Droid 2 Global unlock code

Search This thread

bobo122

Jun 10, 2011
Not really .. u can try eBay and record the process (make sure u show the imei and the unlock code CLEARLY) , and they will refund u if u weren't from the lucky ones who can get it unlocked without Verizon .. (i tried it)

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

Reactions: nightfurious

Jim1348

Nov 18, 2008
Droid 2 Global Unlock Code

I am still wading through all of the previous posts here, but I will post this in hopes of some direction on buying a used phone. I want to buy a used:

-Motorola

-Android

-That Works On BOTH CDMA AND GSM

Should I look for a used Motorola Droid 2 Global or would a different Motorola Android be more suitable for me?

Until find this thread, I was reading other posts on other forums and I was finding VERY conflicting information. Basically, some said that having both AT&T and Verizon in the US is possible if the GSM is unlocked on a Verizon world phone. Yet others stated that it absolutely is NOT possible to do in the US. Thus, I am very reluctant to move forward on buying a used Motorola Android until I know if it is definitely possible and which phone(s) are most suitable for this.

jabberwockish

May 19, 2011
Until find this thread, I was reading other posts on other forums and I was finding VERY conflicting information. Basically, some said that having both AT&T and Verizon in the US is possible if the GSM is unlocked on a Verizon world phone. Yet others stated that it absolutely is NOT possible to do in the US. Thus, I am very reluctant to move forward on buying a used Motorola Android until I know if it is definitely possible and which phone(s) are most suitable for this.
It is possible with the Droid 2 Global. The phone must be SIM unlocked (so it will accept non-Verizon/Vodafone SIMs) and band-unlocked. The band-unlocking is relatively easy to accomplish; the SIM unlock is the major hurdle, unless you are a VZW customer and bought the phone from them.

Other phones are generally easier to SIM unlock (third-party unlock codes are more likely to work correctly) but I don't know about the availability of band unlocking tools for devices other than the D2G.

Jim1348

Nov 18, 2008
Droid 2 Global Unlock Code

Thank you very much sd_shadow & jabberwockish! It sounds like after reading both for your replies that I ought to lean towards getting a Droid 3 (XT862) then!

nightfurious

Nov 26, 2012
Thanks for the help guys but this sucks that we can't use a global version of the phone around the world

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using xda premium

cabrerachaparro

Nov 23, 2010
Lima
Hello,

I'm trying to contact with user that can unlock my Droid 2 Global. Please, if anybody for this forum can do it contact me.

Thanks

en11gma

Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S20 / S20+ / S20 Ultra
just skimming through this thread as im about to buy a D2G off ebay with clean esn but if i cant sim unlock i dont want to do it.

can these be sim unlocked if they have a clean esn but you are not original owner and have no verizon service?

aabhash

Apr 26, 2011
Kathmandu
unlocked

hi all,
sorry for replying late but I unlocked this D2G with sigmakey, fortunately one of my friend had it here and helped me out
if anyone is from Kathmandu and needs unlock, let me know
I had also ordered turbo sim from hongkong as backup, which arrived so late, when i tested on other locked device, it worked too
So, besides other known unlocking methods, using sigma key or Turbosim unlocks this phone.

boajuse

Dec 22, 2013
I've purchased Motorola D2G from ebay. It shows weird IMEI 000000011234564. What does it mean and can it be unlocked for GSM-networks outside USA?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Probably, it only works for those phone that haven't been blocked by VZ.

This method works for all D2G phones. I successfully unlock D2G phone that can't be unlocked by code from Verizon support.
    I actually got in touch with 2 different 3rd party code vendors and they both gave me the same 2 codes. I had also managed to get Verizon to give me the codes themselves without having the phone activated with them (it involves a little social hacking and a lot of luck). The thing is that Verizon gave me 3 unlock codes, 2 of which were the same that the vendors had given me.

Long story short, I couldn't unlock the phone even with the codes I got from Verizon (one of them was different from what the vendors had given me). I am not currently in the USA and apparently the phone needs to connect with the Verizon network to complete the unlock. I don't know if you really need to have the phone activated with Verizon at the time that you enter the unlock code or if you just need the phone to be able to reach the Verizon network.

I will be going to the USA next month and will be trying this out but it'll be around mid April before I'm able to post my results.
    Yeah, im guessing the code MAY or may NOT work IF you're in the US ( as it can reach verizons network). Otherwise it just seems like theres no way it would work. Mine would come up with a "network unlock unsuccessful" as soon as i entered the code, like seriously, right away.

Also, lol @ "social hacking"
    xD
    I actually got in touch with 2 different 3rd party code vendors and they both gave me the same 2 codes. I had also managed to get Verizon to give me the codes themselves without having the phone activated with them (it involves a little social hacking and a lot of luck). The thing is that Verizon gave me 3 unlock codes, 2 of which were the same that the vendors had given me.

Long story short, I couldn't unlock the phone even with the codes I got from Verizon (one of them was different from what the vendors had given me). I am not currently in the USA and apparently the phone needs to connect with the Verizon network to complete the unlock. I don't know if you really need to have the phone activated with Verizon at the time that you enter the unlock code or if you just need the phone to be able to reach the Verizon network.

I will be going to the USA next month and will be trying this out but it'll be around mid April before I'm able to post my results.

When I unlock mine, I was outside US, outside of VZW network reach. But I guess mine was one of the not specially locked ones. They say the first batch wasn't tampered with (I got mine in the week of release, as soon as it was available at retail VZW stores)
    Not really .. u can try eBay and record the process (make sure u show the imei and the unlock code CLEARLY) , and they will refund u if u weren't from the lucky ones who can get it unlocked without Verizon .. (i tried it)

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium