[15 Mar][DL DesireARB v1.4/DL Desire v4.31.44.1][Sense RE-Engineering][IMG/EXT4/RAM]

Search This thread

hoss_n2

DL Desire Series
By: Dandiest

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

• All my new builds have the following features ( click ) videos provided
  • Untill you finish the download :D watch the step by step video here

[DL Desire v4.31.44.12][Sense RE-Engineering] Highlights

• 1. Sense Re-Engineering
Recompiled all the apps and framework for lowest RAM consuming and highest performance

• 2. Merged DesireZ and DesireHD
mixed the advantage features from both DesireZ and DesireHD into one build.

• 3. RAM fs
after testing for a week, come into one best way to utilize the RAMfs, by default, one 16M RAMfs will be created for app and market cache.
once set to ram_data=1, additional 1 RAMfs will be created for most accessed dalvik cache.

• 4. totally re-write the SuperInit
fixed a lot of bugs inside and optimize it again, once set ram_data=1, the boot time should be within 1min, in next version, the boot time will be reduced again.

• 5. added a lot of usable functions into SuperInit
- extend the backup/restore to be able to backup &restore to different build.s
- added more repair_mode, to be able to repair the nand system and reset the system.

• 6. use own kernel
freak kernel v1.2 to perfect fit our builds. Source: http://www.linux4freak.com/gitweb
hence, 2 parameters were added to best control the kernel
vdd_mode= xxx //for under/over volting cpu, [-150,-125,-100,-75,-50,-25,+25,+50]
sched_mode= xxx // "cfq" or "bfq"

And of course, thanks for people who ever helped me, encouraged me, donated to me!!!

New features for superinit v4.4
Buildin with IMG/EXT4/RAM support
--- by default will create a 16M RAMfs and use it as app_cache and cache.
--- once set the ram_data=1, will move the dalvik-cache of framwork into RAM
--- to roll back to normal status, use the ram_data=11
-- Optimize the nand_data, which will also be able to move the dalvik-cache of framwork into Nand.
-- add new backup_img=2 to back apps from data, which is used for changing the build, the backup_img=1 will back up the whole data, once restore to a new base, will incur the UID inconsistent issue. should use restore_img=2 to restore.
-- add more function for repair_mode
-- repair_mode=1 will rescue the data partition.
-- repair_mode=2 can use the MAGLDR load system to repair the Nand system and mount the Nand system to /mnt/rescue
-- repair_mode=3 will reset the system, all the modified app, framework, lib, fonts that caused the issue will be removed, system will be reset to the origin without losing data and settings.

-- Auto detect the phone modal(EU or TMOUS)
--- for EU modal, will auto enable the data.img if the 2nd partition can not be found.
--- for TMOUS, if doesn't have 2nd partition and set the data_img=1, will auto bypass all the relative code to reduce the boot time.

-- Auto detect the boot mode (SD/MAGLDR/NAND)
--- auto select the best configuration for each boot mode

-- Auto partitioning the SDCard if set the format_ext4=9
-- Fixed a lot of bugs in previous version.

-- to best control kernel, added
vdd_mode= xxx //for under/over volting cpu, [-150,-125,-100,-75,-50,-25,+25,+50]
sched_mode= xxx // "cfq" or "bfq

(6/3/2011) Dl Desire V4.31.44.12 Download
(8/mar/2011) Update for V4.31 and 4.32 (download )

(15/3/2011) DL DesireARB v1.4.45.14 download

(New)DL DesireHD v1.3 (27/2/2011)

--v1.3s (stock version) download

--v1.3t (themed version) download

see change log for changes

For Nand:

just extract the Desire_DL and Update_DL(for upgrade) folder from the package to the root of your SDCard, flash.

change the config.txt.nand to config.txt and modify the config in it.

