Lenovo Idea Tab S2110A

Search This thread

micha2004

Jan 11, 2014
Hi

Does anybody have the original stock firmware from this tablet for me?

In Germany it is sold as a Vodafone Smart Tab 10 2

I hate the vodafone branding on this tablet

I don´t need root or such things only the stock firmware with german language

thank you

Reactions: naptest

dev>null

Mar 7, 2013
is there german language in this firmware?
can i backup the stock vodafone software?

YES german is in there!
For creating a full backup (not only system but also all partitions) I guess the only way is to use Qualcomm software QPST,
here's a manual:
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1558792-TUTORIAL-How-to-set-up-your-phone-for-QPST-using-Windows-XP

The only thing you really need anyway will be your original "modem.bin" to restore after installing the unbranded Lenovo Rom.
BTW I could not make a backup of mine, since the tablet was stuck in bootloop and QPST could not detect it. So now I'm without 3g because it can't detect the sim card.
If you would be so kind to send me your modem.bin I'll update my guide and give you credits for the help ;)

:good:

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

In case you need, here are the commands for a modem backup ;)

In terminal emulator, do the following:
Code:
su  

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 of=/mnt/sdcard/backups/modem.bin bs=4096

It will create the "modem.bin" file on your external sdcard, in the path specified !

Last edited:

micha2004

Jan 11, 2014
toraals was

ok your instructions to flash the new firmware is very easy

but i don´t understand to back up the old firmware and put the modem.bin from backup to the new firmware

have you got still more precise instructions?

translated by google translator

dev>null

Mar 7, 2013
You need to backup your modem first, because if you don't you may break your 3g connection and have "SIM card not found".
But please don't flash anything before I have a "modem.bin", then I'll test it !

The procedure to restore the modem you backed up is a little more complex, and I'll prepare a script for that...when I'll be sure it's working 100%!

I must do it, only because I was stuck in a bootloop and lost 3g.

Take care ;)

Edit:
the other option is to backup your full NV partition as explained in the QPST thread, then restore it after flashing the new rom...that's the safest way actually !!!

Last edited:

RASTAS12

Nov 15, 2012
HARARE
S2110A

Has there been any development on a ROM with call functionality for this model? I have a Vodafone locked unit and would like to unlock it for use on other networks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

Does anybody have the original stock firmware from this tablet for me?

In Germany it is sold as a Vodafone Smart Tab 10 2

I hate the vodafone branding on this tablet

I don´t need root or such things only the stock firmware with german language

thank you