CM7 on the Touchpad

Search This thread

joenathane

Oct 19, 2010
Phoenix

quote from here http://rootzwiki.com/content.php?r=234-EXCLUSIVE-CyanogenMod-7-On-the-HP-TouchPad
Hey Internet/RootzWiki--

Here is some (older) touchpad progress from Friday. The Cyanogenmod team wanted to share it with the public as a blatant publicity stunt to bring attention to our need for a few more touchpads (for developers currently working without them).

As you can see from this quick demo, we've been working hard and have made progress. Since this video was created last week, the build has been more "tabletized" (tablet tweaks added, etc.), lvm support has been added, and 2d hardware acceleration should appear very soon.

The touchscreen driver issue is now the focus of our attention.

Our ultimate vision is to create a *multiboot* solution where the end user will be able to boot into WebOS, Cyanogenmod, and/or other OSes. This appears to be very possible, and we have discussed several potential implementations with our new friends in the WebOS development community to make it easy for an end-user to set up.

For the moment though, we need about 4 tablets, as we have talented and experienced developers who cannot contribute effectively due to a lack of hardware. If you have an extra touchpad and are willing to help the cause, please let us know in the comments below.

A BIG CAVEAT-- PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR ETAS. For the uninitiated, this is the #1 rule for Cyanogenmod. It will certainly be a long while before our goals become reality. Our goals incidentally are not connected with any bounty-- we are motivated to do it right, not do it fast.

And now the obligatory shout outs-- Thanks to rootzwiki and all the devs and everyone else who are collaborating and contributing to this project. You know who you are, you.

The CM team
www.cyanogenmod.com

PS- Yes, this is gingerbread (Android 2.3.5). Everything you see, except for bootie the bootloader (a great kid's show btw), was compiled from source.

I knew the CyanogenMod team wouldn't disappoint! Not too much longer now...

joenathane

Oct 19, 2010
Phoenix
Latest CM7 progress video

may i just say, this is looking very good!

-proper colors
-multi-touch
-hardware acceleration

Last edited:
Reactions: Jocelyn

NissanNick

Jun 12, 2011
Very cool and i love all the great work they are doing... But until honeycomb goes open source and we get that, I think ill stick with Webos... Or maybe duel boot....

Joolz03

Aug 10, 2010
Nothing new yet from the cm7 team. Hope to see it soon!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA App

byrdang

Jan 7, 2008
--- saw this on craigslist Atlanta... any merit to this? Peep below

Android OS Installed on HP Touchpad! (Lawrenceville)

Date: 2011-09-11, 4:53PM EDT

We can install the Android OS on your HP Touchpad while you wait!

Location: Lawrenceville it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2593536697

Sent from my LG-V909 using XDA Premium App

srm1371

Dec 22, 2008
--- saw this on craigslist Atlanta... any merit to this? Peep below

Android OS Installed on HP Touchpad! (Lawrenceville)

Date: 2011-09-11, 4:53PM EDT

We can install the Android OS on your HP Touchpad while you wait!

Location: Lawrenceville it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2593536697

Sent from my LG-V909 using XDA Premium App

I would not believe it. I would wait till you here and see it from a credible source.

pflatlyne

Apr 24, 2007
I would not believe it. I would wait till you here and see it from a credible source.

I know just how it works,you meet a guy named Boris and his brother Ivan under a bridge in the bad part of town. They show up in a van and he says "you give pad,wait here,we fix up good,okie dokie!” Bori s and Ivan get in back of the van,Boris jumps in he drivers seat,burns rubber and your touch pad ends up on ebay. If your smart enough to decide not to give them your touchpad,Boris grabs it while Ivan bashes you in the head with a tire iron,and you wake up in the emergency room missing your wallet after a homeless man realized the trash bag he was taking a leak on was moaning and leaking blood.

tricky-tricky

May 12, 2011
I know just how it works,you meet a guy named Boris and his brother Ivan under a bridge in the bad part of town. They show up in a van and he says "you give pad,wait here,we fix up good,okie dokie!” Bori s and Ivan get in back of the van,Boris jumps in he drivers seat,burns rubber and your touch pad ends up on ebay. If your smart enough to decide not to give them your touchpad,Boris grabs it while Ivan bashes you in the head with a tire iron,and you wake up in the emergency room missing your wallet after a homeless man realized the trash bag he was taking a leak on was moaning and leaking blood.

I hope it didn't happen to you

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

wpnyc2009

Sep 24, 2009
Manhattan

LMFAO! I'm pitchering the Hobo saying "you got a perty mouth. You know how to squeal like a pig?""

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

quote from here http://rootzwiki.com/content.php?r=234-EXCLUSIVE-CyanogenMod-7-On-the-HP-TouchPad
    Hey Internet/RootzWiki--

Here is some (older) touchpad progress from Friday. The Cyanogenmod team wanted to share it with the public as a blatant publicity stunt to bring attention to our need for a few more touchpads (for developers currently working without them).

As you can see from this quick demo, we've been working hard and have made progress. Since this video was created last week, the build has been more "tabletized" (tablet tweaks added, etc.), lvm support has been added, and 2d hardware acceleration should appear very soon.

The touchscreen driver issue is now the focus of our attention.

Our ultimate vision is to create a *multiboot* solution where the end user will be able to boot into WebOS, Cyanogenmod, and/or other OSes. This appears to be very possible, and we have discussed several potential implementations with our new friends in the WebOS development community to make it easy for an end-user to set up.

For the moment though, we need about 4 tablets, as we have talented and experienced developers who cannot contribute effectively due to a lack of hardware. If you have an extra touchpad and are willing to help the cause, please let us know in the comments below.

A BIG CAVEAT-- PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR ETAS. For the uninitiated, this is the #1 rule for Cyanogenmod. It will certainly be a long while before our goals become reality. Our goals incidentally are not connected with any bounty-- we are motivated to do it right, not do it fast.

And now the obligatory shout outs-- Thanks to rootzwiki and all the devs and everyone else who are collaborating and contributing to this project. You know who you are, you.

The CM team
    www.cyanogenmod.com

PS- Yes, this is gingerbread (Android 2.3.5). Everything you see, except for bootie the bootloader (a great kid's show btw), was compiled from source.

I knew the CyanogenMod team wouldn't disappoint! Not too much longer now...
    Is there any place to track the status of this project?

Here is the official thread where the ROM will ultimately be released http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?4011-Discussion-CyanogenMod-team-Touchpad-port

and here is Dalingrins twitter http://twitter.com/#!/dalingrin
    Not sure if any were aware but i got this tweet yesterday...Check this out!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZwhbJiad8Y&feature=youtu.be

This is CM7 on touchpad thread, not touchdroid-team talk, and ya they obviously know about it
    Latest CM7 progress video

may i just say, this is looking very good!

-proper colors
    -multi-touch
    -hardware acceleration
    hey... my cousin's name is Boris, and it's not his fault he beats people. OK?...