[UTIL] SPB Mobile Shell 3.0.1 [Tricks, Widgets, Themes, Other, FAQ, Config]

Search This thread

henrik.s76

Oct 24, 2008
Tried the new file, but no luck im afraid.

Tried the new file, but no luck im afraid.
Your Digital Clock Pro Still doesnt show? Can you check your Mobile Shell folder for the prescence of vp_dclock_modern.dat and if its not there copy over the attached file (deleting the .zip part from the end of the file name first)

Remember to soft reset after and let me know how it goes please :)

EDIT: Are your notifications working ok now?

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
Will uninstalling the cab remove the registry keys he said needed to be deleted through the manual uninstall instructions at the link to SPB club?
The cab includes all the registry entrys to run jgjacksons Widgets Pro and so uninstalling it will delete all the registry entrys but it will also delete the qa_layouts.dat file thats needed for Mobile Shell to run so make sure you back up the original file before installing it (as advised by both jgjackson and myself).

adioph

May 12, 2005
Widgets Pro Plus for Mobile Shell 3.01 final (VGA and WVGA only) 3rd June 2009.

Please install on a fresh installation of Spb Mobile Shell 3.0.1

screen_vga_060309-1.jpg

NOTE: BEFORE YOU INSTALL THE CAB, USING A FILE EXPLORER, COPY YOUR QA_LAYOUTS.DAT FILE FROM PROGRAM FILES\ SPB MOBILE SHELL ON YOUR PHONE TO YOUR STORAGE CARD IN CASE YOU WANT TO UNINSTALL THE CAB, THEN YOU CAN COPY THE FILE BACK TO MOBILE SHELL AFTERWARDS AND GO BACK TO YOUR ORIGINAL LAYOUT AND NO EXTRAS.

MS301 Widgets Pro Plus VGA+WVGA 060309

Contains 32 NEW widgets and Mods, install to same location you installed Spb Mobile Shell to, then soft reset and they are ready to use (no extras included in this version).

MS301 Widgets Pro Plus Extras VGA+WVGA 060309
Contains all the widgets as in the MS301 Widgets Pro Plus cab
PLUS 7 Lifestyle screens instead of the standard 3
PLUS
a Task Manager is added to the Carousel Screen (see picture)
PLUS a Wireless Manager is added to the Carousel Screen (see picture)
PLUS the Bottom Menu Bar has been made invisible
PLUS
a 3 button menu on the Lifestyle and Pro screens on Portrait and Landscape Modes (the extra button is to the Agenda or the Task Manager Screen, see picture)
PLUS 2 buttons on the Weather, Task Manager and Wireless Manager Screens (Buttons are Lifestyle Home Screen and Contacts Screen, see picture)
PLUS an extra favourites (contacts) screen (click on contacts and then swipe your finger on the screen to the left to bring up the extra screen), this screen is fully customizable and you can swipe off the second favourites screen.

Hope its all ok. I dont even have a VGA phone but I made this since alot of people asked for it :)
Lots of thanks to everyone who helped test the cabs in various stages and especially to SiliconStar who helped me fix some of the resized widgets and made the large analogue clock :D

If any of the widgets look low quality its because I had to resize them up from QVGA. Let me know what ones dont look good and I will try to make them look better.

Im worn out now lol I need a good nights sleep :p

Download Links (xda isnt letting me upload to here sorry):
MS301 WidgetsProPlus_VGA_WVGA_060309
MS301 WidgetsProPlusExtras_VGA_WVGA_Launcher_Agenda_Contacts_060309
MS301 WidgetsProPlusExtras_VGA_WVGA_Launcher_TaskManager_Contacts_060309
MS301 WidgetsProPlusExtras_VGA_WVGA_SpbMenu_Agenda_Contacts_060309
MS301 WidgetsProPlusExtras_VGA_WVGA_SpbMenu_TaskManager_Contacts_060309

Hi,

Do you have QVGA version for this?

Thanks.

Wolfseal

Mar 4, 2008
Originally Posted by Wolfseal View Post
I've install a qvga theme but the digital clock is always the original.
Could Anyone say me what I must be seen and changed ?
Thx
What theme did you install? Is there a new clock included in the theme or is that something that you are supposed to change manually?
What theme did you install? Is there a new clock included in the theme or is that something that you are supposed to change manually?

I've install the WQVGA 4 themes by weesje: Invader theme
link: http://rs365.rapidshare.com/files/227548402/Invader_Theme.rar

Even I've tried to install just a new clock: http://www.actualitemobile.com/forum/index.php/topic,10162.0.html
toms high tech + Apple Theme + CLOCKS -> Clock_Pack_Spb_Mobile_Shell_3.0_by_tom33.rar
nothing appared ...

Thx

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
Thanks, but this version has new widget*?

Sorry, but image shows only the old widget
*like Diamond Digital Clock and Analog Clock Big
I will be releasing a new version of Pro Plus QVGA/WQVGA TODAY with 2 new diamond clocks (the black and the white versions with preceding zeros), a new analogue clock originally made by " for VGA that I resized and tweaked, plus the invisible links (medium and small) from jgjacksons widget pro that he kindly said I could use. Also the menus have been split into mods and widgets.

gkleding

Feb 7, 2008
Check Encoding Default

jgjackson,

I have tried to import your WidgePro reg file into my Kasier with three diffferent types of Registry editing programs but no success. I have changed the file type to .reg but nothing is added. Any ideas?

