Search This thread

lgkahn

Mar 26, 2010
londonderry
for some reason i went to reboot my phone and it wontboot just hangs.. can boot to recovery and do a factory reset.. but still wont boot.

cannot boot to download mode with vol up keypad and power.. just continually reboots to the samsung white message and starts over.. any suggestions or should i just send it back?

lgkahn

Mar 26, 2010
londonderry
got it working whey.. it wouldnt boot up to recovery.. got it to goto recovery during a boot loop by plugging in usb.. i think.. the only think i can think is that earlier today i replace the mms.apk and mms.odex with an earlier version from jf3.. didnt like that at all. but i didnt reboot till later.. this was to try and work around the messaging bug in jg1.. .since i had to reinstall i am happy to report as previously reported that the the csc from jff messaging works fine the the modem and core files from jg1.. (that is what i reflashed it too..)

saldawop

Dec 2, 2009
[Q] Help! Think I bricked my phone!!

Flashed to WJG1
Started Odin,it started to do its thing.halfway through I got the USB disconnect sound.Odin stopped , I now have a green screen

ogen

Sep 17, 2009
And u cant boot it to either restore or download mode?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

saldawop

Dec 2, 2009
Keeps on happening.Have tried WJG1 and WJG5.With WJG5 I thought it was going to work.Got 3/4 of the way then it disconnected.

saldawop

Dec 2, 2009
I think its worked.
YESSSSS
Im on WJG5 ....shall I just leave it on that. I thought I would roll back to JG1 with r2, as I was having problems with it forever scanning the SD Card, and with MTP mode keep on flashing ...initializing.
Which it is doing right now

I have the latest version of Kies installed...and I never open it.

Edit: SHOULD I be able to roll back to an earlier firmware?

Last edited:

BackfireNL

Nov 11, 2009
Haarlem
I think its worked.
YESSSSS
Im on WJG5 ....shall I just leave it on that. I thought I would roll back to JG1 with r2, as I was having problems with it forever scanning the SD Card, and with MTP mode keep on flashing ...initializing.
Which it is doing right now

I have the latest version of Kies installed...and I never open it.

Edit: SHOULD I be able to roll back to an earlier firmware?

As far as i know you can flash whatever firmware you would like! the best option right now is to use JG5!

Correct me if i'm wrong!

saldawop

Dec 2, 2009
Are you on WJG5?
Do you have any problems?
The MTP constantly initializing (Not sure thats a real problem as I turn it off and use mass storage, but it should work so I want it to)
The constant Media Scanning.
Doesnt feel particularly quick.
And with WJG1+r2 I could run scripts for lag and market and it was pretty quick.

Can I run the scripts with WJG5?? r2 made it nice and easy.

BackfireNL

Nov 11, 2009
Haarlem
Are you on WJG5?
Do you have any problems?
The MTP constantly initializing (Not sure thats a real problem as I turn it off and use mass storage, but it should work so I want it to)
The constant Media Scanning.
Doesnt feel particularly quick.
And with WJG1+r2 I could run scripts for lag and market and it was pretty quick.

Can I run the scripts with WJG5?? r2 made it nice and easy.

Yes i am on WJG5! you can root it and you can use the lagfix!

I am currently using it without the lagfix and it works great! no blackscreens whatsoever!

Question! did you remove the simcard and sd card when you where flashing with odin?

It shouldn't be scanning for media all the time! don't know whats wrong!

saldawop

Dec 2, 2009
Following a tutorial which says to uninstall Market from Applications.When I go to Applications(clicking Fliter>All) and bringing up Market there is no option to delete

dupel

Jun 2, 2010
London
Here mate, have a look at some suggestions.

And some other quick - you should have run kies before the flashing, so it would install all the drivers, it might be your problem.

Maybe a moderator can pin this, ot some other inbricking topic/guide?

Link to tutorial - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=725858

Last edited:

saldawop

Dec 2, 2009
Well, I dont know what happened, but after setting up my phone pretty much as it was before I thought "I didnt do a factory reset after flashing the rom", so I did so.Rebooted,went to Market and all apps are showing :confused:

saldawop

Dec 2, 2009
What does a factory format do??

I thought it would wipe everything off the phone?

