getting subsequent fixes happen much, much, quicker. Not quite in an instant mind. But, usually well within ~15s. Which would also in my mind implicate that this is a problem with the way the NTP calls up the AGPS, which in turn should be leading to better TtFF's (Time to First Fix).
    ok, seems I managed to fix the problem. Unfortunately I did two things in one shot and not sure if all these steps are needed. But I did this:
    1. Downloaded the newest 4.4 firmware for my country of device from here: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/96dce5...laxy Tab Pro 8.4/SM-T325/Страна Poland (XEO)/
    2. Opened it, extracted modem files from there (modem.bin and NON-HLOS.bin), put them in the tar archive and flashed them as Phone part in Odin 3.09
    3. Opened contents of the firmware itself with the ICS/JB/ext4 unpacker, extracted and replaced the following files via adb:
    Code:
    adb root
    adb remount
    adb push libgps.utils.so  /system/lib
    adb push libloc_api_v02.so /system/lib
    adb push libloc_core.so /system/lib
    adb push libloc_eng.so /system/lib
    adb push com.qualcomm.location.xml /system/etc/permissions
    adb push liblocationservice.so /system/vendor/lib
    adb push libizat_core.so /system/vendor/lib
    adb push liblbs_core.so/system/vendor/lib
    adb push libgeofence.so /system/vendor/lib
    adb push gps.conf /etc/
    adb push sap.conf /etc/

and voila :) I now have 2-3 seconds fix :) hope this can help someone but not taking any responsibility for what you do :)
    I can confirm this rom is great, however I have a problem with the proximity sensor: I tried an app to switch the screen off with that sensor, but it wasn't working.

So I installed an app to check the sensors, and seems that the proximity one is not found by the system, like is not existing.

There's a way to solve this, maybe just copying the right files from a Cm 12.1 build? Does anyone knows where the proximity sensor files are stored? Thanks!

Inviato dal mio SM-T325 utilizzando Tapatalk
    flash in TWRP - View attachment fix_speak_cm13.zip