Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Oct 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
flyhalf205.com
Key Features:
  • Ability to save custom recovery settings
  • Default partitions to back up
  • Default zip folder location
  • Default color theme (lots to choose from) (Thanks to ffolkes!)
  • Default Time Zone (for more accurate time stamps)
  • Zip Signature Verification
  • Zip md5 Verification (looks for file with zipname.zip.md5)
  • Ability to flash multiple zips in one go
  • Ability to select which individual partitions to backup, and restore.
  • Ability to choose compression or no compression backups.
  • Compression takes longer of course, but you save roughly half the space. EVO3D's stock system uncompressed is ~800mb, 380mb compressed. You choose.
  • Ability to auto restore GAPPS on zip flash (for CM based ROMS)
  • Ability to auto reboot after successful flashes (for the lazy)
  • Some devices utilize their capacitive buttons in recovery.
  • Home - Main Menu
  • Menu - Advanced Menu
  • Back - Up a Menu Level
  • Search - Select Current Selection
  • Battery Level and Timestamp (Better safe than sorry)

HTC Dumlock Instructions:
  1. Install the build of TWRP using your method of choice, but you must actually flash TWRP to recovery. No fastboot booting it. We need it in recovery so that this build of TWRP will be flashed to your boot. This new build of TWRP has features in it to easily restore your original boot.
  2. Reboot into recovery.
  3. Make a backup of your phone.
  4. Tap Advanced.
  5. Tap HTC Dumlock. (If you don't see HTC Dumlock then you need to remove any custom TWRP theme that you might be using.)
  6. Tap Install HTC Dumlock. This will install the app and binaries needed to make everything work nicely.
  7. Reboot your device.
  8. Find and open the HTC Dumlock app.
  9. If/when prompted, give the app root (SuperUser) permissions.
  10. Tap the Execute HTC Dumlock button.
  11. Wait patiently for a couple of minutes. It takes a little while.
  12. If your device doesn't reboot automatically, reboot it manually. Reboot it normally. DO NOT reboot it to recovery.
  13. You should now be in your recovery, but your recovery is flashed into boot.
  14. Tap Advanced.
  15. Tap HTC Dumlock.
  16. Tap Restore Original Boot.
  17. Use your recovery like normal. Flash a new kernel. Restore a backup with a different kernel. Do whatever you please!
  • Consider donating!
  • Note, you must repeat steps 8 through 17 EVERY TIME you need to flash boot.

Installation:
Unlock bootloader at http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader/
Make sure fastboot is unchecked in power options and turn phone completely off
Boot into HBOOT then Fastboot
From fastboot. Use command "fastboot erase cache"
From fastboot. Use command "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"

Video Tutorials:
How To Unlock The Bootloader EASIEST Method - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0gzJdwCxX0
How To ROOT EASIEST METHOD - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1KmsxO84UU

PC USB Mass Storage:
You can't! :( http://teamw.in/DataMedia

Downloads:
If rooted. You can flash using GooManager in the Play Store
http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7/

Last edited:
M

Miranda's Big Sis

Followed your instructions and installed with no problems, thank you for sharing this.

sameer1807

Dec 7, 2011
Hey I have a Att htc one. C am anyone tell me how to root it if possible? Thanks

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

Flyhalf205

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Oct 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
flyhalf205.com
Hey I have a Att htc one. C am anyone tell me how to root it if possible? Thanks

Go unlock your bootloader. Then inside of TWRP it should detect that your not rooted and automatically root . If it doesn't prompt you. There are two links in the OP that you flash in recovery that will give you root.

sameer1807

Dec 7, 2011
Go unlock your bootloader. Then inside of TWRP it should detect that your not rooted and automatically root . If it doesn't prompt you. There are two links in the OP that you flash in recovery that will give you root.

ok thanks but how do i unlock the bootloader? the website you listed has no option for htc one in the drop down.

joshuadjohnson22

Oct 27, 2011
Atlanta
Ok to make sure I understand you install the twrp attached and install the Dumlock and this will allow us to flash the boot.img in twrp and not through fastboot?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

BAM1789

Dec 5, 2011
Mesa
Coming from samsung devices, all this fastboot stuff and HTC Dumlock is super confusing.. I'm rooted and running TWRP, but I'm certainly not comfortable with flashing another ROM and kernel yet. Thanks for the thread though, I extremely appreciate you work and time!:good:

Edit: Do I follow these exact steps to flash a full ROM zip with a non-stock kernel as part of it, or are there extra steps.. Really hate sounding like a noob, just do not want to do something dumb..

