[S-OFF] Juopunutbear S-OFF - HTC Amaze 4G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mrmako777

Dec 14, 2010
dragging knee on the track
i have 2nd screen on my phone the only difference i see is "S-ON". but all the other options are same as in the second screen posted by you.

53bc27a9.jpg

Reactions: maydayind

Double0EK

May 13, 2010
I wonder how many people will brick their phone now...lol

Chuck Norris CAN touch MC Hammer! :D

xxquicksh0txx

Jul 17, 2010
Akron, Ohio
Hopefully this draws more devs to the Amaze.

But does s-off really help us with say, Kernel development? Other than more people wanting to help since we have s-off?

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA

tuffCookie

Aug 12, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
dammit...i just picked up a galaxy note this morning (local deal too good to pass up) and am about to sell my amaze to someone tonight.

good grief i'm havin buyers/sellers remorse...

:mad:

Double0EK

May 13, 2010
Not to sound negative or ungreatful...but how is the bootloader still locked on each picture. Maybe S-Off might not need an unlocked bootloader but it looks kinda suspicious to me.

mrmako777

Dec 14, 2010
dragging knee on the track
Not to sound negative or ungreatful...but how is the bootloader still locked on each picture. Maybe S-Off might not need an unlocked bootloader but it looks kinda suspicious to me.

because you dont need an unlocked bootlaoder to get s-off...

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

As soon as this s off method is released I will get going on my rom!

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium

glad to have you here ;)

rbaruch

Dec 17, 2011
Wow... was getting depressed.

No work from Xboarder for a while, no sign of ICS but this made my day. Going to donate as soon as I get paid (broke as hell but you saved me the trouble of selling my phone).

sglscovill

Jan 2, 2011
St. Catharines, ON
Ha, yes very excited! Have a feeling this is gonna be a big week for amaze owners! Can't wait to see the final result. ICS and S-off would make this monster a wet dream!

RavenWulf

Jun 15, 2010
Texas
Was a little disappointed when I saw the "slim pickings" in the Dev section when I was forced to pull the trigger on a new phone when my MT4G died on me. This just shows me even more that I made the right choice in getting the Amaze over just using a dumbphone till the One S is released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Beta Testing Complete....

MOD EDIT:: At globatron's request, there is to be no posting in this thread unless you are directly responding to either fuses or globatron, prior to the official release. This is a development thread, not a lounge.

Amaze4G_SON.jpg
    Amaze4G_SOFF.jpg

Fuses and Globatron
    NO PMs, PMs will not be answered
    Guys, remember my request...no commentary please.

We ask testers to post results...that all, everything else is off topic here.

---------- Post added at 04:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 AM ----------

Testing completed.

Locked and unlocked bootloaders both confirmed.
    Closing the thread makes it more difficult for us to keep our efforts in one place so we would prefer that it remain open.

Please avoid speculating and commenting if at all possible. We will update the first post with progress and/or calls for testers as required. But I will state a couple of things to avoid confusion.

Don't ask for an ETA, we will release when we are happy it is ready (and safe)
    Dont ask for the method or code, we will not release that until HTC blocks the exploit.
    If it is your intention to donate, do not do so before release.
    Don't PM us asking for additional progress/status or information we will keep the threads updated with what information we are willing to release.

Speculation on this helps nobody, not us, and not the Amaze 4G community.

Correcting misinformation also does not help, it just adds to the problem. Please do not post in this thread unless it is in direct response to something either Fuses or I have posted.
    So are we going to need to have linux to obtain S-OFF?

Not in the final release. We are using linux during the test period for ssh access since we are not giving the tool to the test users. It is being run remotely.

When we release it it will work on Linux/Windows/MacOS.
    Whoever unlocked via HTC-Dev or is running a custom ROM *CANNOT* get S-OFF since you already have a unlocked bootloader.

That is completely untrue.