[ROM]{AOSP][4.4.2][Unoffical] Mahdi

Search This thread

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
I first would like to say that all credit for this ROM and everything in it belongs to the creator, Mahdi786! He put in all the long hours, days, weeks into this project of his, he deserves all the credit and all the thanks for this ROM! So please lets give a huge thank you to Mahdi786!
THANK YOU!![/CENTER]

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards
 */

Installation instructions
Installing Mahdi-Rom for the first time, or coming from another ROM:
- Make sure you're running Philz 6.07.9 use of any other recovery will not be supported! http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/l900
- Copy GApps and ROM ZIP to your SDCard
- Boot into Recovery
- Format following these instructions http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2648855
- Follow option B instruction set
- Flash Mahdi-Rom zip from SDCard
- Flash GApps zip from SDCard
- DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
- Reboot
- Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!

-InCallUI FC - How to fix this: Open Phone, go to settings, turn reverse lookup off then back on, no more FC ;)

Upgrading from another 4.4 Rom:
- Copy the ROM ZIP to your SDCard
- Boot into Recovery (Please use Philz)
- Choose factory reset then clean to install new rom
- Flash the ROM zip from SDCard
- Reboot

Source
-HERE

Last edited:
Reactions: ColeTrain!

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
Last edited:

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
Features
Will fill in Later

Screen Shots

Preview video

Will work on this tonight and post ASAP

Last edited:

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
Yeah still got it sitting here.......might let the kids duel for it :)

Well you might want to hang on to it for a few days and try out the new builds I have going. With some help from sleshepic I am now on a roll and pumping out a few new things. This one (mahdi) is fully working and I am building a fully working beanstalk atm. Then on to Chaos and then baked KK.

Also unlike most 4.4 KK roms this one (mahdi) has a much louder speaker volume both external and on calls. I am trying to find the exactly what the modifications are so I can add them into all my builds. That way users wont need any add-ons to boost the volume.

ceabbott2

Jul 15, 2010
Henderson, KY
Jlmancuso I found the ROM but which gapps should I use? Just want to make sure I use the right one

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

huytrang90

Dec 22, 2010
Does this one has BT working for music call and car?

I don't have that Philz version which may break some ROM if not follow new chats from Philz.

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
Does this one has BT working for music call and car?

I don't have that Philz version which may break some ROM if not follow new chats from Philz.

Dont have any bluetooth besides another phone so I am not sure. It will do beam which uses nfc and bluetooth transfer so that is all I can say. I do have another user testing those features atm but could use another.

I am posting link in OP to philz goo.im downloads. It will take you directly to our device so there will be no confusion in that area. All his builds will work with 4.4 but only 6.07.09 will work with all android versions.
http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/l900

Last edited:
Reactions: huytrang90

tony45x220

Oct 26, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I'm assuming this is AOSP since people are mentioning GAPPS packages, but I've never heard of this ROM, what's it's unique features compared to let's say AOKP, PACman, Carbon, etc? Just curious

Sent from my Rooted, Suited, and Booted Sprint Galaxy Note II know dat!

qmel777

Oct 16, 2010
Providence
This ROM is nice and fast I've been rocking with it all afternoon my only issue is the camera doesn't work, I've loaded a couple of camera apps from the play store and they don't work either. Bummer.

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
This ROM is nice and fast I've been rocking with it all afternoon my only issue is the camera doesn't work, I've loaded a couple of camera apps from the play store and they don't work either. Bummer.

Something in the source is broken. Tomorrow I will be digging into this and beanstalk. The thing is when working for current sources they are not always 100% usable. Until a stable release is made everything is like a nightly. Things get changed and some changes are not complete. I just have to mix and match different sources or fix the code myself. Since I am just a novice it takes me longer.

You might want to try my ose build. It looks to be fairly bug free so far.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
Will be updating this to a working superuser tonight or tomorrow. Doing chaos right now so hopefully a new op will be up tonight for it.

philseven

Oct 9, 2010
Los Angeles
Will be updating this to a working superuser tonight or tomorrow. Doing chaos right now so hopefully a new op will be up tonight for it.

Thank you, you said the in call volume is loader than the other non tw roms waiting on stable version and will give a go use phone for business and home. Keep up the good work ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Change logs

3-7-13

First build
    Looks like everything works

Downloads

3-7-13 build
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407576813 -- Android File Host
    http://goo.im/devs/jlmancuso/sprint-note-2/mahdi//mahdi_l900-ota-eng.jlmancuso.zip -- Goo.im

New builds will be here http://android.aokforums.com/samsung-note-2-roms-vf4.html

Although I will keep helping with those here on xda
    Yeah still got it sitting here.......might let the kids duel for it :)

Well you might want to hang on to it for a few days and try out the new builds I have going. With some help from sleshepic I am now on a roll and pumping out a few new things. This one (mahdi) is fully working and I am building a fully working beanstalk atm. Then on to Chaos and then baked KK.

Also unlike most 4.4 KK roms this one (mahdi) has a much louder speaker volume both external and on calls. I am trying to find the exactly what the modifications are so I can add them into all my builds. That way users wont need any add-ons to boost the volume.
    Jlmancuso I found the ROM but which gapps should I use? Just want to make sure I got the right one

I will link a few a 4.4 core gapps along with slims gapps. Although any current 4.4 version should be fine.
    I first would like to say that all credit for this ROM and everything in it belongs to the creator, Mahdi786! He put in all the long hours, days, weeks into this project of his, he deserves all the credit and all the thanks for this ROM! So please lets give a huge thank you to Mahdi786!
    THANK YOU!![/CENTER]

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards
     */

Installation instructions
    Installing Mahdi-Rom for the first time, or coming from another ROM:
    - Make sure you're running Philz 6.07.9 use of any other recovery will not be supported! http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/l900
    - Copy GApps and ROM ZIP to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Format following these instructions http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2648855
    - Follow option B instruction set
    - Flash Mahdi-Rom zip from SDCard
    - Flash GApps zip from SDCard
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!

-InCallUI FC - How to fix this: Open Phone, go to settings, turn reverse lookup off then back on, no more FC ;)

Upgrading from another 4.4 Rom:
    - Copy the ROM ZIP to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery (Please use Philz)
    - Choose factory reset then clean to install new rom
    - Flash the ROM zip from SDCard
    - Reboot

Source
    -HERE
    Issues
    GPS
    Superuser
    Themes