For SD/MAGLDR:

just extract the Desire_DL and Update_DL(for upgrade) folder from the package to the root of your SDCard, answer yes when ask for overwrite.
change the config.txt.sd to config.txt and modify the config in it. (Nand)
or change the config.txt.magldr to config.txt and modify the config in it. (Magldr)

If you encounter mobile data issue, please check here

Notes :

• The first boot will take a very long time, especially for SD/MAGLDR due to system will convert the system.img to system.ext2, need 10-20 mins depends on the speed of your SDCard.

• After the install, please reboot your system at lease twice to let the system settle down.

How to upgrade or change kernel or customize the system

1. more kernel can be found here,
--a. For Nand, just extract the Update_DL folder to the root of your sdcard, boot twice.

--b. For SD, extract the Update_DL folder to the root of your sdcard, and copy the zImage file from /Update_DL/update/kernel_files to Desire_DL, boot.

--c. You can also use the same kernel package, but replace the kernel file with your own under /Update_DL/update/kernel_files. (for SD/Magldr version, the zImage file should be put under Desire_DL)

2. for system upgrade or bugfix, extract the Update_DL folder from a update package to the root of your sdcard, reboot.

3. if you intend to replace any file from the system, use rootexplorer to delete the target file first, then put the file to /Update_DL/root/system..., e.g, if you want to change the framework.res, just delete the origin file from /system/framework, then, put your own file under /Update_DL/root/system/framework, boot.

How to load from MAGLDR

1. Press the power button during reboot

2. Select "Services" from MAGLDR menu

3. Select BootSettings

4. Select AD SD Dir

5. Choose the Desire~1

6. Back to the Boot from AD SD.

Useful info and plugin :

1.backup/restore

2.Rescuing your system from boot loop or FC.

3.Patch for TMOUS MMS

4. Q&A

5. How to install and config

6. Step by step.

7. Another step by step
Bugfix & Enhancement (here )

How to install config the v3 based builds. (here )

How to play with V3.3 final. (here )

Changelog+features

Code:
[B][SIZE=3]v1.4.45.14 ARA[/SIZE][/B]

-- Battery percentage and more.
-- dynamic RAM (big thanks freak and Jim)
-- more optimization.

[SIZE=3][B]Features:[B][SIZE=3]v1.4.45.14 ARA[/SIZE][/B][/B]
[/SIZE]use a new RAM optimization method which is based on Jim's idea, 
and freak successfully made it work. 
This method uses another file system on top of squashFS to gain dynamic ram cache to improve the performance,
which is totally different with the previous ram_data mode 1, 
that uses a static RAM allocation. 

[B][SIZE=3]8/3/2011 Dl Desire reengineering (v4.31/4.32)[/SIZE][/B]

- bugfixes initrd
- bugfixes init, removed some debug info
- modified vdd_mode: now, if the value for undervolting is "more" than -50, only frequency below 576000 are reduced by this value, others only -50.
- new kernel v1.3 (only change is aufs support inside kernel)
- mobile/wifi data.

[LEFT][SIZE=3][B]27/2/2011[/B] [B]new[/B][B] (DesireHD v1.3t and v1.3s)[/B][/SIZE]
both v1.3s and 1.3t are based on RUU 1.84 Desire HD;[/LEFT]

[LEFT][B]v1.3s[/B] (stock version with slight theme, power notification and percentage )
-- recreate the build
-- fix all the previous problems.
-- update the drivers.
-- added the advanced power menu.
-- upgrade to init v4.0[/LEFT]

[LEFT][B]v1.3t  [/B](pply the full theme with Gloss Blue HD Sense Theme 1.4a)
-- recreate the build from scratch. 
-- update drivers.
-- fixed all the previous bugs.
-- add advanced power menu
-- changed the fonts
-- changed the lock screen[/LEFT]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][B]26/2/2011 new[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][B][FONT=Arial]v4.2[/FONT][/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][SIZE=2]-  Recreate the build.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][SIZE=2]-  Added the advanced power menu.-  Added launchkey customization.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][SIZE=2]-  Tuned the system performance again.[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[LEFT][SIZE=3][SIZE=2]-  Fixed many defects.[/SIZE][/SIZE][/LEFT]