Thanks

Steve
Try this. When you you save the download File/Save As/
Save as Type: Text File (*.txt)
Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8)
My encoding default was incorrect. This worked for me.
Sunday

harmakhet

Apr 16, 2009
Thanks again for all your work Skip. I've sent a donation just now...hopefully it'll get you a beer or be of good use towards your new phone down the road.

Might hit you up with questions regarding formatting of the art for this type of thing. I'm not a developer but I do make art for a living.

gkleding

Feb 7, 2008
VGA Tinkerbell theme

I dont quite understand what you mean by making the number transparent. How would you see what the time is lol. I dont think it would be too hard to change the background clock colour, do you have something you would like me to make?

Im adding the white and black diamond clock (havent looked at the transparent one yet) to QVGA which I will be releasing maybe tomorrow if I can get it done by then. Some new widgets for people to play with over the weekend :p

I am using changeskins VGA to illustrate the transparent numerals. You will notice that in some screens there is the 0 for numeral placeholder and in some it is blank, I do not know why this is, but I do think the 0 looks better.
I would like to replace all white numerals and shadowing with Pink, Text I would like to make pale blue. I saw this where they used Pink Cumbustion menus and icons. I just dont care for the black accents and icons. I really like how customizable your software is, while still keeping the icons, menus, and submenus consistant with the original SPB Shell. I dont have a problem with changing icons, but I like not having to change my entire Set of icons to match a paticular theme. And of course you have all those great extra panels in the carousel that really work.

Anyway, third pic is just the Today screen loaded with the Original Tsk file made with old 2002 Theme maker. (This is how I get the Green bars in SPB Shell) I wish I could find a tool as easy as Pocket PC Theme Generator to work with SPB Shell. It makes it so easy to change color of any Text, Navigation Bar, Menues, Notifications etc. of course once you install SPB, most of the customizations are wiped out, bummer.
Let me know
Thank-you and Thank-you
Sunday

Attachments

• Screen005.jpg
    Screen005.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 90
  • Screen009.jpg
    Screen009.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 77
  • Screen010.jpg
    Screen010.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 62
  • Screen008.jpg
    Screen008.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 63
  • Screen007.jpg
    Screen007.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 53

Siliconstar

Nov 21, 2007
I am using changeskins VGA to illustrate the transparent numerals. You will notice that in some screens there is the 0 for numeral placeholder and in some it is blank, I do not know why this is, but I do think the 0 looks better.
I would like to replace all white numerals and shadowing with Pink, Text I would like to make pale blue. I saw this where they used Pink Cumbustion menus and icons. I just dont care for the black accents and icons. I really like how customizable your software is, while still keeping the icons, menus, and submenus consistant with the original SPB Shell. I dont have a problem with changing icons, but I like not having to change my entire Set of icons to match a paticular theme. And of course you have all those great extra panels in the carousel that really work.

Anyway, third pic is just the Today screen loaded with the Original Tsk file made with old 2002 Theme maker. (This is how I get the Green bars in SPB Shell) I wish I could find a tool as easy as Pocket PC Theme Generator to work with SPB Shell. It makes it so easy to change color of any Text, Navigation Bar, Menues, Notifications etc. of course once you install SPB, most of the customizations are wiped out, bummer.
Let me know
Thank-you and Thank-you
Sunday

Can you move the clock in the 2nd screen? The first "0" is normally displayed with a trick: it is not part of the time, but it's superimposed in the face.bmp.For solid digits, it works because when time goes past 9:59 the "1" cover the "0" of the face and all look correct.For transparent digits this should not be possible, since the "0" under the "1" should be always visible because of the transparent background of the digit itself.But in your 2nd screenshot it seems to work and this could be only possible if digits create a "hole" in the face instead of being superimposed:confused:.
Gonna make some further test.:rolleyes:

jgjackson

Dec 12, 2008

gkleding

Feb 7, 2008
Can you move the clock in the 2nd screen? The first "0" is normally displayed with a trick: it is not part of the time, but it's superimposed in the face.bmp.For solid digits, it works because when time goes past 9:59 the "1" cover the "0" of the face and all look correct.For transparent digits this should not be possible, since the "0" under the "1" should be always visible because of the transparent background of the digit itself.But in your 2nd screenshot it seems to work and this could be only possible if digits create a "hole" in the face instead of being superimposed:confused:.
No, I cannot move digits in the 2nd picture. I do not want to be any trouble, leave it as it is if that is easier. I just thought the transparent numerals were kinda cool for some wallpapers/themes.
Thanks
Sunday

marcribe

Dec 21, 2008
Belo Horizonte

But why the "0" doesn't appear on the first screenshot?

ozone777

Mar 24, 2007
San Diego

Let me know
Thank-you and Thank-you
Sunday

Tinkerbell??!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry I know this post is old, but does anyone still have this full screen weather widget? I can't find the download link anywhere :(
    Try looking through the themes in post#6 of this thread. Im not sure whether its in there but its your best shot.

Mark.