[ROM][12Sep][GNU/Linux] Sailfish OS 2.0.5.6 - Dirty Cow fix, add JBD,XFS,iso9660,UDF

Search This thread

carepack

Sep 21, 2010
SailfishOS_logo_large.png

Nexus4-small.jpg

Disclaimer
Code:
WARNING: "Modifying or replacing your device’s software may void your device’s warranty, lead to data loss,
hair loss, financial loss, privacy loss, security breaches, or other damage,
and therefore must be done entirely at your own risk. No one affiliated
with this project is responsible for your actions but yourself. Good luck."

Hello and good news everybody!
Sailfish OS on Nexus 4, this is a community port!
Android-in-a-Window (sfdroid) support is now possible!

We are also working to rebase onto CM 12.1 for more goodies; you can help us by testing Backup to cloud (and restore) introduced in 2.0.2.51, as this will be needed during the CM reflash.

Status, download, installation...
Sailfish OS is a GNU/Linux based mobile operating system, which is gesture-driven for the ease of use. It runs natively as glibc (not Android's bionic), has bash and busybox (not toolbox), uses Qt for UX, and other opensource projects in its middleware -- which basically is just like a Linux on your desktop, and runs native Qt apps and cmdline apps, but doesn't run Android apps (check for Android-in-a-Window above if you need them).
And everything else you need to know:
https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris/Install_SailfishOS_for_mako
as well as http://bit.ly/port-user-faq
XDA:DevDB Information
Sailfish OS, ROM for the Nexus 4

Contributors
ballock, carepack, sledges, MultiROM author Tassadar, ZANAC the master of bluetooth, tbr, Jolla sailors especially MSameer for camera! experiments, early porters Stskeeps, lbt, thp, alterego, faenil, jusa_, LEDs spiiroin, sensors lpotter, USB phdeswer, vrutkovs, the HADK team, the Mer Project, the Nemo Project and all the fine people over at #sailfishos-porters

Source Code: https://github.com/mer-hybris

Sailfish OS Version: 2.0

ROM Base OS Version: 4.4 KitKat

Version Information
Status: Gamma (better than Beta, but still not release quality ;) )

Created 2014-12-11
Last Updated 2017-01-02

Last edited:

carepack

Sep 21, 2010
thanks for the built!
everything is working so far (well.. didn't test a lot till now).
But with Android 5 (CM12 built) and the 0.48 modem image in MultiRom wifi and mobile network is working fine!

Thank you for sharing this good news. Sailfish alongside lollipop is then no problem? That's great and really helpful for others!

woernsn

Thank you for sharing this good news. Sailfish alongside lollipop is then no problem? That's great and really helpful for others!

Just encountered a problem with Clash Of Clans. The screen freezes every few seconds for milliseconds. I think it's some graphic-related problem with the old modem. (Btw there is a typo in my post.. I use the .84 one ;))
Maybe a hybrid modem would help but I'm to lazy to setup SailfishOS again :p

guimendes

Nov 2, 2011
Campinas
thanks for the built!
everything is working so far (well.. didn't test a lot till now).
But with Android 5 (CM12 built) and the 0.48 modem image in MultiRom wifi and mobile network is working fine!

Just encountered a problem with Clash Of Clans. The screen freezes every few seconds for milliseconds. I think it's some graphic-related problem with the old modem. (Btw there is a typo in my post.. I use the .84 one ;))
Maybe a hybrid modem would help but I'm to lazy to setup SailfishOS again :p

I used 0.48 modem and it didn't worked. I'll switch to 0.84 then. I'm on stock 5.0.1 with custom kernel.

woernsn

I used 0.48 modem and it didn't worked. I'll switch to 0.84 then. I'm on stock 5.0.1 with custom kernel.

yeah, sorry for the typo :/
I'm on self-built CM12 with the CM11-kernel from MultiROM (for the Kexec-hardboot problem).
I flashed the 0.84 modem and then installed sailfishOS with current MultiROM (CM 10.1.3 and this GREAT community sailfish-build)

guimendes

Nov 2, 2011
Campinas
yeah, sorry for the typo :/
I'm on self-built CM12 with the CM11-kernel from MultiROM (for the Kexec-hardboot problem).
I flashed the 0.84 modem and then installed sailfishOS with current MultiROM (CM 10.1.3 and this GREAT community sailfish-build)

Did you flash the modem all over the system or through MultiROM feature?

carepack

Sep 21, 2010
@carepack any suggestion for modem to set through MultiROM for WiFi, Bluetooth and sound to work? 3G data is working with stock 5.0.1 radio.

as far as I've seen, it doesn't work via MultiROM.
Bluetooth doesn't work yet anyhow.

totally right! You can track the status of working hardware on:
https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris

gps, bluetooth, nfc not working. i recommend 0.84 modem. But you can play with it and look where you get best results. also this thread may help you:
http://xdaforums.com/jolla-sailfish/general/09-06-sailfishos-multirom-how-to-set-t2869096

ahoi

carepack

Sep 21, 2010
Do android apps work with this version?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

first post
Known issues:
OTA Updates do not work
The camera does not fully work
Android app support is not available (unlike in Jolla phone): please ask about the status for open-source Dalvik runtime framework on #sailfishos-porters on irc.freenode.net and also check this XDA Thread
All remaining: In Bugzilla

Reactions: suarez1907

Daycrawler

Mar 27, 2012
Gdańsk
Nice to see some progress in Sailfish for N4. Could someone report on MTP or UMS? I really missed being able to copy files onto the phone.

carepack

Sep 21, 2010
Nice to see some progress in Sailfish for N4. Could someone report on MTP or UMS? I really missed being able to copy files onto the phone.

copyin' files is no problem. ssh/sftp/scp/gnome. if you're a linux user it should be easy for you. But if you want to prefer mtp you'll have to wait. Not working atm
UMS? = UMTS

Reactions: Daycrawler

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SailfishOS_logo_large.png

Nexus4-small.jpg

Disclaimer
    Code:
    WARNING: "Modifying or replacing your device’s software may void your device’s warranty, lead to data loss,
    hair loss, financial loss, privacy loss, security breaches, or other damage,
    and therefore must be done entirely at your own risk. No one affiliated
    with this project is responsible for your actions but yourself. Good luck."

