[Help] ADB Push Permission Denied

Search This thread

tonie972

Nov 13, 2009
I'm trying to push touchwizcalendar but it doesn't work. This is what I get:

C:\sdk\tools>adb push touchwizcalendar.apk /system/app/touchwizcalendar.apk
failed to copy 'touchwizcalendar.apk' to '/system/app/touchwizcalendar.apk': Per
mission denied

junkdruggler

Jun 27, 2009
Georgia
Eugene has a init script that will have staten as rw always.. Its an update.zip you flash from cwmod recovery.. If you don't have a lag fix it will flash fine, if you do it will over write it so you have to modify...
His newest rom supports both, maybe you could just kang it..

I currently have his mount script on my phone bc im always editing my services.jar and need that ability..

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

tonie972

Nov 13, 2009
keep your phone unlocked, run the command and you'll see the Superuser app pop up. Hit allow.

The end.

It didn't work and I got the same message.

Eugene has a init script that will have staten as rw always.. Its an update.zip you flash from cwmod recovery.. If you don't have a lag fix it will flash fine, if you do it will over write it so you have to modify...
His newest rom supports both, maybe you could just kang it..

I currently have his mount script on my phone bc im always editing my services.jar and need that ability..

Really appreciate that you are trying to help but I don't have a clue what you said. I'm totally new to this.

junkdruggler

Jun 27, 2009
Georgia
We had are First Sleepless Night with the New baby Boy.... Between Trying Figure out what was Wrong & taking turns with the Wife Holding Aries, I tried Pushing File's & forgot adb push didn't work...

Now this Script originally is what I made for the Behold 2, but the Basic still works For the SGV..

Just mod the script if your using the userinit.sh
Using this script you can place the userinit.sh any place you would Like...

I hope ever gets Good use out of this & Please Enjoy!

~Eugene

Download > adbpushGS1.zip

Installing*
Reboot to recovery, run the update.zip to run ClockworkMod Recovery, then installed the ZIP..

Quoted from eugene's post-- hope this helps...

tonie972

Nov 13, 2009
How do I "Reboot to recovery" and I think I already run the "update.zip" when I rooted the phone. Do I have to download ClockworkMod Reovery or something? Like said I'm new to this so I'm sorry if I'm a nuisance.

Edit: Is it the same thing as this?

http://awdisk.com/2010/01/how-to-reboot-your-motorola-milestone-in-recovery-mode/

Now we can start. Plug your device to your computer and enable the debugging mode of your phone (Go to MENU->SETTINGS->APPLICATIONS->DEVELOPMENT->Enable the “USB debugging”).

Then you need the adb tool that is given with the SDK. (You can find it it the “Tools” directory of the SDK).

Open a command prompt, go to the directory of “adb.exe” and type:

adb.exe devices

You should see your device. If there is no device connected, maybe your phone is not in the “debugging mode” see above. If your device appears, you can now type:

adb.exe -d reboot recovery

Then your phone will reboot in recovery mode and you will see this logo:

Last edited:

junkdruggler

Jun 27, 2009
Georgia
You can go to the market and download rom manager and use it to flash a custom recovery...
Flash cwmod recovery from the app
Reboot into cwmod recovery from the app
First thing to do its go to the nandroid option and do a backup (always recommended before changing anything)

Then dl the link from above.. This is a new .zip make sure its on the internal sdcard (the 16gb one).. When you reboot into recovery (from the app like last time) go to flash any zip from sdcard.. Choose the new .zip file you just downloaded.. Your /system should now be rw upon reboot

Wykedx

Aug 13, 2010
do we rename the adbpushGS1.zip file??

i reboot into recovery and chose reinstall packages because that's all there was, besides deleting ?

edit: i ionstalled the push zip but when i reboot i get stuck at the galaxy s logo

Last edited:

p()()pypants

Aug 17, 2010
We had are First Sleepless Night with the New baby Boy.... Between Trying Figure out what was Wrong & taking turns with the Wife Holding Aries, I tried Pushing File's & forgot adb push didn't work...

Now this Script originally is what I made for the Behold 2, but the Basic still works For the SGV..

Just mod the script if your using the userinit.sh
Using this script you can place the userinit.sh any place you would Like...

I hope ever gets Good use out of this & Please Enjoy!

~Eugene

Download > adbpushGS1.zip

Installing*
Reboot to recovery, run the update.zip to run ClockworkMod Recovery, then installed the ZIP..

Quoted from eugene's post-- hope this helps...

