[Q]what are some good external battery packs.

Search This thread

torikorocks

Jan 3, 2011
Syracuse
As we all know the battery life isn't the greatest for this phone so I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions on good external battery packs.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA App

SallyC

Dec 1, 2011
As we all know the battery life isn't the greatest for this phone so I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions on good external battery packs.

I have two that I own. For a single charge (or a couple from ~40%-~90%), I use PowerGen 2900mAh UltraSlim Power Bank Charger. It's small enough that if you wanted to you could Velcro it to the back of your Razr and has a built in Micro USB which is handy.

For longer stints away from power (travel, camping, etc.) I have the New Trent iCruiser IMP1000 which gives me 6+ charges and is still fairly compact at 4 x 3.75 x 1.125 in.

Last edited:
Reactions: torikorocks

SallyC

Dec 1, 2011

I should add that I have found using Juice Defender Ultimate, I rarely have any power issues. With normal use (30 min stream audio, some camera use and pretty frequent use of text/email/checking in on forums) I can easily go all day on a charge. I'm at 12 hrs and 51% right now after a typical day.

So if you haven't looked at JD, I'd recommend it. They have a free version and two paid. You can compare their attributes here. I went with the Ultimate and figured I'd grow into it, which has happened. The more familiar I got with it the more I find myself taking advantage of it's flexibility and options. Definitely a great app!

scottysize

Mar 17, 2011

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA App

Really? It lasts longer than my Bionic which was longer than my Charge which was longer than my Dinc.

I think that for the size of the phone, the battery life is FANTASTIC! However, if you invest in the New Trent like we have, you'll be happy.

jakerfuture

Jan 22, 2012
battery life problem

My battery last at most 12 hours under moderate usage.. Is that normal? I really want to get an external battery charger that is below 30$
Where can I get it? Any suggestion

SallyC

Dec 1, 2011
My battery last at most 12 hours under moderate usage.. Is that normal? I really want to get an external battery charger that is below 30$
Where can I get it? Any suggestion

PowerGen makes a nice little 2900mAh charger that's $27 at Amazon. It even has a built in micro USB cable.

check at your Verizon stores for the Motorola external battery pack. The new one has a grey USB cord and sells for $40, but some stores still have the old ones with the blue cord on clearance for half the price (I ended up paying $16.50 total with my company 20% discount). They're the same exact thing as the new one but just with a blue cord. I've been happy with mine, even lent it to a few iphone guys at work to give them a charge.

Also, check stores like Office Depot, etc. in their accessories section. Yesturday I just happened to run across a "iGo" backup charger/portable battery pack (1800 mAh) for $12 on clearance regularly $40.

I tried posting links but I guess noobs on here can't post links.

greeky510

Oct 3, 2011
Norwalk, CT
I have two that I own. For a single charge (or a couple from ~40%-~90%), I use PowerGen 2900mAh UltraSlim Power Bank Charger. It's small enough that if you wanted to you could Velcro it to the back of your Razr and has a built in Micro USB which is handy.

For longer stints away from power (travel, camping, etc.) I have the New Trent iCruiser IMP1000 which gives me 6+ charges and is still fairly compact at 4 x 3.75 x 1.125 in.

SallyC, i have been looking at getting that PowerGen 2900mAh pack. I cant find the answer to this. Can you charge the battery pack through the Micro-usb connector?

SallyC

Dec 1, 2011
SallyC, i have been looking at getting that PowerGen 2900mAh pack. I cant find the answer to this. Can you charge the battery pack through the Micro-usb connector?

Yes, it can be charged via USB.

Fyi, besides the micro USB output charging port with built in cable, there's a micro USB input charging port and a USB female output charging port for charging any device via USB. It also has a LED flashlight.

Top Liked Posts