[MOD][XPOSED]Unclutter IG - Hide Instagram ads & sponsored content [v1.2][2019-08-11]

Search This thread

Tremendo Slap

Feb 20, 2011
[MOD][XPOSED]Unclutter IG - Hide Instagram ads & sponsored content [v1.2][2019-08-11]

Remove the clutter from your IG experience -- this Xposed module hides advertisements and promoted content from your Instagram feed and stories.

Also has bonus option to clean up the Explore (search) page; choose to stop showing all those suggested posts from public accounts.

As of 08/11/2019, confirmed to support latest release 105.0.0.18.119.

This module automates the process of intercepting and hiding the unwanted content, and shouldn't rely on specific IG versions to function properly.
However, if newer IG versions begin to break functionality, module updates should hopefully follow soon to keep up with the changes.

Note: Beyond the standard ads, 'paid partnership' branded content refers to any posts that are officially labeled as 'Paid partnership with [company]'.

Changelog
v1.2 - 8/11/2019:
• Added international support for hiding ads

v1.1 - 8/03/2019:
• Revised approach for finding the Explore page hooks; should support latest IG versions

v1.0 - 07/12/2019:
• Initial release

Xposed repository: https://repo.xposed.info/module/com.tremendo.unclutterig
Source code at GitHub: https://github.com/TremendoX/UnclutterIG

Attachments

• UnclutterIG_v1.0.apk
    45 KB · Views: 206
  • UnclutterIG_v1.1.apk
    45.5 KB · Views: 83
  • UnclutterIG_v1.2.apk
    47.5 KB · Views: 670
Last edited:

P650SE

Aug 14, 2013
Thank you for creating this module! Seems to be working fine for me on IG 100.0.0.15.120. This is the first one I've tried that works flawlessly! Instagram usually drives me mad with all the adverts and suggested rubbish. :victory:

Reactions: Tremendo Slap

The_tomorrow_person

Mar 8, 2016
Woah!! Thanks for this awesome module!! (If XInsta merged with this, it would be the best Instagram mod out there!)

Last edited:

shadowstep

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Jun 6, 2014
Ambala Cantt
OnePlus 9R
Samsung Galaxy Watch 6

Tremendo Slap

Feb 20, 2011
New version 1.1 released, should support IG v104.0.0.21.118.

I noticed when I updated to that version, the module wasn't hiding the Explore page anymore. Some things changed internally, so I took a new approach to detecting whether I'm in the right areas of the Explore page. It's somewhat more hackish, but it should hopefully be more reliable moving forward.

Tremendo Slap

Feb 20, 2011
Finally! A 100% reliable method to block ads on Instagram. The integration is seamless too, no side effects at all. Thanks for this awesome module!

Thank you @DragonClawsAreSharp, @shadowstep, @P650SE and the other folks :good:, and I'll do my best to keep this module up to date.

Please let me know if you guys have ideas for improving on the mod (keeping with the theme of 'uncluttering' the app... I'm not too keen on expanding the scope to other modifications just yet).

@Tremendo Slap @xkip you guys should work together since you are making the same xposed module.

Interesting, looks like he takes a different approach to reach similar outcomes. Haven't installed it yet but might be worth comparing.

works fine on GBinsta as well.... Can you do anything about the sponsored posts in stories in the upcoming versions?

Sorry, I'm not familiar with GBInsta, but I'll check it out. Can you explain a bit more what you mean? Are the stories showing ads or paid posts in your version?

shadowstep

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Jun 6, 2014
Ambala Cantt
OnePlus 9R
Samsung Galaxy Watch 6
Yeah the stories are showing sponsored posts

They don't show up for me. I'm using the latest stable version of Instagram. Do note that this module is intended to work on the official version of Instagram, not a modded version (ike GBInsta, etc.) with which it may or may not work since the app is already modified.

tlf55

Mar 21, 2011
I can't make it work :( is it because I'm using French language and so it can't recognize the sponsored post ??

The one from xkip works but stories are cut in half (the profile icon)

Reactions: Tremendo Slap

Tremendo Slap

Feb 20, 2011
I can't make it work :( is it because I'm using French language and so it can't recognize the sponsored post ??

The one from xkip works but stories are cut in half (the profile icon)

*Forehead slap* Yes, because when I started making this mod for myself, it never even occurred to me to consider other languages! I was using a hardcoded string.

Pretty dumb oversight on my part. I've made the change in the latest version 1.2.

Thanks for letting me know!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Remove the clutter from your IG experience -- this Xposed module hides advertisements and promoted content from your Instagram feed and stories.

Also has bonus option to clean up the Explore (search) page; choose to stop showing all those suggested posts from public accounts.

As of 08/11/2019, confirmed to support latest release 105.0.0.18.119.

This module automates the process of intercepting and hiding the unwanted content, and shouldn't rely on specific IG versions to function properly.
    However, if newer IG versions begin to break functionality, module updates should hopefully follow soon to keep up with the changes.

Note: Beyond the standard ads, 'paid partnership' branded content refers to any posts that are officially labeled as 'Paid partnership with [company]'.

Changelog
    v1.2 - 8/11/2019:
    • Added international support for hiding ads

v1.1 - 8/03/2019:
    • Revised approach for finding the Explore page hooks; should support latest IG versions

v1.0 - 07/12/2019:
    • Initial release

Xposed repository: https://repo.xposed.info/module/com.tremendo.unclutterig
    Source code at GitHub: https://github.com/TremendoX/UnclutterIG
    Finally! A 100% reliable method to block ads on Instagram. The integration is seamless too, no side effects at all. Thanks for this awesome module!

Thank you @DragonClawsAreSharp, @shadowstep, @P650SE and the other folks :good:, and I'll do my best to keep this module up to date.

Please let me know if you guys have ideas for improving on the mod (keeping with the theme of 'uncluttering' the app... I'm not too keen on expanding the scope to other modifications just yet).

@Tremendo Slap @xkip you guys should work together since you are making the same xposed module.

Interesting, looks like he takes a different approach to reach similar outcomes. Haven't installed it yet but might be worth comparing.

works fine on GBinsta as well.... Can you do anything about the sponsored posts in stories in the upcoming versions?

Sorry, I'm not familiar with GBInsta, but I'll check it out. Can you explain a bit more what you mean? Are the stories showing ads or paid posts in your version?
    New version 1.1 released, should support IG v104.0.0.21.118.

I noticed when I updated to that version, the module wasn't hiding the Explore page anymore. Some things changed internally, so I took a new approach to detecting whether I'm in the right areas of the Explore page. It's somewhat more hackish, but it should hopefully be more reliable moving forward.