[LEFT][SIZE=3][SIZE=2]-  base on the newest DesireZ 1.85.73.2[/SIZE][/SIZE][/LEFT]

[LEFT][SIZE=3][SIZE=2]-  modified with full languages and locations.[/SIZE][/SIZE][/LEFT]

[LEFT][SIZE=3][SIZE=2]-  add battery percentage.[/SIZE][/SIZE][/LEFT]

[LEFT][SIZE=3][SIZE=2]-  equipped with DLINIT v4.0(modified by freak totally )[/SIZE][/SIZE][/LEFT]

[LEFT][SIZE=3][SIZE=2]-  all work and more smooth.[/SIZE][/SIZE][/LEFT]

[LEFT][SIZE=3][SIZE=2]-  improved battery life[/SIZE][/SIZE][/LEFT]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][B]21/2/2011[/B] [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
 [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][B]v4.1[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[LEFT][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black]- [SIZE=2]fix all the bugs[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/LEFT]

[LEFT][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- update new drivers.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/LEFT]

[LEFT][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- change the kernel back to gpc.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/LEFT]

[LEFT][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- add power notification and battery percentage, and more.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/LEFT]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2]- tune the system performance once again[/SIZE].[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][B]20/2/2011[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][B]v1.2[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- new version of DL Data2SD/Ext4 v3.0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- rafpigna kernel which can be easily changed to another kernel using the Update_DL[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- 2 versions[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]-- v1.2s (stock version)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]-- v1.2t (themed version)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] 

[LEFT][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][B]x/x/2011[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/LEFT]
[FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][B]ARA v1.1[/B][/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- Based on the official HTC ACE 1.83.415.4 RUU ARA, specific for Arabic, Stock version.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- Equipped with DL Data2SD/Ext4 v3.0.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[LEFT][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][B]v2.0[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/LEFT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- Based on the very popular Desire HD 1.72.405.3 RUU, Themed similar to Coredriod.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- Equipped with DL Data2SD/Ext4 v3.0.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- For ppl like theme, should try this version[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][B]v3.5[/B][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- update all the drivers, now, the driver for my DHDv1.1, DesireZv3.5 and DHDv2.0 are same version, next time, I may provide only one update package to update all versions.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- Change the kernel to rafpigna 1.7[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- Upgrade my Initrd to v3.0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- add 2 plugins for backup/restore[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- add 1 plugin for rescuing your system once you encounter the boot loop or many FC.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- Patch for TMOUS MMS[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2]btw, am developing the auto-partition function now, will update soon[/SIZE].[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][B]Older versions[/B][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][COLOR=black]v3.4 final[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- this is considered as the bugfix for v3.3, but due to some fundamental changes, cannot use update mechanism to upgrade it, sorry.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- fix the problem of market download(again)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- fix the problem of HTC sync(should be able to work without install the apk)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- fix the problem of button savior(all button functions)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- fix the potential problem of ppp/rmnet stability[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- fix the potential problem of pc to mobile transfler.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- Recreate the squashed file which contains the full stock apps, nothing removed, with the cost of only 3M increase of system space. (power of squashFS :D )[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- v3.3 users using ext4 or data.img can just flash it without losing anything.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- Kernel gpc#215[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[/SIZE]

Useful apps : (it can be applied to all my new builds, including: DesireZ v4.1, DesireHD v1.2, DesireARA V1.1(soon.
smile.gif
)

HTC news widget.: ( here )

Gingerbread style lock screen ( here )

Droideye bootanimation ( update.BootAnimation.7z )

Special thanks to

wingmann, E Lin, D69K, McNiceGuy, vlad48, RicarduZonta, akshan, Alexei, Kam,
adeeb, Shane Grosser, Kenneth Davis, Muhammad, Joe, parzifal, F-bone,TruePlaya, Eric, kajos, b0nni....

