@ARC-S@

Dec 26, 2012
Baguio
Last edited:
Reactions: Brianlymtb

chitose_ndy

Jan 30, 2011
Jakarta
In my opinion, its software problem related ..

I mean the sensor maybe need more tweaks and stuffs ..

Anyway, its just my opinion

Gesendet von meinem C6903 mit Tapatalk

@ARC-S@

Dec 26, 2012
Baguio
In my opinion, its software problem related ..

I mean the sensor maybe need more tweaks and stuffs ..

Anyway, its just my opinion

Gesendet von meinem C6903 mit Tapatalk

Alright, thanks for your opinion... I'll try to go back to older firmwares to test wether it is hardware or software related :)

If this is a hardware problem, Sony will have some BIGGGGGGG trouble :(

EDIT : Okay, I have just went back to 524 firmware to test and I can confirm that the problem still persists.

Last edited:
S

SweFox

As I wrote in the other thread my phone seems fine, tried 5 times. Someone said that it happened when you got in contact with the aluminium.
So I took the phone out of its case and tried, still fine.

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
I've noticed a loss of touch across the right edge of the screen, most noticable when playing candy crush and i want to switch on the far right, but in normal use it's absolutely fine, points to software in this case.

If you want to know if there are problems then download a multi touch app and move your finger across every inch of the screen, if you lose contact you'll know theres a problem and you'll have some tangible evidence when you take it back to the shop.

snekkarn

Nov 19, 2009
Im so pissed at this crappy thouch screen.. if i type to fast and not hard enough it wont register it.. aspesially annoying with the spacebar.. its like 50/50 chance its gonna work each time.. is this hardware or software?? Such an high en product and it really sucks.. gonna go back to my s3 if this isnt fixable..

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

@ARC-S@

Dec 26, 2012
Baguio
I'm starting to rather dislike Sony now :mad: . I can't believe so many problems can be found on a $5998 HKD, HIGH END smartphone :rolleyes: . When I first saw an Xperia Z1, I immediately fell in love with it. I decided to save up all my money to get one, for a few months I only used 1/4 of my lunch money for lunch. And then you know what? I end up with a f*cked up touchscreen, bootloader unlocking problems and a yellow, ugly screen that don't want to see anymore. More then 6 of my friends are gonna buy an Xperia Z1 (cuz they saw mine) But I'm gonna make them change their minds and buy something else.

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
I thinking they assembling the product with different quality hardware for differen continent. I got mine all original and working fine. I just saying.

nonamedk

Nov 25, 2009
We are some people on the sonymobile forum with the issue.
I have a brand new Z1 on the Way from the store now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

@ARC-S@

Dec 26, 2012
Baguio
I'm might sell my Z1 for a Nexus 5. Do you guys think it's worth the money or should I wait 1 month for Sony to fix the touchscreen problem?

brapicoco

May 29, 2011
I'm might sell my Z1 for a Nexus 5. Do you guys think it's worth the money or should I wait 1 month for Sony to fix the touchscreen problem?

I'm planning that also. However, I'm still giving my z1 a chance until the kitkat upgrade next yr.. If it really sucked again then it's goodbye sony and choose Nexus from now on.

jlevy73

Nov 8, 2009
Los Angeles
I have the N5 and trust me, it has it's fair share of problems. The RMA thread is over 40 pages long http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2515575&page=40

The speaker is an absolute joke (through headphones it's not bad), the camera once again is subpar and battery life is half of what I get with the Z1. Don't get me wrong, there is a lot to like about the N5, just don't get pissed off at Sony and go Nexus and think all your problems will be solved.

brapicoco

May 29, 2011
I have the N5 and trust me, it has it's fair share of problems. The RMA thread is over 40 pages long http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2515575&page=40

The speaker is an absolute joke (through headphones it's not bad), the camera once again is subpar and battery life is half of what I get with the Z1. Don't get me wrong, there is a lot to like about the N5, just don't get pissed off at Sony and go Nexus and think all your problems will be solved.