So can I just go into userinit script and add this to the top...
Code:
show_progress 0.100000 0
show_progress 0.500000 0
delete SYSTEM:bin/playlogos1
copy_dir PACKAGE:system SYSTEM:
set_perm 0 1000 0755 SYSTEM:bin/playlogos1
set_perm 0 1000 0755 SYSTEM:bin/playlogosnow
show_progress 0.100000 10

Or was it a diff script we pull from and add to it? Also do I have to put anything after I copy this into the script before the normal script in userinit to signify a pause or finishing one task and starting another?

I saw ;fi placed throughthe script alot and im guessing its afinish point or something to start the next set of commands fresh m???

Pooped from my Samsung Vibrant using XDA app...
Dont mind the skidmarks...

junkdruggler

Jun 27, 2009
Georgia
So can I just go into userinit script and add this to the top...
Code:
show_progress 0.100000 0
show_progress 0.500000 0
delete SYSTEM:bin/playlogos1
copy_dir PACKAGE:system SYSTEM:
set_perm 0 1000 0755 SYSTEM:bin/playlogos1
set_perm 0 1000 0755 SYSTEM:bin/playlogosnow
show_progress 0.100000 10

Or was it a diff script we pull from and add to it? Also do I have to put anything after I copy this into the script before the normal script in userinit to signify a pause or finishing one task and starting another?

I saw ;fi placed throughthe script alot and im guessing its afinish point or something to start the next set of commands fresh m???

Pooped from my Samsung Vibrant using XDA app...
Dont mind the skidmarks...

I would hate to tell you something wrong... If you use twitter I would ask eugene... or you can send him a pm or here is a link to the OP, you could ask in there
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=741664
sorry I wasnt more help

p()()pypants

Aug 17, 2010
Ok so I added that except to the userinit script, lag fix still works, adb doesnt seem to...

Just ran .zip file through clockwork to overwrite other file then just fix later after adb use was done, still no positive results...

Keeps saying

Cannot stat 'touchwizcalendar.apk' : no such file our directory

And if I open a shell and type the same command i get push: not found

Maybe I am just approaching this all wrong and not getting adb set up right first or something...

Can some one just step me through this crap, I can almost always figure this kind of thing out and this is pissing me off that I can't do a simple command to reinstall a damn calendar apk I want and that's the whole frickin point of having root...

Starting fresh again...

Running a fresh flash of vibrant6, have an up to date busy box, no lag fix activated at this time (but files are there from vibe6 and had it installed in the past before nand restoring.stock w/root and flashing fresh vibe 6), no adb push script installed yet but.zip is in root of sd if needed, running version 1.0.26 of adb on my computer and have apk files pulled from deodexed rom that are desired to be pushed sitting in root of sdcard (files named; "TouchWizCalendar.apk", "TouchWizCalendarProvider.apk", "TouchWizCalculator.apk", "ClockPackage.apk".)

Again guys any help would be appreciated as this is driving me nuts and should be slot easier with how some of you make it sound...

tonie972

Nov 13, 2009
Finally got the Calendar to show up. Thanks a lot Junkdruggler and other members!

Last edited:

junkdruggler

Jun 27, 2009
Georgia
What kind of boot animation.zip? You prob have to flash that thru recovery...

Droid explorer makes install a one click thing... It adds the sdk to your paths and pushing apps just takes a double click.. Prob more things I don't use also..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The solution is to start ADB in root mode in command prompt...

Steps I did with my Galaxy S to add an App:
    1. Connect phone to computer via USB in Debug Mode
    2. Load command prompt and type: adb root
    3. set read/write for system folder:

adb shell
    su

Then type mount and find the location of system folder, in this case for me it's /dev/block/stl9

mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/stl9 /system
    exit
    exit

4. set your cmd prompt to folder where you have files to push/move onto phone i.e. f:\app or etc using f: and cd app for example
    5. then to copy files to system/app folder by typing type: adb push <appfilename>.apk /system/app

Voila!

To remove an app do the following: adb shell rm /system/app/YourApplicationHere.apk

Simples

As a noob it took some time to figure this out with some help here and reading the help info after typing adb in prompt and the Eureka! moment came...

Hope this helps

Peter
    Well, I had this exact same issue when I got my defy 2 weeks ago.

Don't know if you have already solved this problem. If you have, just ignore what I say here.

First of all, you need to make sure that /system is mounted with the rw option:

Code:
    # mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system

Secondly, make sure that directory /system/app has write permission for everyone:

Code:
    # chmod 777 /system/app

And you should now be able to do adb push...