Prefer you mail to me directly once you have any question, cause I may visit the forum less and less.:)

Thanks to - Cedesmith, Cotulla, ownhere, melethron, ocm, Rajko, LeTama, Hastarin, NetRipper, Markinus, gauner1986, Takaaki, GPC and others I may forgot.
for making all this happen ;);)

Donations for dandiest (here )

cautation :
1. this dynamic RAM build can only work on freak kernel v1.3d or later.
2. can not set ram_data=1 which will worsen the overall performance.
3. normally, the build can work out of the box without any config.

Thanks and ragards :)
Hossam Yasser

Attachments

• CAP2011022121022.jpg
    CAP2011022121022.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 5,564
  • CAP2011022121041.jpg
    CAP2011022121041.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 4,572
  • CAP2011022121021.jpg
    CAP2011022121021.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 3,696
  • CAP201102212102.jpg
    CAP201102212102.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 4,025
  • CAP201102212104.jpg
    CAP201102212104.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 3,480
  • CAP201102210923.jpg
    CAP201102210923.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 5,072
Last edited:

Screemi

Sep 27, 2010
a little bit confusing. can the op be changed to dandiest?

ps. sorry for the comment but this is a great idea!

hrockh

Aug 25, 2009
Bristol
few notes for the first post.
what it's confusing it's the fact that you keep fixes and notes for older version..
well, for me, those are completely useless
new releases are there for solving bugs and problems of the old version
got a problem with 3.x?? update to 4.x. job done.
also some people could install old fixes them on the newer version, causing only problems

same story for the videos: they were great to show the build.
but as 4.x introduces a lots of improvements, the videos may not reflect the reality

WIP for second post:
now I need to do the links

let me know if you want something else.

Code:
[PLAIN]
[list]

[size=+2]OPTIONAL PACKAGES/INFO[/size]

[*] Arabic support by [url=http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=852122]Arabic Language Support "Desire - Evo - Nuxes -HD - Z - MIUI - CM 6&7 - Gingerbread"[/url]

[*] Arrow Keyboard [EVO], thanks [url=http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11183635&postcount=3126]colossus_r[/url] and ehsan76

[*] Stock Boot animation. update.animation.2010122901.zip (for both SD&Nand version)
extract the "DLZUPDATE" on SDCard, there already provided stock boot and down animations, use your own to overwrite and reboot.

[*] Alternative Kernels:

[size=+2]BUGS[/size]
[*] testing 4.x atm

[/list]
[/PLAIN]

Last edited:
Reactions: dandiest

dandiest

May 2, 2007
Singapore
thanks, way much better than me.

anyway, I'm really not good at this, may need some more professional input from others. :D

hrockh

Aug 25, 2009
Bristol
for the title, I simply used Wordart from Work 2010
that's the result

to import the title, I simply took a screenshot

BIG VERSION

LITTLE VERSION

Attachments

• daniest_title.docx
    38.3 KB · Views: 32
  • dandiest_title.jpg
    dandiest_title.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 518
  • dandiest_title_little.jpg
    dandiest_title_little.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 513
Last edited:

locn

Apr 19, 2010
Gold Coast
Upgrade from DL 3.5 to 4.1?

Hi

Thanks for this amazing site and all the support and in particular this version of android :)

Maybe a stupid question but is it possible to upgrade from 3.5 to 4.1 or do i have to backup and start again for 4.1?

Cheers and TIA!

paocavallo

Apr 17, 2009
London
5. DL DesireZ v4.1, updated (21/2/2011) download link (here )
screen shots (here)

changes:
1. fix all the bugs
2. update new drivers.
3. change the kernel back to gpc.
4. add power notification and battery percentage, and more.
5. tune the system performance once again.