After doing one on my newly flashed SGS, I had a look at the SD card and all the folders of games/programs were still there.

alain57

Jul 15, 2010
i was afraid too when i flashed with the latest firmware last week
odin did nothing, so after 10 mins i remove the usb cable and put it again
then restart computer and put the usb cable ... but the computer didn't see the phone

i turn off the phone, it turn on automaticaly with a nice logo with a phone and a computer... like the phone wana tell me : "You dumb idiot, you bricked me"

I was near to be killed (its my wifes mobile, not mine) but then i tried to return into download mode and it worked and lucky the computer saw the phone

ps: i did this night, when my wife was asleep, so she didn't noticed, but if she noticed or if it was bricked ... well i guess she would kicked my ass and i would be 500box poorer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If the "connect to pc" error appears, here is how to recover:

Do a power cycle (i.e remove & re-insert the battery).
    Press power button (The "connect to pc" error symbol will appear)
    Press and hold: volume down, home and power keys.
    Once the screen turns black release the power key immediately (keep holding volume down and home keys).
    The phone is now in download mode.

This also works with phones which are lacking the "3-button combo" feature.

Unless the last firmware update was done with 513.pit file, do not select re-partition. Just select the 512 or 803.pit & flash files.
    "**** Dark and his ****ty ROM?"

**** you, no-one is to blame but you.
    You were warned before installing this ROM and it totally works for me and about 99,9% of the rest of us.
    Hi experts,

Can anyone teach how to dump the stock ROM out from the device and Turn in to files for Odin3 to flash. Thanks!

I've just receive my i9000 UK 2 days ago. also my first experience with android :)

now:
    - I cannot apply update.zip
    - What's the problem with CSC? I upgraded my i9000 to JFB firmware, this error appeared, then I restarted. I thought I would get an error on boot, but It booted flawlessly everything's normal.

I used have HTC Magic so I'm ok on flashing roms, The issue i have is Odin does not see my Galaxy S?

I booted into recovery mode it installs the drivers and Odin doesnt see it?

Anybody else had this can help me out?

I'm using XP

thanks

Flashed many roms, now cant get sms and email icon to show the numeric ammount of messages on the home screen icons. Works fine on froyo roms just not back in the 2.1 roms, please can anyone help? thanks.

i tried flashing using odin, the application got stuck at "factoryfs.rfs" for 15 minutes and then i unplugged the phone. when i turned it on there is a sign showing that the phone is disconnected from the pc...even after removing the battery its still the same i got back to download mode but same again the odin is stuck at the same point...

any help would be appriciated guys

I tried installing the one lag fix via the update file and the partitioning got interupted.

I rebooted phone but it went past the boot screen and staued blank.

NOW IT WONT LET ME FLASH A NEW FIRMWARE ON ODIN??

<ID:0/010> Can't open the serial(COM) port.
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

HELP PLEASE

I'm having problems with my touch screen and i have to sent it to warranty repair, do i have to Unroot it? and how do i undo de fix lag???? my mobile doesn't boot properly without de micro sd!!!! please help

I stuffed my GalaxyS when applying 1 touch Lagfix

I have followed the instructions on samsung-firmwares.com to reflash and I only reflash the PDA and it successfully reflash it.

Upon rebooting it went to the boot mode asking if I want to reboot or apply update.zip, I choose reboot

It rebooted but stuck at Galaxy S GT-i9000 and did not go further than that.

Yes, my Samsung is no longer Simlock as I was able to unlock it and insert my vodafone chip and made a call.

I tried the firmware 2.2 Froyo JP2 with 512 pit file
    Yes the sim card and tf card were removed.

OK the error message I am getting are:

Installing Multi-CSC

Install default apk files, please wait
    ensure root_path_umounted++
    ensure root_path_umounted++ (data)
    ensure root_path_umounted++ ret 0
    unmount (/data) attempt1 (unknown error: 0) ensure root_path_umounted++
    ensure root_path_umounted++ (/mnt/internal_sd)
    ensure root_path_umounted++ ret 0
    unmount(/mnt/internal_sd) attempt1 (unknown error: 0)
    Install default apk-files. finished

ODIN's Message
    <ID:0/006> Added!!
    <ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
    <ID:0/006> File analysis..
    <ID:0/006> Set PIT file..
    <ID:0/006> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
    <ID:0/006> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/006> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/006> boot.bin
    <ID:0/006> Sbl.bin
    <ID:0/006> param.lfs
    <ID:0/006> factoryfs.rfs
    <ID:0/006> cache.rfs
    <ID:0/006> dbdata.rfs
    <ID:0/006> zImage
    <ID:0/006> modem.bin
    <ID:0/006> Removed!!
    <ID:0/006> Completed..
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)
    <ID:0/007> Added!!

