Custom Rom central: Collections, guides, news, discussion, etc.

Search This thread

Mrxyzl

May 1, 2015
Sony Xperia 1 IV
Hello everyone, seeing as our beloved V30 has caught the interest of many awesome Rom builder, i want to open this thread as a place to guide the newcomer for the process of switching from stock rom to AOSP.
This thread will include three parts, first is the basic knowledge on model of V30, second is the list of current AOSP rom and kernel and finally is the list of the mod available for AOSP

Ok, let us start

2uy8p0.jpg
As you may know, V30 has many model including:
  • V300K/S/L: Korean variant of V30, fastest update from LG, bootloader unlockable
  • US998, VS996,AS998, H931, H932SV (T-mobile), LS998: US variant, can be bootloader unlocked
  • H930: EU/International variation, bootloader unlockable
  • H930DS: dual sim version of V30, bootloader unlockable
  • H933: Canada variant, can be bootloader unlocked
  • H932PR for Puerto Rico: can be bootloader unlocked and rooted via WTF method.
  • V30S,S+: variant of any listed above model, all step is the same
How to check your phone model? --> Go to setting/about phone. Or
Without root (not all V30, even same models, have this though, idk why, i know people with an LS998, one has is, the other hasnt)
in a terminal app or adb shell:
getprop ro.boot.suffix

with root:
cat /proc/cmdline
and check the model.name= ... parameter in that long list

Also, of notes, H930, US998, LS998, VS996, AS998, V300S is known to work flawlessly on AOSP, other model may have AOSP works but with some signal issue (H933 fix here)
2uy8wq.jpg

The first step of installing a custom rom is to unlock bootloader and install twrp.
  • For US variant, Canadian variant except H932 (T-mobile) , the guide to unlock bootloader and install TWRP can be found at WTF method thread
  • For Korean variant, unlock method can be found here

Also, check out the awesome TWRP provided by @seadersn here
After getting TWRP to install you are now ready to installed any AOSP rom

2uyava.jpg

Note:
  • All AOSP Pie rom have a working DAC and EAS kernel thanks to the great effort of @SGCMarkus
    [*]All AOSP rom are unofficial
    [*]All AOSP are name as H930 but will work on all unlockable variant, except H932SV (T-mobile) (AOSP rom for H932SV (T-mobile) will have the H932 in name)
    [*]All AOSP have the same bug: Always on display working at random, no VOLTE, low volume on speaker, video call on some app not working
    [*]You will need to be on any stock firmware without DTS (US998e or earlier) to have sound on all AOSP rom
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Rom maintained by @Mohzuned (note, Mohzuned is no longer active on our device and had removed all the rom)
    HTML:
    Pixel Experience
    Bootleggers Rom
    Revenge OS
    Superior OS
    Havoc OS 2.2
    DotOS 3.0
    Scissor-OS-pie-ify
    AOSP Extended
  • Rom maintained by @darkidz555 (note, due to loss of interest and annoying issue with his thread, he removed all the rom)
    HTML:
     Pixel experience
    AOKP
    Arrow OS
    Carbon Rom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2uyg08.jpg

• Lunar kernel can be found here, (note: the newest kernel for AOSP pie is in testing phase can be found in Telegram group; the Elisa/hmp kernel should no longer work on AOSP Pie with February patch)
  • Jolla kernel can be found here no longer work on AOSP Pie with February patch

2uyh0u.jpg

That's all, i will update the thread if any new Rom/kernel/mod, available.
Special thanks to everyone on telegram group for encouraging me to make this thread

Last edited:

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
There's also an H932PR for Puerto Rico, which is totally different from the U.S. T-mobile H932(SV). It can be cross flashed to US998, bootloader unlocked and rooted via WTF method. It has the same RSA encryption as the North American variants. However you must be SURE that's what you have or you will brick your phone trying to use the WTF method if you happen to NOT have H932PR but instead have the U.S. T-mobile H932.