WOW!!!
once again with gpc kernel!!!
I love it...that way I didn't updated from 3.4 till now..... :D
according to me it's the best kernel for the phone...also if sometime 3g and wifi data doesn't start to connect.....however I can't wait for testing it!
;)

Roxio2005

Sep 22, 2008
Greetings to all!
At attempt to change framework has caught cyclic reboot for ever.
Did all as it is recommended: has removed through rootexplorer framework.apk and has tried to insert new through Update_DL.
Has not worked. For me.

dandiest

May 2, 2007
Singapore
Greetings to all!
At attempt to change framework has caught cyclic reboot for ever.
Did all as it is recommended: has removed through rootexplorer framework.apk and has tried to insert new through Update_DL.
Has not worked. For me.

hmm, the 1.85 framework is not compatible with old version, you can use this http://uot.dakra.lt/ to do it from the original framework.res.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DL Desire Series
    By: Dandiest

picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php

picture.php
    picture.php

• All my new builds have the following features ( click ) videos provided
    • Untill you finish the download :D watch the step by step video here

[DL Desire v4.31.44.12][Sense RE-Engineering] Highlights

• 1. Sense Re-Engineering
    Recompiled all the apps and framework for lowest RAM consuming and highest performance

• 2. Merged DesireZ and DesireHD
    mixed the advantage features from both DesireZ and DesireHD into one build.

• 3. RAM fs
    after testing for a week, come into one best way to utilize the RAMfs, by default, one 16M RAMfs will be created for app and market cache.
    once set to ram_data=1, additional 1 RAMfs will be created for most accessed dalvik cache.

• 4. totally re-write the SuperInit
    fixed a lot of bugs inside and optimize it again, once set ram_data=1, the boot time should be within 1min, in next version, the boot time will be reduced again.

• 5. added a lot of usable functions into SuperInit
    - extend the backup/restore to be able to backup &restore to different build.s
    - added more repair_mode, to be able to repair the nand system and reset the system.

• 6. use own kernel
    freak kernel v1.2 to perfect fit our builds. Source: http://www.linux4freak.com/gitweb
    hence, 2 parameters were added to best control the kernel
    sched_mode= xxx // "cfq" or "bfq"

And of course, thanks for people who ever helped me, encouraged me, donated to me!!!

New features for superinit v4.4
    Buildin with IMG/EXT4/RAM support
    --- by default will create a 16M RAMfs and use it as app_cache and cache.
    --- once set the ram_data=1, will move the dalvik-cache of framwork into RAM
    --- to roll back to normal status, use the ram_data=11
    -- Optimize the nand_data, which will also be able to move the dalvik-cache of framwork into Nand.
    -- add new backup_img=2 to back apps from data, which is used for changing the build, the backup_img=1 will back up the whole data, once restore to a new base, will incur the UID inconsistent issue. should use restore_img=2 to restore.
    -- add more function for repair_mode
    -- repair_mode=1 will rescue the data partition.
    -- repair_mode=2 can use the MAGLDR load system to repair the Nand system and mount the Nand system to /mnt/rescue
    -- repair_mode=3 will reset the system, all the modified app, framework, lib, fonts that caused the issue will be removed, system will be reset to the origin without losing data and settings.

-- Auto detect the phone modal(EU or TMOUS)
    --- for EU modal, will auto enable the data.img if the 2nd partition can not be found.
    --- for TMOUS, if doesn't have 2nd partition and set the data_img=1, will auto bypass all the relative code to reduce the boot time.

-- Auto detect the boot mode (SD/MAGLDR/NAND)
    --- auto select the best configuration for each boot mode

-- Auto partitioning the SDCard if set the format_ext4=9
    -- Fixed a lot of bugs in previous version.

-- to best control kernel, added
    sched_mode= xxx // "cfq" or "bfq

(6/3/2011) Dl Desire V4.31.44.12 Download
    (8/mar/2011) Update for V4.31 and 4.32 (download )

(15/3/2011) DL DesireARB v1.4.45.14 download

(New)DL DesireHD v1.3 (27/2/2011)

--v1.3s (stock version) download

--v1.3t (themed version) download

see change log for changes

For Nand:

just extract the Desire_DL and Update_DL(for upgrade) folder from the package to the root of your SDCard, flash.

change the config.txt.nand to config.txt and modify the config in it.

