[ROM]Wildfire (S)lide Alpha3 (Android 2.3.3+Sense 2.1) Note: 05/04

Search This thread

guitarist5122

May 25, 2010
Delaware
Update 05/04: As requested, alpha 3 is up. Though this is a port of the alpha6 gingersense from Ogo2 that brings us to 2.3.3, all the same problems from alpha 2 exist. You'll also find a lot of apps missing. Ogo2 took some of the bloatware out. Dont worry, when a final release is made I will restore all bloatware. A big thx to Ogo2 and Ohgami Ichiro for all the help thus far!

For screen shots, follow this link. It is the same rom, but for the G2.

Hello Slide Community :)

REMEMBER TO MAKE A BACKUP

This is an alpha version and I will do my best to reach 100% functionality. I am a noob developer, so please be patient with me as I fix the problems with this rom.

I recommend not sliding the keyboard out while on the home screen. The laucher doesnt like landscape at the moment and will mess up. A battery pull will fix it.

Noob Flashing Guide:
Place file on the root of your sd card
Go to recovery mode
Perform a nandroid backup or your current running rom (VERY highly recommended as this is alpha)
Wipe data & cache
flash (its going to hang at Coping Files... for awhile)
Reboot when done Flashing (its going to hang on the boot screen for awhile)
Enjoy!

As a sense rom, it takes up alot of the phone's internal memory. Dont worry though, there is A LOT of bloatware that can be removed and I'll do what I can to condense the rom. When I get this rom close to complete I will release a bloat-less version as well for those that dont want to bother with removing all that or are simply too inexperienced to do it.

Credit goes to (this will be updated as well):

Cyanogen and TeamDouche (rom uses bits of cm7)
alexdiaz (for linking us the leaked rom)
gnarlyc (for posting a loose guide on porting)

Surprisingly a lot works: phone, text, data, slide-out keyboard + FN/Caps buttons&lights, etc. I deodex-ed everything, zipaligned the apk files, added busybox, nano, bash, apps2sd

To fix list:
Watermark (fixed, thx ogo2 for the tips)
sd-card (fixed)
Bluetooth
WIFI
GPS
Camera/video
? key
auto-rotate (landscape will work if you slide the keyboard out)

DOWNLOAD HERE

Hit me up on Gtalk if your have input or just questions @ guitarist5122@gmail !

Last edited:

ameedi600

Oct 12, 2010
Great job but I think I should wait for some feedback from people but thank you for your hard work

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA Premium App

Ohgami_Ichiro

Jun 18, 2010
Tacoma
It's not a theme it is based off the Wildfire S leaked rom. I'll load it up too just to see it.

Though the fact that the keyboard works makes me wonder if there is a Wildfire S with keyboard coming.

Or maybe the code is the same for the ChaCha.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using XDA App

Last edited:

ameedi600

Oct 12, 2010
If you can't mount the sd card then take a camera and start taking pics of it, then upload them here.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA Premium App

sherman8or

May 12, 2008
Pretty good start. The watermark is really annoying.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using XDA Premium App

bearshare

Jun 18, 2006
The Rom is exactly what you said. Though quite satisfied with CM7-RC2, it's my pleasure to flash it. Your stuff does bring hope to the device that not so popular, especially in my country.

Hayzie

Dec 27, 2009
This sounds like the best mix! I can't wait to see more. Thank you for your work.

Whoareyou

Maybe I can help. I haven't flashed this yet, but where does the watermark appear? What does it say?
It stays on the screen the entire time its booted, it says "HTC Confidential" and a string of numbers,

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using XDA Premium App

Attachments

• Water.jpg
    Water.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 372
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update 05/04: As requested, alpha 3 is up. Though this is a port of the alpha6 gingersense from Ogo2 that brings us to 2.3.3, all the same problems from alpha 2 exist. You'll also find a lot of apps missing. Ogo2 took some of the bloatware out. Dont worry, when a final release is made I will restore all bloatware. A big thx to Ogo2 and Ohgami Ichiro for all the help thus far!

For screen shots, follow this link. It is the same rom, but for the G2.

Hello Slide Community :)

REMEMBER TO MAKE A BACKUP

This is an alpha version and I will do my best to reach 100% functionality. I am a noob developer, so please be patient with me as I fix the problems with this rom.

I recommend not sliding the keyboard out while on the home screen. The laucher doesnt like landscape at the moment and will mess up. A battery pull will fix it.

Noob Flashing Guide:
    Place file on the root of your sd card
    Go to recovery mode
    Perform a nandroid backup or your current running rom (VERY highly recommended as this is alpha)
    Wipe data & cache
    flash (its going to hang at Coping Files... for awhile)
    Reboot when done Flashing (its going to hang on the boot screen for awhile)
    Enjoy!

As a sense rom, it takes up alot of the phone's internal memory. Dont worry though, there is A LOT of bloatware that can be removed and I'll do what I can to condense the rom. When I get this rom close to complete I will release a bloat-less version as well for those that dont want to bother with removing all that or are simply too inexperienced to do it.

Credit goes to (this will be updated as well):

Cyanogen and TeamDouche (rom uses bits of cm7)
    alexdiaz (for linking us the leaked rom)
    gnarlyc (for posting a loose guide on porting)

Surprisingly a lot works: phone, text, data, slide-out keyboard + FN/Caps buttons&lights, etc. I deodex-ed everything, zipaligned the apk files, added busybox, nano, bash, apps2sd

To fix list:
    Watermark (fixed, thx ogo2 for the tips)
    sd-card (fixed)
    Bluetooth
    WIFI
    GPS
    Camera/video
    ? key
    auto-rotate (landscape will work if you slide the keyboard out)

DOWNLOAD HERE

Hit me up on Gtalk if your have input or just questions @ guitarist5122@gmail !
    "Like dust in the wind dude..."

Here is a very minor update:
    http://db.tt/YVzUKwg

I just fixed the date formating and set the default to english US instead of English UK.

Just so you know we are still working on it. Nbetcher created a 2.6.35 for the slide but still needs work.
    WiFi is looking to be a problem but I am hopeful it will be solved. One of the legend devs got trackpad wake working so that's. A nice bonus that we might be able to include.

I been busy with house hunting reciently but am trying to provide as much help as I can. If I had a spare Phone I could devote more time to this so I won't have downtime.

Sent from my Red T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using XDA Premium App
    hey guitarist

to fix the sdcard problem, I think you can just go to etc folder and modify vold.fstab file. That will fix the mount
    I noticed (phandroid). It will take me sometime to look at though. Im enjoying being a dad for the past 3 days :)