Any idea anyone?

I flashed again and again keep getting this problem. Can somebody help?

Guys I need a little help.

I just rooted my phone, and I want to try the LagFix.
    But I'm a little confused with all the different versions, scripts, APKs... I dont know which one to use.

I want the best/newer one (in terms of speed and stability), I don't mind if its not the easiest to install.

Can you guys please point me to the best/newer version available?

I have stock JF5/JFB rooted. I want to try the internal sd version first. Is there any problem with it degrading the phone's internal memory faster or something?

Thanks,
    Paulo

hello to all root masters. yesterday I decided to root my phone with a newbie method and everything seemed ok. i done what i needed with update.zip, then i ran mcr app, it done its work, but after this all apps force closed. i rebooted and after the galaxy s logo the screen turned black and only the boot up sound was what i heard. i reseted my phone from the boot menu but the problem is still here. i tought that i will not have problems so i did it. please help me, i dont know what to do and i am desperate. i no longer want to root, i only want my phone working again. Thanks in advance... my pc doesnt work too at this moment so i am posting from my old tocco ultra

Friends my phone struck at sanding logo I tried it to recover it by pressing vol down + power +menu button it stats showing Downloding screeen but kies doesn't recognize or search my phone I m neebee plz helpppp

i've flashed jpc few days ago, and today is the first time i turn the phone off, when i try to turn it back on, it has the black screen after the booting animation, and keep having single, double vibrate, i'm not sure why is that happening and also can i flash back to 2.1 by using odins? i've upgraded by kies, any suggestions? thx

Hello,

before to all sorry for my englush, i try to explain my problem.
    Changing from a rom to another i before make a back with titanium backup.

Ok i know that if i change from a 2.1 to a 2.2 i cannot put all data but only application for esample.

But in case i change from to different version of Froyo ?

my problem is that i have a llot of email address and any time i need to reimpost all on my devide, i can take it from back up if for esempla change from JPC to JP2 ?

and wht is the voice that i need to replace ? google mail or what ?

thank's

regards

Th3condor

Hi,
    The phone seems stuck for 5 hours during the installation process (partition creation stage). Is this can be normal? should I continue to wait?

Good day, I accidentally deleted gTalk.apk gtalkservice.apk
    Now when working with the market I error is presented google.process.gapps unexpectedly closed.

Could someone put gTalk.apk gtalkservice.apk for download?

Hi
    i tryed to change the theme on my phone and i change the following files:
    framework-res.apk
    twframework-res.apk

i rebooted my phone and everytime i touch the screen "select an action, sorry!" and the button 'application %1$s(in

I am also missing the toolbar at the top and i cannot do anything

Please i need help. I need the originals of these files and i need a method to put them onto the phone again as my phone is unusable.

my firmware is JG4 or 3.

thankyou for your help

Hey guys I am a noob and don't know much about flashing and all and I downloaded the GT-I9000_XXJPK.rar file from rapidshare as I wanted to flash my Galaxy S I9000 with this JPK one. But while extracting this I got a CRC error for this file "GT-I9000-CSC-MULTI-OXAJPK.tar.md5" and as I've a slow connection it'll be little difficult for me to download all the file again So is there any one who can upload this particular file only on rapidshare?

And one more thing on typing *#1234# I got this information:
    PDA: I9000XWJGS
    Phone: I9000XXJG1
    CSC: I9000OXXJG4

So is it possible for me to directly update to this XXJPK firmware or it'll be a problem ?

And is the XXJPK firmware stable and good ? and If not which one is the best stable firmware available right now or any official available than please provide me the download link.

Thanks in advance

Can some of you running Froyo go to the following websites and see how much RAM the browser is using according to the task manager?

Be sure to go to the desktop version of the sites.