For SD/MAGLDR:

just extract the Desire_DL and Update_DL(for upgrade) folder from the package to the root of your SDCard, answer yes when ask for overwrite.
    change the config.txt.sd to config.txt and modify the config in it. (Nand)
    or change the config.txt.magldr to config.txt and modify the config in it. (Magldr)

If you encounter mobile data issue, please check here

Notes :

• The first boot will take a very long time, especially for SD/MAGLDR due to system will convert the system.img to system.ext2, need 10-20 mins depends on the speed of your SDCard.

• After the install, please reboot your system at lease twice to let the system settle down.

How to upgrade or change kernel or customize the system

1. more kernel can be found here,
    --a. For Nand, just extract the Update_DL folder to the root of your sdcard, boot twice.

--b. For SD, extract the Update_DL folder to the root of your sdcard, and copy the zImage file from /Update_DL/update/kernel_files to Desire_DL, boot.

--c. You can also use the same kernel package, but replace the kernel file with your own under /Update_DL/update/kernel_files. (for SD/Magldr version, the zImage file should be put under Desire_DL)

2. for system upgrade or bugfix, extract the Update_DL folder from a update package to the root of your sdcard, reboot.

3. if you intend to replace any file from the system, use rootexplorer to delete the target file first, then put the file to /Update_DL/root/system..., e.g, if you want to change the framework.res, just delete the origin file from /system/framework, then, put your own file under /Update_DL/root/system/framework, boot.

How to load from MAGLDR

1. Press the power button during reboot

2. Select "Services" from MAGLDR menu

3. Select BootSettings

4. Select AD SD Dir

5. Choose the Desire~1

6. Back to the Boot from AD SD.

Useful info and plugin :

1.backup/restore

2.Rescuing your system from boot loop or FC.

3.Patch for TMOUS MMS

4. Q&A

5. How to install and config

6. Step by step.

7. Another step by step
    Bugfix & Enhancement (here )

How to install config the v3 based builds. (here )

How to play with V3.3 final. (here )

Changelog+features

Code:
    [B][SIZE=3]v1.4.45.14 ARA[/SIZE][/B]

-- Battery percentage and more.
    -- dynamic RAM (big thanks freak and Jim)
    -- more optimization.

[SIZE=3][B]Features:[B][SIZE=3]v1.4.45.14 ARA[/SIZE][/B][/B]
    [/SIZE]use a new RAM optimization method which is based on Jim's idea, 
    and freak successfully made it work. 
    This method uses another file system on top of squashFS to gain dynamic ram cache to improve the performance,
    which is totally different with the previous ram_data mode 1, 
    that uses a static RAM allocation. 

[B][SIZE=3]8/3/2011 Dl Desire reengineering (v4.31/4.32)[/SIZE][/B]

- bugfixes initrd
    - bugfixes init, removed some debug info
    - modified vdd_mode: now, if the value for undervolting is "more" than -50, only frequency below 576000 are reduced by this value, others only -50.
    - new kernel v1.3 (only change is aufs support inside kernel)
    - mobile/wifi data.

[LEFT][SIZE=3][B]27/2/2011[/B] [B]new[/B][B] (DesireHD v1.3t and v1.3s)[/B][/SIZE]
    both v1.3s and 1.3t are based on RUU 1.84 Desire HD;[/LEFT]

[LEFT][B]v1.3s[/B] (stock version with slight theme, power notification and percentage )
    -- recreate the build
    -- fix all the previous problems.
    -- update the drivers.
    -- added the advanced power menu.
    -- upgrade to init v4.0[/LEFT]

