Kali NetHunter for the Galaxy Note 3 (3.1.0)

Search This thread

yupiter00

Jul 16, 2014
Okay ,but lot of things from them not will work correctly,right?For example I tried at my home cSpoilt and ESET Smart Security immadiatly blocked it like attacking to network...Now if blocked by Eset could attack another in network?

luqmaanki

Apr 27, 2016
I have Note 3 N9005 running CM12.1 I followed all the steps, but after I flash both zip files for NetHunter and reboot, it just hangs on Samsung logo. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions?
Thanks

dr_hard9999

Jul 2, 2010
Sadly, this isn't working on port-based ROMs.
No it works perfectly
but it installed succesfully and if install to cyagenomod it will work?And next question have a tutorial?

Sent from my SM-N920C using XDA-Developers mobile app

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

I have Note 3 N9005 running CM12.1 I followed all the steps, but after I flash both zip files for NetHunter and reboot, it just hangs on Samsung logo. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions?
Thanks
That's normal... nothing to do
If you wanna Samsung Logo just flash the zip. . Search for you gonna find

luqmaanki

Apr 27, 2016
No it works perfectly

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

That's normal... nothing to do
If you wanna Samsung Logo just flash the zip. . Search for you gonna find

I'm not sure I understood you correctly. I meant that my phone doesn't boot at all after I install NetHunter zip files. It doesn't go beyond Samsung logo. I installed CM13.0 but still, when I try to boot it hangs on samsung logo.
Also, I have CWM recovery instead of TWRP because for some very odd reasons I am unable to flash TWRP, when I do it won't boot in recovery mode.
Any suggestions appreciated!

jcadduono

Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2014
Thunder Bay
adduono.com
I'm not sure I understood you correctly. I meant that my phone doesn't boot at all after I install NetHunter zip files. It doesn't go beyond Samsung logo. I installed CM13.0 but still, when I try to boot it hangs on samsung logo.
Also, I have CWM recovery instead of TWRP because for some very odd reasons I am unable to flash TWRP, when I do it won't boot in recovery mode.
Any suggestions appreciated!

Both TWRP and Kali NetHunter requires 4.4 bootloader or newer, preferably 5.0.
See http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-3/general/direct-download-bootloaders-modems-t3258803 for instructions on upgrading.

Last edited:

phlame64

Aug 16, 2011
11111000000a.wordpress.com
Amazing job done

I was able to flash both CyanogenMod 12.1 (based on lollipop 5.1.1) and OpenGapps (pico) flawlessly through the PhilZ Touch Recovery v6.48.4 (which is based on CWM 6.0.5.0) and then install the right NetHunter zip package for my N9005.

CyanogenMod version chosen: cm-12.1-20160508-NIGHTLY-hlte
OpenGapps version chosen: open_gapps-arm-5.1-pico-20160516
Kali NetHunter packages chosen: kernel-nethunter-hlteeur-lollipop-3.1.0-20160504-2330 [AND] nethunter-generic-armhf-kalifs-full-rolling-3.1.0-20160504-2330

I had flashed the PhilZ Touch Recovery v6.48.4 previously prior to installing my previous ROM, which was OmegaROM v22.1 (ZHUENH4).

Monitor mode and packet injection work great with an external Alfa AWUS036H card and an OTG cable (tested with wifite). Metasploit is handled perfectly and connects to its postgresql database.

c0defalasi

May 29, 2016
Thank you !

I was able to flash both CyanogenMod 12.1 (based on lollipop 5.1.1) and OpenGapps (pico) flawlessly through the PhilZ Touch Recovery v6.48.4 (which is based on CWM 6.0.5.0) and then install the right NetHunter zip package for my N9005.

CyanogenMod version chosen: cm-12.1-20160508-NIGHTLY-hlte
OpenGapps version chosen: open_gapps-arm-5.1-pico-20160516
Kali NetHunter packages chosen: kernel-nethunter-hlteeur-lollipop-3.1.0-20160504-2330 [AND] nethunter-generic-armhf-kalifs-full-rolling-3.1.0-20160504-2330

I had flashed the PhilZ Touch Recovery v6.48.4 previously prior to installing my previous ROM, which was OmegaROM v22.1 (ZHUENH4).

Monitor mode and packet injection work great with an external Alfa AWUS036H card and an OTG cable (tested with wifite). Metasploit is handled perfectly and connects to its postgresql database.

I also own a note 3 N9005 and i struggled to get my wireless network adapter working with the phone , it turned out to be the kernel i had installed was incorrect and your comment helped me! i did NOT need to reinstall everything i downloaded the kernel-nethunter-hlteeur-lollipop-3.1.0-20160504-2330 and flashed it after reboot I am able to finally use my wireless card.

happy hacking and thanks a lot for your comment made my day!