U.S. T-mobile H932 official name is H932SV -- but yes, we tend to call it just H932. The only time it matters is for people who might run across this H932PR. Before anyone asks, NO the H932PR does NOT have the U.S. T-mobile LTE band 71. ;)

Ok. I know I am in the minority here, but just in case anyone else has an H932PR or if this can help in any other way, I decided to just pull the trigger and flashed US998 Oreo via LGUP with DL Partition.
After getting boot loops I followed @ChazzMatt instructions to perform a full reset and am happy to report that everything is ok. No IMEI issues, no radio or signal problems so far.
So, crossflash from H932PR to US998 works.
Cheers!

Last edited:

Mohzuned

Nov 30, 2018
Baraut
Duplicate thread

There's also an H932PR for Puerto Rico, which is totally different from the U.S. T-mobile H932(SV). It can be cross flashed to US998, bootloader unlocked and rooted via WTF method. It has the same RSA encryption as the North American variants. However you must be SURE that's what you have or you will brick your phone trying to use the WTF method if you happen to NOT have H932PR but instead have the U.S. T-mobile H932.

U.S. T-mobile H932 official name is H932SV -- but yes, we tend to call it just H932. The only time it matters is for people who might run across this H932PR. Before anyone asks, NO the H932PR does NOT have the U.S. T-mobile LTE band 71. ;)

Isn't it a joke many same ROM threads lol. Aosp aosp aosp. What that. Lol. Isn't it not allowed on XDA. Duplicate thread must be closed.

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

I am not going to waste my time anymore for this lg v30. So better remove my all ROMs and build itself buildbot. I will not update any ROM for lg v30. Anymore. Have fun. Again buildbot.

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Isn't it a joke many same ROM threads lol. Aosp aosp aosp. What that. Lol. Isn't it not allowed on XDA. Duplicate thread must be closed.

1) what are you so angry about?

2) You look silly quoting ME in your rant. Nothing you said in your post made any sense, especially when REPLYING TO ME -- as it had nothing to do with my post pointing out the differences between the H932SV and H932PR V30 variants. So, please keep me out of your argument with @Mrxyzl.

It makes me think you don't know how to even post in a forum? :p

Plus, you an Android ROM developer asking what is "AOSP"? (Maybe "LOL" means you're joking, but I don't understand anything in your post to begin with.)

Maybe you also need to learn how to update your ROM ops when you post ROM updates? ;) Or list where to find the custom kernels for your ROM, which you say is necessary? Or tell clearly whether your ROMs already had GAPPs or not? (Same post -- you say it already has GAPPs, but it doesn't. ) A lot of people LOVED your ROMs, but you either post misinformation in your op or don't update the information. Lots of people could not find necessary information in your ROM ops, when a few sentences in your op post -- or updating your op post -- would help them tremendously.

PLEASE consider that moving forward?

If you're angry at ME for pointing that out months ago... you can always reply to me there in that thread -- after you update your op. ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone, seeing as our beloved V30 has caught the interest of many awesome Rom builder, i want to open this thread as a place to guide the newcomer for the process of switching from stock rom to AOSP.
    This thread will include three parts, first is the basic knowledge on model of V30, second is the list of current AOSP rom and kernel and finally is the list of the mod available for AOSP

Ok, let us start

2uy8p0.jpg
    As you may know, V30 has many model including:
    • V300K/S/L: Korean variant of V30, fastest update from LG, bootloader unlockable
    • US998, VS996,AS998, H931, H932SV (T-mobile), LS998: US variant, can be bootloader unlocked
    • H930: EU/International variation, bootloader unlockable
    • H930DS: dual sim version of V30, bootloader unlockable
    • H933: Canada variant, can be bootloader unlocked
    • H932PR for Puerto Rico: can be bootloader unlocked and rooted via WTF method.
    • V30S,S+: variant of any listed above model, all step is the same
    How to check your phone model? --> Go to setting/about phone. Or
    Without root (not all V30, even same models, have this though, idk why, i know people with an LS998, one has is, the other hasnt)
    in a terminal app or adb shell:
    getprop ro.boot.suffix

with root:
    cat /proc/cmdline
    and check the model.name= ... parameter in that long list