[LEFT][B]v1.3t  [/B](pply the full theme with Gloss Blue HD Sense Theme 1.4a)
    -- recreate the build from scratch. 
    -- update drivers.
    -- fixed all the previous bugs.
    -- add advanced power menu
    -- changed the fonts
    -- changed the lock screen[/LEFT]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][B]26/2/2011 new[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][B][FONT=Arial]v4.2[/FONT][/B][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]-  Recreate the build.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]-  Added the advanced power menu.-  Added launchkey customization.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]-  Tuned the system performance again.[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[LEFT][SIZE=3][SIZE=2]-  Fixed many defects.[/SIZE][/SIZE][/LEFT]

[LEFT][SIZE=3][SIZE=2]-  base on the newest DesireZ 1.85.73.2[/SIZE][/SIZE][/LEFT]

[LEFT][SIZE=3][SIZE=2]-  modified with full languages and locations.[/SIZE][/SIZE][/LEFT]

[LEFT][SIZE=3][SIZE=2]-  add battery percentage.[/SIZE][/SIZE][/LEFT]

[LEFT][SIZE=3][SIZE=2]-  equipped with DLINIT v4.0(modified by freak totally )[/SIZE][/SIZE][/LEFT]

[LEFT][SIZE=3][SIZE=2]-  all work and more smooth.[/SIZE][/SIZE][/LEFT]

[LEFT][SIZE=3][SIZE=2]-  improved battery life[/SIZE][/SIZE][/LEFT]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][B]21/2/2011[/B] [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
     [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][B]v4.1[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[LEFT][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black]- [SIZE=2]fix all the bugs[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/LEFT]

[LEFT][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- update new drivers.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/LEFT]

[LEFT][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- change the kernel back to gpc.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/LEFT]

[LEFT][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- add power notification and battery percentage, and more.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/LEFT]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2]- tune the system performance once again[/SIZE].[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][B]20/2/2011[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][B]v1.2[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- new version of DL Data2SD/Ext4 v3.0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- rafpigna kernel which can be easily changed to another kernel using the Update_DL[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- 2 versions[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]-- v1.2s (stock version)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]-- v1.2t (themed version)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] 

[LEFT][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][B]x/x/2011[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/LEFT]
    [FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][B]ARA v1.1[/B][/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- Based on the official HTC ACE 1.83.415.4 RUU ARA, specific for Arabic, Stock version.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[LEFT][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][B]v2.0[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/LEFT]
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- Based on the very popular Desire HD 1.72.405.3 RUU, Themed similar to Coredriod.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- For ppl like theme, should try this version[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][B]v3.5[/B][/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- update all the drivers, now, the driver for my DHDv1.1, DesireZv3.5 and DHDv2.0 are same version, next time, I may provide only one update package to update all versions.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- Change the kernel to rafpigna 1.7[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- Upgrade my Initrd to v3.0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- add 2 plugins for backup/restore[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- add 1 plugin for rescuing your system once you encounter the boot loop or many FC.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- Patch for TMOUS MMS[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2]btw, am developing the auto-partition function now, will update soon[/SIZE].[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][B]Older versions[/B][/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][COLOR=black]v3.4 final[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- this is considered as the bugfix for v3.3, but due to some fundamental changes, cannot use update mechanism to upgrade it, sorry.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- fix the problem of market download(again)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- fix the problem of HTC sync(should be able to work without install the apk)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- fix the problem of button savior(all button functions)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- fix the potential problem of ppp/rmnet stability[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- fix the potential problem of pc to mobile transfler.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- Recreate the squashed file which contains the full stock apps, nothing removed, with the cost of only 3M increase of system space. (power of squashFS :D )[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- v3.3 users using ext4 or data.img can just flash it without losing anything.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]- Kernel gpc#215[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[/SIZE]

Useful apps : (it can be applied to all my new builds, including: DesireZ v4.1, DesireHD v1.2, DesireARA V1.1(soon.
    smile.gif
    )

HTC news widget.: ( here )

Gingerbread style lock screen ( here )

Droideye bootanimation ( update.BootAnimation.7z )

Special thanks to

wingmann, E Lin, D69K, McNiceGuy, vlad48, RicarduZonta, akshan, Alexei, Kam,
    adeeb, Shane Grosser, Kenneth Davis, Muhammad, Joe, parzifal, F-bone,TruePlaya, Eric, kajos, b0nni....