You're right, However if switching to another device will solve our main gripe then it would not be so bad. I really dont want to give up on my z1 however it really sucks to have this kind of problem. Everything is working fine, no overheat, wifi issue, black screen, yellow tint. Just this annoying touch problem.

jlevy73

Nov 8, 2009
Los Angeles
You're right, However if switching to another device will solve our main gripe then it would not be so bad. I really dont want to give up on my z1 however it really sucks to have this kind of problem. Everything is working fine, no overheat, wifi issue, black screen, yellow tint. Just this annoying touch problem.

I agree, on a device this expensive it should defect free. I have the yellow screen issue but not the touch problem. The yellow screen is definitely annoying because no screen adjuster I have tried solves the problem. And when you compare it side by side with a N5 or HTC One, you really see just how bad the yellow hue makes the screen look. I guess I can live with it now and hope for a solution but it's a shame there has to be threads like these full of the typical QC problems that Android has become infamous for.

Reactions: Thraxzzz

brapicoco

May 29, 2011
I agree, on a device this expensive it should defect free. I have the yellow screen issue but not the touch problem. The yellow screen is definitely annoying because no screen adjuster I have tried solves the problem. And when you compare it side by side with a N5 or HTC One, you really see just how bad the yellow hue makes the screen look. I guess I can live with it now and hope for a solution but it's a shame there has to be threads like these full of the typical QC problems that Android has become infamous for.

I hope Sony can address this effin issue, I bought this since it's a powerful device and I really use it for gaming. Now the main reason is gone since I cant really play on this device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stop spamming -.- This is not the solution!!! Stop saying this stupid things!

Relax, no need to be insulting. He's just trying to help by suggesting possible causes. I agree with you in that I don't think his suggestion is correct, but that doesn't change the fact that he's trying to help.
    Maybe related with Sim card?

Hi everyone!!

I have just called to Technical support of Sony Mobile Spain to ask about the touchscreen problem. Because i have send to them 2 times, and he told me, probably the problem is not related with the phone, probably with the sim card.

I think it's very difficult the sim card provoke this problem.. in my opinion. But i'm trying.. i take out the sim and i'm texting a lot, i will take a probe time and i will write here the result. :)

It's possible the sim card are problem?? what do you think? have anyone tried to change the sim card?

See you!
    don't know who your post is directed too but if it's me I am no boy or kid - in fact I'll bet I am at least 6x your mental age, I'm a well seasoned adult with 30 years experience in state of the art electronics design industry

and I'll repeat my previous statement - I do not have a problem with my Z1 touch screen - maybe you have something on your fingers that is interfering with the interface - have you tried washing your hands then testing

There is a certain country that seems to have the biggest complainers on the planet - anyone care to guess

lol, look it's quite simple:
    fact 1: people from mexico, germany, uk, india canada etc reported problems with touch screen, and mostly in japan where sony is from.
    it's not country specific.

fact 2: every guy who mannaged to reproduce the touch screen issue and had access to several other z1's mennaged to reproduce it in ALL phones he came across, a guy reported reproducing it on 6 different units in his country.

so, if you ask me, the more probable event is that ALL z1 units have this problem, obviously for most of them it's only a slight issue and not noticable on daily use, or for people who aren't heavy gamers. also most of the people claiming to not have a touch screen problem just probebly don't know how to reproduce it, cos those of us who does mennaged to score it with every z1 they find.

stop acting like a saint or a blaming other people for thier dirty countries.. geez....

plus it whould make a perfect sense for most of the complaints on any phone in the world whould come from india or china as them being the BIGGEST countries in the world, china people don't like to hang around the web with non chian people so that leaves india alone there.... just statisticly speaking...
    Ghost touch are hardware problem, some units are affected, others are not :)
    I ve been through many z1 phones, 2 had this problem. And both had the factory antishatter with sony logo removed
    Sony antishatter is a piece of garbage plastic that dulls screen clarity and colors. In addition, it is easily scratched. There are 2 reasons: some earlier screens had no oliophobic protection; and lack of support in kernel. I have glass screen protector with oliophobic layer and a fix in kernel. And my screen no longer have ghost touches...