Hello and good news everybody!
    Sailfish OS on Nexus 4, this is a community port!
    Android-in-a-Window (sfdroid) support is now possible!

We are also working to rebase onto CM 12.1 for more goodies; you can help us by testing Backup to cloud (and restore) introduced in 2.0.2.51, as this will be needed during the CM reflash.

Status, download, installation...
    Sailfish OS is a GNU/Linux based mobile operating system, which is gesture-driven for the ease of use. It runs natively as glibc (not Android's bionic), has bash and busybox (not toolbox), uses Qt for UX, and other opensource projects in its middleware -- which basically is just like a Linux on your desktop, and runs native Qt apps and cmdline apps, but doesn't run Android apps (check for Android-in-a-Window above if you need them).
    And everything else you need to know:
    https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris/Install_SailfishOS_for_mako
    as well as http://bit.ly/port-user-faq
    XDA:DevDB Information
    Sailfish OS, ROM for the Nexus 4

Contributors
    ballock, carepack, sledges, MultiROM author Tassadar, ZANAC the master of bluetooth, tbr, Jolla sailors especially MSameer for camera! experiments, early porters Stskeeps, lbt, thp, alterego, faenil, jusa_, LEDs spiiroin, sensors lpotter, USB phdeswer, vrutkovs, the HADK team, the Mer Project, the Nemo Project and all the fine people over at #sailfishos-porters

Source Code: https://github.com/mer-hybris

Sailfish OS Version: 2.0

ROM Base OS Version: 4.4 KitKat

Version Information
    Status: Gamma (better than Beta, but still not release quality ;) )

Created 2014-12-11
    Last Updated 2017-01-02
    @carepack
    Sorry to nag you, but any news on SFOS2?

!!!Download links removed!!! Because of unstable build. Please don't install!!!

hi @ddaggebi
    no sorry please :)

We've made a decision. You all showed a heavy patience in waiting for the next release. So here it is. This release is an ALPHA BUILD.

Official sailfishos 2.0.0.10 release notes:
    https://together.jolla.com/question/116056/release-notes-200saimaa-released/

changelog for mako port:
    - updated middleware packages
    - added preliminary gps support (no agps atm) thx to the contributor mal-

What's not working!!!
    - ui rotation. The sfos api has changed a lot since 1.1.9.30. So some ported devices have problems with the appropriate sensors and the ui won't rotate for example in the messaging app. Affected devices n4 and n5 (heavy cpu load on n5)
    - camera. We have no working camera in this build. The reason goes in the same direction like the ui bug

Sorry that we can't provide a build of more quality atm. We're working on it :). But it was a personal matter to provide something. So we hope you all will enjoy the build anyway. We will see what comes in again with the next update.

PIC:
    CTZQffQWUAULDEi.jpg:small
    That's the turning point, no android M for N4 means a lot of people will look to Sailfosh OS.
    We need 2.0 asap, if there's anything I can do let me know :)
    I totally agree with you. Had some problems over the last weeks. So status update:

1. Creating image with sfos 2.0. Some things need to be fixed. But we're working on it.
    2. Updating all middleware packages
    3. include proprietary gps support (no agps atm. but anyway)

ahoy an hear you soon...

Sent from my Jolla using Tapatalk
    I hope everyone enjoys the image at least as much as I enjoyed making it :) As you see in the OP, I am just one of the people who made it happen, and wouldn't have succeeded without all the great people from #sailfishos-porters. It's them who made it a thrilling adventure.

As per sgroimax's question about the "gamma" part of the version, ReneX10 is right - it's the next after beta releases, and as "gamma" is the next Greek alphabet letter, it was obvious :) I know "gamma" releases aren't very popular, but some may remember the good-old DOS packaging program "arj" that had gamma releases.

Personally I'm running this on radio-mako-m9615a-cefwmazm-2.0.1700.98.img and as a single-rom. I can't verify sfdroid due to some "other issues", which I am pretty sure no sane person would have. Nevertheless I'm glad that it is working for you :)

I do accept donations :) That would make it easier for me to explain the time spent on this to my other better half. You can also buy me a real beer if you happen to be passing by.

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

Found a bug. WiFi work great but if u lost connection because out of range or u disable it and enable it again it wont work. U must reboot to have wifi working again. Anyone has got this issue? Is there a terminal code line to fix this issue?

I'm not sure if that's the same one, but I found that when moving from 3g to wifi, and when both are active, all the default routes get removed. Turning 3g off and re-enabling wifi solves it. You can check if that's the case by checking the "ifconfig" and "route" outputs while you experience that.

I'm yet to investigate what might be the cause.
    I released a new gamma5 image, and an OTA from gamma4 to gamma5. Please follow https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris/Install_SailfishOS_for_mako OTA section by heart. If you're installing gamma5 as a clean image, same instructions as previously apply.

Changelog:
    - Sound recording works - that is, in camera app when capturing video, in the Sound Recorder app, and in other places
    - Dual mic is used for voicecalls - that improves the quality of your voice heard by the other party.
    - Proximity sensor is used by mce - most visible is that the screen goes off during voicecalls and you can't press stuff with your cheek

I did not investigate the battery issue, be sure to check the troubleshooting steps outlined by rinigus.