1) pocketnow.com - browser uses ~80-120 MB of RAM when browsing this site and often crashes or pushes other apps out of memory

2) engadget.com - browser uses ~60 MB of RAM

Wondering if other Galaxy S phones with Froyo are seeing unusually high memory usage in the browser or if it's just our leaked ROM that's messed up. Thanks.

D'oh

flashed the Clarity FW into my GT-I9000, no home button so can't instruct download mode, cant find an app that will install the correct rom from the phone that doesnt require rooting (can't root it obviously), cant connect USB yes it will connect for a second but no where near enough time to register and be contactable by one click root or download adb command etc

I'm hoping something happens soon or im throwing the thing in the sea. Also the at and t firmware, bad bad baseband, loads of loud squealy static unable to hear callers.

Please help me, I just had a baby and I can not afford to be stuck on a 2 yr contract with no phone!

Help, I can not make any calls with my phone! Evertime when I try to make calls, it pops up "Data network is not available" !!!!!!!!!!!!

----------------------------
    Just now, I tried to downgrade from Froyo 2.2 JPK to JM8.

xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=790686

It can not restart, so, I flashed back 2.2 again, and follow this post, removed all the files that starts with nv.

Now the problem comes. I can not downgrade to JM8. And even can not make phone calls.

What should I do?

I have been sitting in front of my computer from 17:00 till 23:00, just search and flash roms, no luck.

Can any one help.

Hi
    I try dodexing same files and dont successful.
    This file I try : "DialerTabActivit" (APK and odex file)

This what i do:
    1. put all filse from framework folder, APK and odex files .
    2.add the smali and baksmali files
    3. run a next Command in CMD :
    "java -jar baksmali-1.2.4.jar -x DialerTabActivit.odex"
    and get error : http://www.siz.co.il/my/2myiiydmrmxf.jpg

I try this Command :
    "java -jar baksmali-1.2.4.jar -l DialerTabActivit.odex"
    and this extracts files without deodexing process.

What can ido to successful deodexing?
    Thanks!

Hi guys, I have been a silent observer of XDA for a while now and you guys have helped through the past 4-5 phones that I've had - but now, I am stuck, so I thought I'll ask for help.

I have a galaxy S (i90000-GT) - originally from Bell, Canada but unlocked. I was running the XJPH with lag-fix and two days ago, when the phone rebooted, it got stuck in a boot loop, samsung logo with black screen comes on, and it starts all over again. Now, I can get into download mode and I followed the process to install JM8, and the stock file (the US Vibrant stock file) and I tried this as well:howto-froyo-fw-i9000xxjpm-upgrade-via-odin-root-recovery-2e-lagfix/[

But to no avail. The boot loop is still there. With JM8, the phone boots up and the goes beyond the flash samsung logo (with the music) but loads to a black screen, with the lights on.

Am really frustrated as this is my only work phone (and I go back to work tomorrow). Without the phone, I am pretty much screwed. I dont care about the Data on the phone (have performed 3-4 data wipes during installing the above mentioned roms) . So anything you can advise, will help!

any ideas?

My Galaxy wont connect with Kies ? check out this link -

.youtube.com/watch?v=Bun3DgLNsuk.
    cant explain the problem properly

can anyone tell me where is my boot.img located in the galaxy s thanks

I'm using firmware version JP3 now and I want to install the new one (JPM)..
    The problem is, I installed a lagfix, don't even remember which one and how I should remove it... but I'm pretty sure that this is why it doesn't let me install a new firmware through Odin.. it just get stucks at the middle of the upgrading proccess..

Actually I'm not even sure how to install the new JPM firmware.. do I need to install another firmware before this one? I can't find one normal guide that will help me with this questions.. also, I'm using Windows 7 64bit.. do I need to use different version of Odin or different firmwares?

I have no idea what to do and I hope someone help me with this..
    Thanks in advance

Hey guys i need some one who has a stock unmoded Galaxy S to go in to
    Regedit

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Samsung\Kies\DeviceDB\X]
    and provide me with

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Samsung\Kies\DeviceDB\X]
    "SoftwareRevision"=
    "ProductCode"=
    "HIDSWVER"=

X = Device Number

it would be much appreciated

I got a new Galaxy S phone, im sorta new. It was working one minute, then the screen went black. Now when i turn it on it goes to the logo screen and galaxy s screen but then goes completely black and doesn't boot into the phone - the bottom 2 lights are on as well.