Last edited:

DGEEEK

Dec 14, 2013
hey @jcadduono can i use yours nightly build for cancro ( xiaomi mi4 ).
Actually im trying to port nethunter to cancro but i find that binkybear of offensive-security already compile the kernel blindly(not tested)
and u also included on yours nightly build so im thinking test and use it out.
if it works can i make a new thread to share on cancro forum?

jcadduono

Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2014
Thunder Bay
adduono.com
hey @jcadduono can i use yours nightly build for cancro ( xiaomi mi4 ).
Actually im trying to port nethunter to cancro but i find that binkybear of offensive-security already compile the kernel blindly(not tested)
and u also included on yours nightly build so im thinking test and use it out.
if it works can i make a new thread to share on cancro forum?

yeah that's binkybear's build, official device support is me and binky atm, go ahead and make a thread if you want, feel free to tell them to join #nethunter on freenode irc if they have issues so binky can sort them out

Reactions: DGEEEK

elektroda

Sep 28, 2013
Can hunter work on AryaMod V8.3 Lollipop? I'm also using idlekernel but still, I have to admit I'm new with hunter so and heads up guide is also more than welcome even on PM?!
Much appreciated!

jonnyh1994

Aug 25, 2012
Does this have a virus or something? Everytime I try to download the generic file. Avast blocks the download and detects a virus?

Nadirchine

Feb 7, 2010
Beijing
i just finished dumping a full kali-f chroot with 10.4 GB, but when put it in nethunter zip, it can not be flashed via recovery

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Kali NetHunter for the Galaxy Note 3 (3.1.0)

Welcome to the thread on Kali NetHunter for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

If you don't know what Kali NetHunter is, well, it's the entire Kali Linux operating system in a chroot on your phone, plus a bunch of awesome apps for executing exploits, fixing things, doing cool things. It goes on, I suppose.
    I'm gonna be honest guys, I'm not a security person. When it comes to security, I'm more of a Paul Blart.
    What I do know though, is that there is apt-get, and apt-get is life.

Find much more information here: https://github.com/offensive-security/kali-nethunter/wiki
    The answer to all your questions, generally the answer is YES, IT CAN DO THAT.

Most AOSP based ROMs should be supported!

The updater zip will add a few files to your /system partition, and install all of the NetHunter apps to your /data partition.
    The chroot is located in /data/local, so you don't have to worry about your system partition being full. It's full read/write capable.
    Understand that the zip will replace your current kernel with a completely different one.
    This is necessary because most stock or custom kernels don't provide the drivers needed to operate most of Kali NetHunter's features.

DOWNLOAD

Current version: 3.15.3 (stable, 2016-12-17)

Please be careful to download the right version based on this table:
    N9005: hlteeur
    N900W8 & N900T: hltecan
    N900P: hltespr
    N900K, N900L, & N900S: hltekor
    SC-01F: hltedcm
    SCL22: hltekdi

CyanogenMod 12.1 & SlimRom 5.1: lollipop
    CyanogenMod 13.0 & SlimRom 6.0: marshmallow

Nightly TWRP flashable zips are located at: https://build.nethunter.com/nightly/

BEFORE INSTALLING

Please make sure your phone boots fine and runs fine before flashing NetHunter. It's confusing when people report bugs that exist in CyanogenMod by itself.

The Kali chroot and apps are installed on your data partition (in /data/local for chroot). To initialize the chroot and install Kali Linux, you need to start the Kali NetHunter app.

The NetHunter installer will automatically install SuperSU in system mode, which I consider to be more stable. Since NetHunter already modifies your system partition, there is no need to use systemless SuperSU anyways.

FULL FRESH INSTALL STEPS

1. Optional: Flash CyanogenMod/SlimRom installer zip
    2. Optional: Flash Gapps if you want them (preferably OpenGapps pico)
    3. Boot into device
    4. Complete setup wizard
    5. Reboot into recovery
    6. Flash kernel-nethunter-hlte* and nethunter-generic-armhf-kalifs-full-rolling zips in any order.
    7. Boot into device
    8. Open the NetHunter app
    9. Use the Kali Chroot Manager to finish the installation
    10. You're done!
    UPDATING TO A NEWER BUILD

Going from 3.0.0 and up, all you have to do is flash the new build in recovery and wipe dalvik cache.

UPDATING YOUR ROM

To get all your NetHunter and SuperSU functions back after flashing a new ROM, just flash the ~60 MB update-nethunter-* zip again.

RUNNING WIFI PENETRATION TESTS

The internal WiFi chipset of the Galaxy Note 3 is not capable of running services which use monitor mode such as Wifite. For this, you will need to use a monitor mode capable WiFi adapter through a microUSB OTG adapter.
    As for compatible adapters, I highly recommend the Alfa Networks AWUS036NEH (eBay) which uses the Ralink RT3070 chipset. There are currently no monitor mode supported Wireless-AC adapters available.

Once plugged in, you can run the command from Kali terminal to turn on your adapter:

root@kali:~# ip link set wlan1 up

RAN INTO AN ISSUE OR BUG?