Prefer you mail to me directly once you have any question, cause I may visit the forum less and less.:)

Thanks to - Cedesmith, Cotulla, ownhere, melethron, ocm, Rajko, LeTama, Hastarin, NetRipper, Markinus, gauner1986, Takaaki, GPC and others I may forgot.
    for making all this happen ;);)

Donations for dandiest (here )

cautation :
    1. this dynamic RAM build can only work on freak kernel v1.3d or later.
    2. can not set ram_data=1 which will worsen the overall performance.
    3. normally, the build can work out of the box without any config.

Thanks and ragards :)
    Hossam Yasser
    THANKS!!!

Already much better, but do we need some screen capture here?

btw, to celebrate this big change of my web page, I will release v4.1 here in a while. :D

thanks again, I like teamwork.
    Tytung's R5 on Ver. 4.1....

the v4.1 is really interesting, somebody got very good result, but some not.

I think it may due to some changes in the new init.

Let's wait for freak fixing the last issue in the init v4.0, it must be able to give this build a new life. :D

Anyone tried Tytung's r6? mind posting here?

I have the update_dl folder from previous kernel update, do i just replace the files in the folder with the one found in a cwm .zip file?

Ok I Installed the Tytung's R5 on 4.1 yesterday and it seems to work reasonably good. WiFi, BT, GPS and Phone data all working fine. At start it seems to be a little slow but after a couple of reboots and letting is settle for some time it has improved a lot.
    Battery life is good as well and I'm getting stable 3-5mA at standby with Phone data and push mails active.
    Anyone who wants to use this Kernel, I am attaching the Update_DL archive with this post which I made to upgrade the Kernel.

I'll test the new ARA 1.2 now :p

Thanks.

Ehsan
    screens.
    @hoss_n2, have sent the download link to you.

@hrockh, thanks, I like the little version. :)

CAP2011022121022.jpg

CAP201102212102.jpg

CAP201102212104.jpg

CAP2011022121021.jpg

CAP2011022121041.jpg
    Linked to the original post

New initv4.1 provide the following features:
    For Nand:
    =================
    format_ext4=1 //will format the 2nd partition with ext4 (recommended for 1st install,
    if you have swap partition, it must be 1 for 1st time installation.)
    format_ext4=9 //which will auto-partition your SDCard to 3 partitions, and auto-format to ext4.
    // the 2nd partition is for data partition which size is according to the data_size, default is 512M.
    //the 3rd partition is for system optimization, system will auto-create it.

swap_mode=1 //will create a vfat swap file to improve the system performance if don't have 3rd partition.
    swap_mode=2 //will move the about 160M squashed.sqsh file from system to data partition to release the system space.
    but you must manually delete the squashed.sqsh file under /system, and keep the swap_mode unchanged.
    swap_mode=3 //will create some cache space in nand part, if encounter the slow response during market download and install,
    can choose this.

Other config:
    =================
    data_size=xxx //when create data.img or 2nd partition, will use the size of xxxM.
    gps_zone: your gps zone country code.
    ppp_mode: 0 will be RMNET mode, 1 for PPP. (for Nand&Magldr, default is RMNET, for SD, default is PPP.)

backup_img=1 //will back the data part to backup.gz file under /Desire_DL
    restore_img=1 //will restore the data part from backup.gz
    repair_mode=1 //will rescue the data partition without losing any app or settings.

sd_boost=1 //may improve the SD performnace for both data.img and 2nd partition, it is very much depend on the SD situation.
    nand_data=1 // will make use of the free space in nand to optimize the data, to improve the performance, but the outcome may different.