Also, of notes, H930, US998, LS998, VS996, AS998, V300S is known to work flawlessly on AOSP, other model may have AOSP works but with some signal issue (H933 fix here)
    2uy8wq.jpg

The first step of installing a custom rom is to unlock bootloader and install twrp.
    • For US variant, Canadian variant except H932 (T-mobile) , the guide to unlock bootloader and install TWRP can be found at WTF method thread
    • For Korean variant, unlock method can be found here

Also, check out the awesome TWRP provided by @seadersn here
    After getting TWRP to install you are now ready to installed any AOSP rom

2uyava.jpg

Note:
    • All AOSP Pie rom have a working DAC and EAS kernel thanks to the great effort of @SGCMarkus
      [*]All AOSP rom are unofficial
      [*]All AOSP are name as H930 but will work on all unlockable variant, except H932SV (T-mobile) (AOSP rom for H932SV (T-mobile) will have the H932 in name)
      [*]All AOSP have the same bug: Always on display working at random, no VOLTE, low volume on speaker, video call on some app not working
      [*]You will need to be on any stock firmware without DTS (US998e or earlier) to have sound on all AOSP rom
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • Rom maintained by @Mohzuned (note, Mohzuned is no longer active on our device and had removed all the rom)
      HTML:
      Pixel Experience
      Bootleggers Rom
      Revenge OS
      Superior OS
      Havoc OS 2.2
      DotOS 3.0
      Scissor-OS-pie-ify
      AOSP Extended
    • Rom maintained by @darkidz555 (note, due to loss of interest and annoying issue with his thread, he removed all the rom)
      HTML:
       Pixel experience
      AOKP
      Arrow OS
      Carbon Rom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2uyg08.jpg

• Lunar kernel can be found here, (note: the newest kernel for AOSP pie is in testing phase can be found in Telegram group; the Elisa/hmp kernel should no longer work on AOSP Pie with February patch)
    • Jolla kernel can be found here no longer work on AOSP Pie with February patch

2uyh0u.jpg

That's all, i will update the thread if any new Rom/kernel/mod, available.
    Special thanks to everyone on telegram group for encouraging me to make this thread

1) what are you so angry about?

2) You look silly quoting ME in your rant. Nothing you said in your post made any sense, especially when REPLYING TO ME -- as it had nothing to do with my post pointing out the differences between the H932SV and H932PR V30 variants. So, please keep me out of your argument with @Mrxyzl.

It makes me think you don't know how to even post in a forum? :p

Plus, you an Android ROM developer asking what is "AOSP"? (Maybe "LOL" means you're joking, but I don't understand anything in your post to begin with.)

Maybe you also need to learn how to update your ROM ops when you post ROM updates? ;) Or list where to find the custom kernels for your ROM, which you say is necessary? Or tell clearly whether your ROMs already had GAPPs or not? (Same post -- you say it already has GAPPs, but it doesn't. ) A lot of people LOVED your ROMs, but you either post misinformation in your op or don't update the information. Lots of people could not find necessary information in your ROM ops, when a few sentences in your op post -- or updating your op post -- would help them tremendously.

PLEASE consider that moving forward?

If you're angry at ME for pointing that out months ago... you can always reply to me there in that thread -- after you update your op. ;)

Ok. I know I am in the minority here, but just in case anyone else has an H932PR or if this can help in any other way, I decided to just pull the trigger and flashed US998 Oreo via LGUP with DL Partition.
    After getting boot loops I followed @ChazzMatt instructions to perform a full reset and am happy to report that everything is ok. No IMEI issues, no radio or signal problems so far.
    So, crossflash from H932PR to US998 works.
    Cheers!
    There's also an H932PR for Puerto Rico, which is totally different from the U.S. T-mobile H932. It can be bootloader unlocked and rooted via WTF method.

noted and updated