In order for me to help you, you have to at minimum reply with:
    • The link to the exact zip you downloaded
    • Your device model (hlte, hltecan, hltesovietrussia, etc.)
    • The name of the ROM you're flashing it on
    • The version and build date of the ROM you're flashing it on
    • A complete description of your problem
    • Optional: An audio recording of you reading this entire post
    If your issue is with a specific app, it might be better to contact the developer of that app.

If your issue is during the installation (ex. flashing the NetHunter zip), then please collect a TWRP recovery.log for me.

If you found a problem and were able to fix it, and no one's mentioned it in the thread already, it would be kind to state the issue and your fix for others to make use of as well.

You can join me and the other NetHunter developers on IRC at the #nethunter room on freenode to more handily diagnose problems together.
    I apologize, but I can't do house calls at this time.

You may be able to fix some bugs by updating to the latest bootloader and modem for your device.
    See: (Direct Download) Latest Bootloaders & Modems

KNOWN ISSUES

• USB Keyboard & VNC - Google Keyboard, AOSP Keyboard, CM Keyboard do not work due to a depth bug, use Hacker's Keyboard as a workaround.
    • Terminal App - Full screen programs like nano or vi are unusable unless you use the resize command. (always type resize when opening a new terminal window)

SCREENSHOTS
    1.png
    2.png

4.png
    3.png

DEVELOPMENT

For the kernel included in NetHunter for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, you can find the sources here: https://github.com/jcadduono/idleKernel-note3

See the Kali NetHunter installer source here: https://github.com/offensive-security/kali-nethunter
    See the Kali NetHunter app source here: https://github.com/offensive-security/nethunter-app

It is powered by idleKernel, however none of the idleKernel scripts (ikconfig, usb control, kernel tweaks) are available by default. I recommend installing idleKernel zip (non-NetHunter) from the idleKernel thread and then flashing the NetHunter updater or kernel installer over idleKernel. You will then have all of idleKernel and Kali NetHunter's features at your disposal.

DISCLAIMER

I am not affiliated with Offensive Security. They seem like cool guys though.
    I'm not even a novice when it comes to security and penetration. I'm just a simple system administrator with a passion for breaking Android.
    Please restrain yourselves from asking me security related questions.

NOT SO MUCH AS SEEN ON MR. ROBOT, BUT PROBABLY EVEN BETTER

8KnPs5I.jpg

XDA:DevDB Information
    Kali NetHunter for the Galaxy Note 3, Device Specific App for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
    jcadduono, the Kali NetHunter team
    Source Code: https://github.com/jcadduono/kali-nethunter

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.15.3
    Stable Release Date: 2016-12-17

Created 2016-01-07
    Last Updated 2016-12-21
    Reserved

first
    Version 3.0.1 is now up and the changes are:
    • Tell SuperSU to install in system mode (not systemless)
    • Update SuperSU to version 2.66
    • Use SuperSU's supolicy binary to patch the sepolicy during install (fixes Marshmallow/CM13.0 unable to boot)
    • Inject init.superuser.rc into the ramdisk if it's not there already
    • SuperSU should no longer be broken with non-gzip compressed ramdisks

Find commits here: https://github.com/jcadduono/kali-nethunter/commits/master

Please note that it is still Kali Nethunter 3.0, and the .1 is just an update that improves flashing compatibility.

Y'know, I really thought you guys would be eating this stuff right up. <_<
    TouchWiz NetHunter coming soon... everyone told me it was broken so I didn't make it public, but I just tried it now and it works perfectly fine!!! arggg people giving bad bug reports!

Edit: Found the issue people were talking about, it seems NetHunter app crashes when extracting the chroot on TouchWiz, resulting in half installed system that crashes terminal. Looking for fix now.

Update: touchwiz builds up now! (3.0.2) -- if chroot doesn't work, try flashing a chroot-full generic armhf zip after flashing the model specific update zip!

Update #2: I made some changes in NetHunter app for 3.0.3 that should fix issues with sdcard mounting and add /external_sd to Kali as well as fully support kali-rolling chroot with no issues. Not sure when the team will merge 3.0.3 into the main branch, but be on the lookout!

Update #3: 3.0.4 is up! sdcard mounting should now work for both internal and external sdcard.
    If it doesn't work for external sdcard, do (in Kali):
    Code:
    mkdir -p /external_sd
    chmod 0755 /external_sd
    Then reload the terminal and it should mount.

Also, Kali-rolling is now stable on NetHunter!
    You can install the new rolling chroot with this zip: https://idlekernel.com/nethunter/ni...f-kalifs-full-rolling-3.0.4-20160129-2016.zip
    This should fix quite a few issues people may have been running into... :)
    Warning: Flashing a new chroot will delete your old one!
    please include flashing instructions - do we need to also flash gapps...which ones should we use. Thank you.

It's not a ROM, it's an app, kernel, and environment. You have to flash it on an already set up CyanogenMod ROM from TWRP.