[I9000M] UGKG3 Available on Kies

Search This thread

Concession

Sep 4, 2010
Thanks xxbeanxx for the rooted kernel! I got all of my app data back in titanium backup now :)

And thanks to haloimplant and DeHann for answering questions I had before I even asked them :p

xWarMachine04

Jan 10, 2011
BC
can someone please re-upload the rooted kernel xxbeanxx made? the file isnt available on megaupload anymore for some reason...

Thanks!

gfacer

Jan 24, 2011
Vancouver and area
I noticed that too, for me I have my data network off a lot of the time, when it did this for me, I just turned the data network off then the wifi stayed active, turned the data back on and it was fine again, didnt show up with the double icon

I have this issue too, but never had it before and it is annoying. Simple to fix as you mentioned but still annoying.

The

Sent from my GT-I9000M using XDA Premium App

dcarr622

Oct 18, 2008
dcarr.io
So, I downloaded the zImage. Noticed that it was a file without an extension. Odd. Tried to add it to a .tar archive using WinRAR without success. Did some searching via with the help of our friend Google and found a program called IZArc. Added the zImage to a .tar archive using this program and was able to flash using Odin. Now rooted successfully...

Hope this helps out anyone trying to root KG3 on the I9000M.

Thanks to xxbeanxx for the modified zImage. Great work!

P.S. I am going to ask Chainfire if he will create a CF Root kernel for KG3...

That's a good tip, as 7zip hasn't worked for me. But I just use Heimdall instead of Odin, can handle zImage's no problem.

xWarMachine04

Jan 10, 2011
BC
Last edited:
Reactions: zorxd

scmlee

Aug 23, 2006
Great thanks... So to understand.

1. Can this be done on top of the already installed KG3?

2. Do I use ODIN 1.82?

7. Odin should say added and show a comm port.

8. Then Start

9. Wait till finished

I'm also trying to update my phone this way. How long should it take for Odin to upload/install the PDA file? Mine seems to be stuck on 'factoryfs.rfs' for a long time (>15-20 min now)...

BoDoP8690

Aug 7, 2010
Since update to 2.3.3 my GPS has not worked at all.

Discovered that if I turn Off WiFi then I can get a GPS lock within secs.
I can then turn WiFi back on and both work!

WiFi on and GPS can not get a lock at all regardless if there is a WiFi connection or not.

This was not an issue under previous versions 2.1 and 2.2.
Region is set correctly to North America for GPS.

Why this is I do not know.
Hope this helps others who may be having a GPS issue like I was/am.

scmlee

Aug 23, 2006
Turns out the file I downloaded was incomplete. Re-downloaded the file and tried again and was up and running in a few minutes! Thanks!

haloimplant

Aug 19, 2010
Hmm when I was playing with rooted stock KG3 last night I thought it might be good enough to keep for a while. It's fast and the battery held up while I used it but this morning I am not using the phone and seeing the Android OS battery drain bug.

The battery seems to be draining at 4-5% per hour with over half of it coming up Android OS. Deal killer, I am used to 1-2%/hour idle use on 2.2.1 where the phone could go for 2-3 days when I wasn't using it much. I'll flash to something 2.3.4 this weekend but I feel bad for 'stock users' who will be stuck with this.

Last edited:

donpayman

Nov 4, 2010
I created a rooted kernel if anybody is interested.

I just added the su binary and added two lines to init.rc to copy it to /system/xbin and setuid it.

Other than that it's completely stock. No superuser, no busybox (they can be grabbed from the market), no tweaks whatsoever.

It's just what i am looking for, is it possible to get this kernel.
Thanks in advance.

bestjsg

Aug 11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
newbie question again...I did the kg3 upgrade no problem and also just downloaded the rooted kernel ...I understand I need to flash the zimage.bin with Odin but do I put it under pda,csc,phone or bootloader ?

Sent from my GT-I9000M using XDA App

Top Liked Posts