I can access download mode -- how do i fix this without losing too much stuff ? but I am way too new. Please help

I get message E:failed to verify whole-file signature..etc, when trying to update to JPO, this I assume is because I am on e3?

Where and how do I install a 2e recovery so I can install the JPO rom..sorry if its been asked, but have looked everywhere and the forum is moving at a fast pace and getting confusing for a noob. with regards to changing roms. :eek:

hello guys.. I own samsung galaxy s... i hve recently removed OCLF and installed voodoo beta 4 fix but it actualy messed my phone and makes it alot slower. donno the names exactly but voodoo fix is a kernal or something:confused: tried to delete it,factory reset but its still there... could anyone here help me how to reflash JM1( the firmware my phone came with) back on the phone in order to remove voodoo fix.. also if you guys could kindly give me link to JM1 firmware download i will be realy greatfull. and how to flash on Odin... Please help me guys. :(

Ciao a tutti e scusate per l'inglese scarso
    Voglio creare un update.zip da installare su /data/app con le mie applicazioni.
    Lo script del file "update.script" è giusto?

show_progress 0.1 0

copy_dir PACKAGE:app DATA:app

Sto seguendo questa guida [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=641223"]http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=641223[/URL]ma sono un principiante

GOOGLE TRANSLATE
    Hello everyone and sorry for poor English
    I want to create a update.zip mounted / data / app with my applications.
    The script file "update.script" is right?

show_progress 0.1 0

copy_dir PACKAGE: DATA app: app

I am following this guide [URL="http://xdaforums.com/show...p_s+SYSTEM:app"]http://xdaforums.com/show...p_s+SYSTEM:app[/URL], but I am a beginner

Hello Everyone. I need some help.
    I bought SGS with MLS destinator inside the external SD card.
    Since i upgrades to froyo , the mls destinator cant load and says that it cant find the resource files. I am almost sure that this happens because on eclair the external sd was mounted on /sd and now onfroyo on /external_sd. How can i mount it again at /sd ???? Thnx . Sorry for my english.

If i can have the external sd mounted to both /sd and /external_sd it would be the best.

Hy:
    Can anyone send me the boot and shutdown animation for my galaxy s ? I deleted them :\ When i turn on my phone i can hear the sound but the animation in gonne .
    I believe it is in the /system/media/video

thanks!

Hi there,
    I rooted my Galaxy S i9000 today with Z4Root. I then went to flash Clockworkmod recovery on to it, but when the phone goes in to recovery mode, it tries to verify the package then gives the error 'E:failed to verify whole file signature
    E:signature verification failed.' Similarly, since flashing to Froyo I have been unable to use the recovery mode 3 button combo. To fix this, I tried to use the update.zip fix for this error (by using ROM Manager to go in to download then apply update.zip), but the phone gave the same error again. Can anyone help?
    Baseband: I9000XXJPM
    Build Number: FROYO.XWJP6
    Applied SGS Battery Icon from the free app.

hi im also interesed in the voodoo lagfix have just updated my samsung galaxy s to froyo and very laggy and tried oclf and keeps saying to much data installed please remove but i havent much on the phone any help or ideas would be helpfull or anything i could try im bit off a nood
    maybe voodoo would be better but where do i find the lagfix for froyo and how do i install it please any help

Hi, I just flash I9000DXJPA from samfirmware, itis done but can't go through next process. it is hang in Galaxy S GT-I9000 screen.. that's it.... please help what should I do next.

I flash it from I9000XWJPA with Spike Speedy ROM, using Odin 1.3 with 803 PIT, re-partition.

Before flashing, I have disable the lagfix (I use OCLFRyanZa) and doing factory reset as well as formating my internal sdcard. Pull out external sd as well as SIM Card.

Please .. please help me. I try to flash FM I9000DXJF4 (as I think, it will help) but it is same just hanging in Galaxy S GT I9000 screen. the differ is I can go to recovery mode as well as download mode. But nothing else.

Please help. I have done the alternative not to tick repartition also but it is same.

Please help..help..
    i flashed an i9000 firmware on my bell device. it works\worked fine.

although i did all 3 at the same time (pda, phone, csc), and repartitioned with the .pit file.