Samsung P1000 Galaxy Tab Screen Take Apart Repair Guide

Search This thread

repairsuniverse

Aug 11, 2010
Does your outer touchscreen for Galaxy Tab has been damaged or cracked? This take apart repair guide shows you how to disassemble the Samsung P1000 Galaxy Tab cell phone quickly and safely. This guide can assist with the installation of replacement parts.

This guide will help you to install the following Samsung P1000 Galaxy Tab part:
  • Samsung P1000 Galaxy Tab Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement

Tools Required:
  • Safe Open Pry Tool
  • Tri Wings Screwdriver
  • Small Philips Screwdriver
  • Adhesive Stips (For Touch Screen Digitizer Replacements)

Samsung P1000 Galaxy Tab Take apart guide:
  • There are two screws at the bottom of the unit, and under two small plastic discs, use your small blade to remove this. With the discs remove you can use your tri wings screw drivers to remove the two screws as shown in Figure 1.

tab-1a.jpg

Figure 1​
  • Using your case opener tool begin to pry the back case of the unit be careful the buttons on the sides start from the bottom and work your way around.
  • With the back case remove, you can now remove the battery, the battery is held to the motherboard with the single screw and the connector, use your Philip screw driver to remove the screw and your case opener tool to pry the connector free, and gently pull the battery from the unit.
  • There are seven screws that you'll need to remove from the motherboard as shown in Figure 2. You can now remove the six ribbon connectors on the motherboard. These connectors for the back facing camera. After removing the connector gently pull up and the camera will come up as well.

tab-2a.jpg

Figure 2​
  • These connectors for the back facing camera. After removing the connector gently pull up and the camera will come out as well. With the screws and connectors remove, you can now lift the motherboard from the unit.
  • Carefully remove the ribbon cable for the LCD from the connector on the back of the screen assembly. Use your case opener tool to pull out the plastic tab.
  • You can now apply heat to the outside edges (front of device). We suggest using a heat gun or hair dryer. 30 seconds to a minute is all you will need to loosen the adhesive. Immediately use a safe open pry tool on the outside edges of the screen and the housing. Re-heat if necessary.
  • Remove the housing from the screen assembly. You can now use a safe open pry tool to release the touch screen from the LCD screen. Apply heat if needed.
  • Your Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 is now disassembled and the appropriate parts can be replaced.
  • To reassemble, follow this guide in reverse.
Simply reverse the order to put the phone back together.

fluffmonster

Apr 9, 2012
Thanks, useful. Been looking for something like this. Using guitar pick...

Sent from my GT-P6800 using Tapatalk

saz542

Jan 30, 2011
pune
What kind of adhesive is used to re-attach the digitizer

I just stuck a cheap 1 $ Screen guard on my tab... as it was bigger in size than my tab... i had to use a cutter to cut it and so i inserted the cutter in between the panel and the glass digitizer in all the four sides for cutting the extra part of screen guard.... and today after a week i saw the digitizer coming off the tab.... pls help me wat to do... the four corners of he digzer and the inside panel are still a bit sticky....
What kind of adhesive is used to re-attach the digitizer. Or maybe the soft gasket around the display melts and becomes the adhesive under heat?

Attachments

• IMG_20120422_140810.jpg
    IMG_20120422_140810.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 692
  • IMG_20120422_140826.jpg
    IMG_20120422_140826.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 628
  • IMG_20120422_140851.jpg
    IMG_20120422_140851.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 552
  • IMG_20120422_140929.jpg
    IMG_20120422_140929.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 632

alexgogan

Feb 10, 2011
Dublin
www.gogan.com
Hi

Repaired two of mine and on went perfectly but the other has mess with green but if I push down on the tab screen then it is perfect.

Been debating weather to take apart again and resit everything. Also noticed on LCD itself there is a like loose liquid pattern ( if you know what I mean) nor to sure if they are connected.

Regards

Here is the pic
2012-04-29%2014.30.09.jpg
if you can see the green pattern

now here is when I push the screen in slightly
2012-04-29%2014.30.21.jpg

Just wondering before I go and take apart again is there any point or is there anything you can advise?

