[APP][2.3+][NFC][BETA] InstaWifi -- NFC and QR Code WiFi App

Search This thread

meltedxice

Jun 6, 2010
EDIT:

Download link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.jessechen.instawifi

This was the old thread when I was beta testing my app. You can actually check out the new thread to download the app and leave feedback! No need to apply or request beta, the app is already out now. Thanks for checking it out!

======================================================================================================

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for people to beta test my app before I release it to the market. InstaWifi is an Android app that uses NFC and QR codes to connect to your wifi networks instantly. Watch the video below for a more in-depth overview of what it does. If it sounds interesting, please apply to be a beta tester so I can fix any bugs and receive feedback before launching.

Beta testers will receive a free NFC sticker for them to keep!

Link to the app on the Play Store

Please follow through to the YouTube video to find links to screenshots and the beta tester applications.

Video Overview

Beta testing has ended!

Last edited:

meltedxice

Jun 6, 2010
Just realized I can't post outside links because I'm still a newbie here haha.

Screenshots, beta tester application can all be found through the YouTube video. Sorry about that!

ATZ-007

Sep 7, 2009
London
Xiaomi Poco F3
Just watched your youtube video

That's a great idea and great application

It'll be great walking in to a coffee shop n connecting to their network easily and quickly

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

meltedxice

Jun 6, 2010
Haha it's actually a Droid X, EVEN OLDER. Glad to hear that my janky old Android phone is still useful.

meltedxice

Jun 6, 2010
Thanks Dathen for your interest! I'll let you guys know in a few days, the response has been overwhelming!

nsnsmj

Jul 3, 2008
The Trees
This may be a stupid question, but could someone with an iOS device have this work by scanning the QR code? I have an Android phone (Nexus S), but most of my friends have iPhones. If not, I'd still like to help test using just my own phone.

meltedxice

Jun 6, 2010
This may be a stupid question, but could someone with an iOS device have this work by scanning the QR code? I have an Android phone (Nexus S), but most of my friends have iPhones. If not, I'd still like to help test using just my own phone.

Hey jmoten88, thats a good question. I followed the QR code format here as specified by zxing. As far as I know this is only supported in the Barcode Scanner app by Zxing. Now, if there is an app on iPhone that follows this format to connect to WiFi, assuming that the WiFi API is similar on iOS, then yes, the QR codes generated by InstaWifi would work on iPhones. However, I think there is no app that does that as of now.

Reactions: nsnsmj

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT:

Download link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.jessechen.instawifi

This was the old thread when I was beta testing my app. You can actually check out the new thread to download the app and leave feedback! No need to apply or request beta, the app is already out now. Thanks for checking it out!

======================================================================================================

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for people to beta test my app before I release it to the market. InstaWifi is an Android app that uses NFC and QR codes to connect to your wifi networks instantly. Watch the video below for a more in-depth overview of what it does. If it sounds interesting, please apply to be a beta tester so I can fix any bugs and receive feedback before launching.

Beta testers will receive a free NFC sticker for them to keep!

Link to the app on the Play Store

Please follow through to the YouTube video to find links to screenshots and the beta tester applications.

Video Overview

Beta testing has ended!

Hey jmoten88, thats a good question. I followed the QR code format here as specified by zxing. As far as I know this is only supported in the Barcode Scanner app by Zxing. Now, if there is an app on iPhone that follows this format to connect to WiFi, assuming that the WiFi API is similar on iOS, then yes, the QR codes generated by InstaWifi would work on iPhones. However, I think there is no app that does that as of now.