Sony netfront locationfree player ?

Search This thread

geekempire

Jun 11, 2007
Louisville, KY
Can you post a link to the source for the wm6 build. I have a location free device, but the lack of a mobile client forced my move to a hava device.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App

insanenyc

Aug 12, 2006
They actually make a app for wm6 if you need that I bought mine for 25 bucks I will find the source code and post the link the wm6 software worked great. Sorry mod for posting in the wrong area

Sent from my Inspire4G using XDA App

mgschwan

Dec 13, 2011
The player is not even close to opensource

Source code can be found here I couldn't find a wm source code

Hi i have been working on reverse engineering the LocationFree Protocol for quite some time now and i can assure you that the software is not opensource.

They opensourced an excerpt of the LiveDotCom Libraries that they use for their stream transport and even those files are incomplete. That is just to be compliant with the GPL.

The whole proprietary part remains closed source.

However i have been making some progess and have already got a proof-of-concept python implementation that can connect to a LF-B1EU Box and receive a few seconds of the stream.

This stream is encrypted. Thanks to this guy "http_//code_google_com/p/lftv" (sorry i am not allowed to post links in this forum) i even got a hint on how to decrypt it.

Currently i can decrypt the video frames but the whole thing is just a bunch of scripts and loosely coupled code that is far from anything one could call an application.

However i am still working on it and having quite some progress. So i would be interested in who would still like such an app and what boxes do you use?

greeting
michael

insanenyc

Aug 12, 2006
I have the 1st one that came out model # LF-B1
That's great that you are working on this project!! I will test anything whenever if needed
Locationfree ran great on Windows mobile 6 with a 3g connection

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App

Last edited:

mgschwan

Dec 13, 2011
LF-B1 thats good to hear since i have a LF-B1EU which means the commandos to the streaming server should be the same.

What already works is to connect to the LocationFree Box, decrypt and save the frames to disk. Those frames are then decoded with a standalone executable to create the video frames.

i know this is still a very very proof of concept but it is very promising.

I'll keep you posted when a testable program is ready

greetings
michael

insanenyc

Aug 12, 2006
That's great progress. I no nothing about makin apps but I am very good messing with my devices I guess I follow directions well so when I say this it might sound stupid but I had a idea maybe it will work
The PSP runs at max 333 MHz all of the android devices are atleast 800mhz I have a inspire running at 1.6 GHz so I think I would be fine. Now is there a way to take the locationfree player prx files that are found in the PSP and edit them to work on the android. I don't know if u have a PSP but I am able to extract those prx files out of the PSP and they also available online
What I am saying is to make some sort of half ass PSP emulator just to run locationfree player. The PSP has a emulator for the PSP called booster wich puts the PSP firmware on the PSP memory card to run old PSP firmware. Locationfree works with this emulator I don't know if any if this will work or help you with your code but I can get you any of these files if needed

I am so glad you are working on this . When I heard Sony was making the xperia I was so happy cause I thought they would implement the lfp but they dropped the ball with lack of support

Last edited:

mgschwan

Dec 13, 2011
Well i guess the prx does not help me much and emulating the PSP on the Device would be a completely different level of complexity.

My biggest problem currently is to decode the MPEG4 Frames on the android device since i don't yet know how to feed the raw mpeg4 frames to the media framework.

If that is not possible i am either going to use the NDK to link with the libavcodec library or i am going to make a repeater on the device that decrypts and resends the rtp stream locally so that it can be played with the media framework as if it were a normal network stream.

TheMaster666

Dec 29, 2006
Just found this..

Great news.. I'll donate for an app that works..

Although it sounds like you are making this for yourself as well.

Let me know if there is anything I can do..

insanenyc

Aug 12, 2006
Great thread is coming up 1st post on google when you search for lfp for android hopefully more people start seeing it cause I know a lot of people have lfp

Last edited:

tonybli

Jan 11, 2010
sweeeeeet

This would be great if it happened. I would love to dust off the old locationfree box.

insanenyc

Aug 12, 2006
I still use mine but with my laptop do to lack of support by $ony it freezes every 30 minutes due to a new windows 7 recent update

mgschwan

Dec 13, 2011
I still use mine but with my laptop do to lack of support by $ony it freezes every 30 minutes due to a new windows 7 recent update

Well it will work on Linux (and maybe MacOS) too since i am trying to keep it as general as possible. Currently it is written in pure python which i am porting to android with the python-for-android package, but it is still incredibly slow (and without audio). If it really is not possible with a python only version then i have to jump over my shadow and do a java version.

I'll keep you posted.

greeting
michael

P.S.: i've been on holiday the last two weeks, that's the reason why i did not send any updates

insanenyc

Aug 12, 2006
Well I just received a thrive for Xmas so now I can test it on that in addition to my rooted inspire. Enjoy your vacation !!

mgschwan

Dec 13, 2011
Well, here is some progress in my development of the LocationFree Player

youtu.be/ms2dIw3zadI

Greetings
Michael

Reactions: tonybli

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, here is some progress in my development of the LocationFree Player

youtu.be/ms2dIw3zadI

Greetings
    Michael