Sent from my LT26i using XDA

Last edited:

repairsuniverse

Aug 11, 2010
I just stuck a cheap 1 $ Screen guard on my tab... as it was bigger in size than my tab... i had to use a cutter to cut it and so i inserted the cutter in between the panel and the glass digitizer in all the four sides for cutting the extra part of screen guard.... and today after a week i saw the digitizer coming off the tab.... pls help me wat to do... the four corners of he digzer and the inside panel are still a bit sticky....
What kind of adhesive is used to re-attach the digitizer. Or maybe the soft gasket around the display melts and becomes the adhesive under heat?

We recommend the adhesive strips here to create a secure bond. These are the correct thickness strips for the touch screen. Digitizer adhesive strips

saz542

Jan 30, 2011
pune
do u deliver in india????

We recommend the adhesive strips here to create a secure bond. These are the correct thickness strips for the touch screen. Digitizer adhesive strips

do u deliver in india????

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

Hi

Repaired two of mine and on went perfectly but the other has mess with green but if I push down on the tab screen then it is perfect.

Been debating weather to take apart again and resit everything. Also noticed on LCD itself there is a like loose liquid pattern ( if you know what I mean) nor to sure if they are connected.

Regards

Here is the pic
2012-04-29%2014.30.09.jpg
if you can see the green pattern

now here is when I push the screen in slightly
2012-04-29%2014.30.21.jpg

Just wondering before I go and take apart again is there any point or is there anything you can advise?

I Just want to know wat glue u used to stick the screen back....
how did u stick the Touch Digitizer...???

alexgogan

Feb 10, 2011
Dublin
www.gogan.com
It's one I sourced from China could not get what I wanted so am bringing in a few of them to sell on my site when it's launched later this month, have seen a few on eBay though but were not as good.

Regards

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does your outer touchscreen for Galaxy Tab has been damaged or cracked? This take apart repair guide shows you how to disassemble the Samsung P1000 Galaxy Tab cell phone quickly and safely. This guide can assist with the installation of replacement parts.

This guide will help you to install the following Samsung P1000 Galaxy Tab part:
    • Samsung P1000 Galaxy Tab Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement

Tools Required:
    • Safe Open Pry Tool
    • Tri Wings Screwdriver
    • Small Philips Screwdriver
    • Adhesive Stips (For Touch Screen Digitizer Replacements)

Samsung P1000 Galaxy Tab Take apart guide:
    • There are two screws at the bottom of the unit, and under two small plastic discs, use your small blade to remove this. With the discs remove you can use your tri wings screw drivers to remove the two screws as shown in Figure 1.

tab-1a.jpg

Figure 1​
    • Using your case opener tool begin to pry the back case of the unit be careful the buttons on the sides start from the bottom and work your way around.
    • With the back case remove, you can now remove the battery, the battery is held to the motherboard with the single screw and the connector, use your Philip screw driver to remove the screw and your case opener tool to pry the connector free, and gently pull the battery from the unit.
    • There are seven screws that you'll need to remove from the motherboard as shown in Figure 2. You can now remove the six ribbon connectors on the motherboard. These connectors for the back facing camera. After removing the connector gently pull up and the camera will come up as well.

tab-2a.jpg

Figure 2​
    • These connectors for the back facing camera. After removing the connector gently pull up and the camera will come out as well. With the screws and connectors remove, you can now lift the motherboard from the unit.
    • Carefully remove the ribbon cable for the LCD from the connector on the back of the screen assembly. Use your case opener tool to pull out the plastic tab.
    • You can now apply heat to the outside edges (front of device). We suggest using a heat gun or hair dryer. 30 seconds to a minute is all you will need to loosen the adhesive. Immediately use a safe open pry tool on the outside edges of the screen and the housing. Re-heat if necessary.
    • Remove the housing from the screen assembly. You can now use a safe open pry tool to release the touch screen from the LCD screen. Apply heat if needed.
    • Your Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 is now disassembled and the appropriate parts can be replaced.
    • To reassemble, follow this guide in reverse.
    Simply reverse the order to put the phone back together.