[ROM][4.1.2][LINARO][SOURCE-BUILT] Unofficial Optimized CyanogenMod 10

Search This thread

Quasar

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 3, 2013
Mumbai
While you guys are waiting for a working CM11, here's a source built optimized light weight CM10.

CyanogenMod 10 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.1.2 (Jellybean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
 * cause of male impotence.
*/

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

These builds are compiled with Linaro toolchain which provides improved performance and increased battery life.
This ROM is a slimmed down lightweight version.

WHAT WORKS

Everything seems to work except for WiFi

DOWNLOADS

http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/?id=5719#downloads

THANKS TO

-@cute_prince ( For the device and kernel trees and for compiling the original ROM )
- @nikhil16242 ( For fixing Multitouch problem / Prompt Testing )
- @solk2 ( For fixing WiFi )
- Whole Cyanogenmod Development Team
- The XDA team

XDA:DevDB Information
Unofficial CyanogenMod 10(Linaro builds), ROM for the HTC Desire C

Contributors
rudi_j7
ROM OS Version: 4.1.x Jelly Bean
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2014-09-07
Last Updated 2014-09-07

intel007

Nov 21, 2011
Kent/London
In regards to WiFi not working, how exactly is it not working, is it the switching off when screens off or completely not working?

Quasar

Dec 3, 2013
Mumbai
In regards to WiFi not working, how exactly is it not working, is it the switching off when screens off or completely not working?

Completely not working. There's something that cute_prince modified and didn't add in the device tree it looks like. Anyway, we're working on CM11, so this won't be needed.

Sent from my falcon using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: intel007

racky29

Nov 5, 2012
west midlands
Its a source code patch, patch the code in the github repository when building from source. There is guides available online if you want to build from source and implement a patch

Quasar

Dec 3, 2013
Mumbai
Okay... I'm patching the tree and kernel to fix wifi today. Then I'll upload the patched tree as zips so anyone can build CM10

EDIT: Done Patching.

FURTHER EDIT: I'll probably build another version with working WiFi sometime this week.

Last edited:

racky29

Nov 5, 2012
west midlands
Rudi. Can you post a guide to building this cm10 please
im a bit lost with manifest and prebuilt cm source repo url
i know a bit of the basics, ive done a lot of reading up. But just need to get off the ground.

Quasar

Dec 3, 2013
Mumbai
Rudi. Can you post a guide to building this cm10 please
im a bit lost with manifest and prebuilt cm source repo url
i know a bit of the basics, ive done a lot of reading up. But just need to get off the ground.

Sure. PM me with any questions you might have.

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Quasar

Dec 3, 2013
Mumbai
Hi @rudi_j7 Were you able to build with wifi working? It looked promising :)

I completely forgot about this :p I was busy with projects for my other devices. I'll see if I can get it to work sometime this week.

EDIT: Sorry, but I've got a hell of a lot of other work so I won't be able to make any progress with this. :p

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    While you guys are waiting for a working CM11, here's a source built optimized light weight CM10.

CyanogenMod 10 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.1.2 (Jellybean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
    */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

These builds are compiled with Linaro toolchain which provides improved performance and increased battery life.
    This ROM is a slimmed down lightweight version.

WHAT WORKS

Everything seems to work except for WiFi

DOWNLOADS

http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/?id=5719#downloads

THANKS TO

-@cute_prince ( For the device and kernel trees and for compiling the original ROM )
    - @nikhil16242 ( For fixing Multitouch problem / Prompt Testing )
    - @solk2 ( For fixing WiFi )
    - Whole Cyanogenmod Development Team
    - The XDA team

XDA:DevDB Information
    Unofficial CyanogenMod 10(Linaro builds), ROM for the HTC Desire C

Contributors
    rudi_j7
    ROM OS Version: 4.1.x Jelly Bean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2014-09-07
    Last Updated 2014-09-07
    Okay... I'm patching the tree and kernel to fix wifi today. Then I'll upload the patched tree as zips so anyone can build CM10

EDIT: Done Patching.

FURTHER EDIT: I'll probably build another version with working WiFi sometime this week.
    Hi @rudi_j7 Were you able to build with wifi working? It looked promising :)

I completely forgot about this :p I was busy with projects for my other devices. I'll see if I can get it to work sometime this week.

EDIT: Sorry, but I've got a hell of a lot of other work so I won't be able to make any progress with this. :p

Completely not working. There's something that cute_prince modified and didn't add in the device tree it looks like. Anyway, we're working on CM11, so this won't be needed.

How i can insert this? :)

I can push the source with the patch to Github and link it here so you guys can build yourself. If you want, I can type out a guide if I'm not feeling too lazy.