Last edited:

rayford85

May 22, 2011
Coming from samsung devices, all this fastboot stuff and HTC Dumlock is super confusing.. I'm rooted and running TWRP, but I'm certainly not comfortable with flashing another ROM and kernel yet. Thanks for the thread though, I extremely appreciate you work and time!:good:

Edit: Do I follow these exact steps to flash a full ROM zip with a non-stock kernel as part of it, or are there extra steps.. Really hate sounding like a noob, just do not want to do something dumb..

The international roms have a script in them that flashes the kernel with the Rom. No need to fastboot or anything like that.

rgoyena

Oct 15, 2010

Inside of twrp? I'm not seeing a post on OP.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 AM ----------

I'm coming from Samsung too and quite confusing

HyperM3

Jan 2, 2008
Lawrenceville, NJ
Ok, Im helpless right now. I got my phone unlocked finally after much frustration. I downloaded TWRP to my android folder. I typed in the correct prompt on CMD and then it just sits there saying "waiting for phone". What do I do now?

rgoyena

Oct 15, 2010
Ok, Im helpless right now. I got my phone unlocked finally after much frustration. I downloaded TWRP to my android folder. I typed in the correct prompt on CMD and then it just sits there saying "waiting for phone". What do I do now?

I think you got to type in something like fasboot recovery something something....haven't done it myself :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Key Features:
    • Ability to save custom recovery settings
    • Default partitions to back up
    • Default zip folder location
    • Default color theme (lots to choose from) (Thanks to ffolkes!)
    • Default Time Zone (for more accurate time stamps)
    • Zip Signature Verification
    • Zip md5 Verification (looks for file with zipname.zip.md5)
    • Ability to flash multiple zips in one go
    • Ability to select which individual partitions to backup, and restore.
    • Ability to choose compression or no compression backups.
    • Compression takes longer of course, but you save roughly half the space. EVO3D's stock system uncompressed is ~800mb, 380mb compressed. You choose.
    • Ability to auto restore GAPPS on zip flash (for CM based ROMS)
    • Ability to auto reboot after successful flashes (for the lazy)
    • Some devices utilize their capacitive buttons in recovery.
    • Home - Main Menu
    • Menu - Advanced Menu
    • Back - Up a Menu Level
    • Search - Select Current Selection
    • Battery Level and Timestamp (Better safe than sorry)

HTC Dumlock Instructions:
    1. Install the build of TWRP using your method of choice, but you must actually flash TWRP to recovery. No fastboot booting it. We need it in recovery so that this build of TWRP will be flashed to your boot. This new build of TWRP has features in it to easily restore your original boot.
    2. Reboot into recovery.
    3. Make a backup of your phone.
    4. Tap Advanced.
    5. Tap HTC Dumlock. (If you don't see HTC Dumlock then you need to remove any custom TWRP theme that you might be using.)
    6. Tap Install HTC Dumlock. This will install the app and binaries needed to make everything work nicely.
    7. Reboot your device.
    8. Find and open the HTC Dumlock app.
    9. If/when prompted, give the app root (SuperUser) permissions.
    10. Tap the Execute HTC Dumlock button.
    11. Wait patiently for a couple of minutes. It takes a little while.
    12. If your device doesn't reboot automatically, reboot it manually. Reboot it normally. DO NOT reboot it to recovery.
    13. You should now be in your recovery, but your recovery is flashed into boot.
    14. Tap Advanced.
    15. Tap HTC Dumlock.
    16. Tap Restore Original Boot.
    17. Use your recovery like normal. Flash a new kernel. Restore a backup with a different kernel. Do whatever you please!
    • Consider donating!
    • Note, you must repeat steps 8 through 17 EVERY TIME you need to flash boot.

Installation:
    Unlock bootloader at http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader/
    Make sure fastboot is unchecked in power options and turn phone completely off
    Boot into HBOOT then Fastboot
    From fastboot. Use command "fastboot erase cache"
    From fastboot. Use command "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"

Video Tutorials:
    How To Unlock The Bootloader EASIEST Method - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0gzJdwCxX0
    How To ROOT EASIEST METHOD - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1KmsxO84UU

PC USB Mass Storage:
    You can't! :( http://teamw.in/DataMedia

Downloads:
    If rooted. You can flash using GooManager in the Play Store
    http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7/

Do you have the stock recovery img?
    Nice job! This is really tempting me as I try to hold out for the Galaxy S4. Your making it very hard for me not to go buy this :angel:
    Nice job! This is really tempting me as I try to hold out for the Galaxy S4. Your making it very hard for me not to go buy this :angel:

Dude you know you have much love for HTC.
    come join us!
    This phone is what the One X was supposed to be. :)