Ballistic Case for Nexus 5

Search This thread

firemedic1343

Jun 4, 2010
Anytown, FL
www.meanCanary.com
Looks like Ballistic is definitely making a Nexus 5 case: http://www.trickedoutonline.net/cs/...0&rec_range=20&phone_model=&phone_make=5&tn=6

Can't wait. I really need the drop protection.
That's great news! They aren't the same big & tough cases they used to make...like for my Evo 4G. But they are still one of my favorites.

Thanks for sharing!

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

I would love to see them make a Hydra for our phone!

TheTommyD

Sep 8, 2013
Ottawa
Looks like Ballistic is definitely making a Nexus 5 case: http://www.trickedoutonline.net/cs/...0&rec_range=20&phone_model=&phone_make=5&tn=6

I had one for my Nexus 4 so I emailed them a while back. Here's their response...

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Ballistic cases. We are expecting to release Ballistic cases for the LG Nexus 5. Please check back on our webstore for updates on the release of the cases as we do not have a release date yet. If we can assist you further please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you,

Cindy
Customer Service
www.goballisticcase.com
(954) 832-3502

hth_1

Nov 13, 2013
I really hope that the n5 one isn't as bad as the lg l7 or RAZR v.

Wayyyy too big for those 2 phone. Could not fit it nicely in my street jeans, only fit properly in my work jeans (yes I'm that guy with like 3 of the same work jeans), only because they are of the carpenter ones and I put the phone where the hammer is suppose to go

firemedic1343

Jun 4, 2010
Anytown, FL
www.meanCanary.com
I really hope that the n5 one isn't as bad as the lg l7 or RAZR v.

Wayyyy too big for those 2 phone. Could not fit it nicely in my street jeans, only fit properly in my work jeans (yes I'm that guy with like 3 of the same work jeans), only because they are of the carpenter ones and I put the phone where the hammer is suppose to go

There are a currently nice slim cases out there. You should probably stay away from the Ballistic line if you don't want bulk.

MoonDoom

Oct 14, 2012
Austin
Great find! The only thing that would concern me a bit is that the case wraps way farther around the front of the phone than most of the cases out right now. I don't know if these usually come with screen protectors, but I imagine it might be a problem for those using thicker (glass) screen protectors. Both the white and black variants both look awesome though!

TheTommyD

Sep 8, 2013
Ottawa
Great find! The only thing that would concern me a bit is that the case wraps way farther around the front of the phone than most of the cases out right now. I don't know if these usually come with screen protectors, but I imagine it might be a problem for those using thicker (glass) screen protectors. Both the white and black variants both look awesome though!

My nexus 4 Ballistic didn't ship with any screen protectors. I actually have my Ballistic Nexus 4 case stretched on my Nexus 5. The holes don't line up and it interferes with the volume, but gives me peace of mind until the Nexus 5 case I ordered arrives. From what I've read the glass protectors are not very thick so I image they would fit.

I will definitely buy their Nexus 5 case.

Reactions: Meowdib

MoonDoom

Oct 14, 2012
Austin
My nexus 4 Ballistic didn't ship with any screen protectors. I actually have my Ballistic Nexus 4 case stretched on my Nexus 5. The holes don't line up and it interferes with the volume, but gives me peace of mind until the Nexus 5 case I ordered arrives. From what I've read the glass protectors are not very thick so I image they would fit.

I will definitely buy their Nexus 5 case.

You're probably right. After looking closer at the pictures, it seems like the part on the bottom that wraps over the face is silicone so it should stretch easily enough over a screen protector.

Reactions: travblue

hth_1

Nov 13, 2013
I mean I did like the ballistic case on my l7. Made me feel safe that it was protected, on the flip side I eventually found it too bulky. But hey good on ballistic for bringing in more competition!

AndroidUser79

Nov 15, 2013
I've seen the outer shell of many Trident cases take damage from drops. Which is arguably good. But I've seen Ballistic take a beating with drops and never show real damage to the case.

I have no XP with UAG.

Oh, good to know, especially because Ballistic is working on the cases. I hope they have decent colors.

Also, I am quietly hoping that UAG and Trident do some cases for N5.

Such a shame that they dont respect the N5 community.

firemedic1343

Jun 4, 2010
Anytown, FL
www.meanCanary.com
Oh, good to know, especially because Ballistic is working on the cases. I hope they have decent colors.

Since you mention colors. Ballistic often puts out a vibrant red. Trident on the other hand has frequently released a washed out pink-red, even though it will look nice in their ad pics. I have had nice lime-green cases from Trident. Moral of story is just don't trust Trident's colors, especially the red.

TheTommyD

Sep 8, 2013
Ottawa

Here's some pages with colors. I set an e-mail alert for when they are in stock.

http://www.trickedoutonline.net/cs/...EXUS+5&category=360&rec_range=20&phone_make=5

And in Canada:

http://www.gocellular.ca/?search=Nexus+5+case#/bballistic/

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got my Ballistic SG Maxx and Jewel series (clear) cases today.

The SG Maxx does not have the issue that was reported by the forum member who bought hers/his on eBay. It was very slightly lifted above the camera, but some flexing of the hard shell with my hands solved that.
    The build quality is top notch, the button feel is great, and it really feels like I could throw it out a second storey window without damaging the phone.
    The port covers fit perfectly, and will prevent dust, lint (or snow) from getting into the ports.
    I have a Spigen Glas.tR nano slim tempered glass screen protector on my phone, and as I suspected, the case does not cause it to lift or bubble. The soft silicone conforms to it just fine.

Now, here are what some people would consider cons, but which I expect with a very rugged case with exposed silicone:

It is super bulky. It adds significant size and weight to the phone.
    The silicone is a lint magnet.
    It is difficult to remove from my pocket, both because of the size, and the stickiness of the silicone.

I do not yet know whether it will interfere with wireless charging, I will test it tomorrow in the car.

Over all, awesome protection, with good style for the bulk. This will not be my daily case, but it will give me quite a bit of piece of mind when I am snowboarding.

The Jewel series case looks slick. It feels nice in the hand, smooth but grippy. It slides in and out of my pocket effortlessly.
    Button responsiveness is great, and the buttons are the same shape as the naked phone, a bit more pronounced.
    The port cut-outs are perfect, spacious enough to accommodate any audio jack or USB cable, but tight against the phone, so no dust gets in behind the case.
    It is basically a clear tpu case, slightly thicker and more rigid than most tpu cases, with bubbled-out corners.

The cons of the jewel series case are that it slightly lifts the corners of my glass screen protector, causing small bubbles, and since it seems to be clear tpu, I assume it will yellow over time (but time will tell).

I assume it will not interfere with wireless charging, but I'll see tomorrow.

Over all, a good compromise between protection and
    A stylish way to show off the phone's original design.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ballistic SG MAXX cases are now available.

Ballistic SG MAXX cases are now available.

Use promo code: Terry30

End price: $34.99 - free shipping too!

Search go ballistic since I can't post links. :-/
    Looks weird that you can't see this case in ballistic site.
    Till now,no reply from ballistic customer support.
    So sad for this product and support.Another one in Blacklist.
    Never again from Ballistic.