run mini on pc without installing samsung usb drivers

Search This thread

royalasif

May 15, 2011
Mars
hi everyone . i have question Is there any way to connect samsung mini to pc without installing bunch of samsung usb drivers? :) i heard once that there was software which comes for rooted phone that will make ur device that wont need usb drivers installed on pc!!.. im sick of this issue due to i just switched from nokia to samsung and this problem is annoying for me(and im sure for everyone). nokia didn't have this problem!!:( help someone.

Gribonn

Nov 5, 2011
You have to have some kind of drivers. Just download kies and install it, then try to connect your device and the drivers are installed. I saw windows downloading some drivers when I first connected it but idk...
Its one time installation and you don't need to do it again.

Edit: I'm sure nokia had drivers too. They were installed with the pc software.

crazy_k_p

Sep 25, 2011
Bangalore
Nokia supports plug n play on all platforms. But Android supports plug n play only in Linux as Android is Linux. To enable plug n play in windows u need adb(which u call drivers).. Isn't that simple to understand?

Bunnybugs_007

Jul 31, 2010
Dordrecht
www.twitter.com
Not true. Plug and play doesn't mean that it doesn't need the drivers. Actually, my gf's nokia e75 took about 1.5 hours to install drivers, even after installing the pc platform. Point is, the pc needs them to communicate with your device. So, wait once for them to install, and then you are done gor as long that you use this pc, or this mobile device.

But, it might be usefull to install kies from the samsung website... It has a driver package with it. Could speed up the process
Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda premium

royalasif

May 15, 2011
Mars
its impossible to install drivers/sam kies on every computer that i want to connect! coz some times i maybe wish to connect my phone to office pc or cafe etc that i didn't actually have admin access to install drivers/kies ,,yeah Linux os didn't ask for drivers.

Gribonn

Nov 5, 2011
its impossible to install drivers/sam kies on every computer that i want to connect! coz some times i maybe wish to connect my phone to office pc or cafe etc that i didn't actually have admin access to install drivers/kies ,,yeah Linux os didn't ask for drivers.

Do you want to transfer files between computers and your device?
Did you get a micro sd adapter with the phone?
If yes, buy some card reader and plug it in every computer you want.

Shuvo_bd

Sep 16, 2011
Dhaka
install kies in ur pc and after finishing go to the installation directory and there u will find a folder named driver/usb driver.go to the folder and just preserve the file. u can now uninstall kies and from now on u will have to just install the driver file that u extracted from the kies. by this way mini will be connected to ur pc without kies installed.

Gribonn

Nov 5, 2011
install kies in ur pc and after finishing go to the installation directory and there u will find a folder named driver/usb driver.go to the folder and just preserve the file. u can now uninstall kies and from now on u will have to just install the driver file that u extracted from the kies. by this way mini will be connected to ur pc without kies installed.

He wants to connect his device in any computer in the city, even in the computers that he doesnt have admin access.

crazy_k_p

Sep 25, 2011
Bangalore
Seems like you don't...

Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda premium

Well probably u don't know. I won't give any explanation. For the mini to work directly on any pc, u can try pairing it with bluetooth if the pc has one or there is another way which I currently don't remember. Sony xperia phones does not need any drivers, they have an inbuilt app which does the work. If anyone could find out what that app is then the problem is solved. I think its something like 'sync'
Don't remember. :)

Redvelocity

Nov 10, 2011
SwankyShaan

I connect my galaxy mini to any PC i want by turnin on the USB storage mode. We can Transfer files without any card reader or drivers. Only glitch is no access to contacts or inbox but who cares!

Here's how u do it, goto settings->applications->development->enable USB DEBUGGING
Then connect ya phone from data cable, u'll see a usb icon on notification bar click on it n TURN ON USB STORAGE
Simple right?!

P.S:If u don't see a USB icon in notification then enable usb debuggin once again from settings.

Bunnybugs_007

Jul 31, 2010
Dordrecht
www.twitter.com
Well probably u don't know. I won't give any explanation. For the mini to work directly on any pc, u can try pairing it with bluetooth if the pc has one or there is another way which I currently don't remember. Sony xperia phones does not need any drivers, they have an inbuilt app which does the work. If anyone could find out what that app is then the problem is solved. I think its something like 'sync'
Don't remember. :)

That app doesn't seem to support windows 7. My brother in law tried to port it to LG optimus, and to my galaxy mini, but it won't work proper. But, you can always trie to get an app that works with microsoft activesync. That's embedded within windows, so the drivers for that should be found and install fairly quick.

madafakaperverto

May 2, 2012
LOL

hi everyone . i have question Is there any way to connect samsung mini to pc without installing bunch of samsung usb drivers? :) i heard once that there was software which comes for rooted phone that will make ur device that wont need usb drivers installed on pc!!.. im sick of this issue due to i just switched from nokia to samsung and this problem is annoying for me(and im sure for everyone). nokia didn't have this problem!!:( help someone.

Hi mate, follow my method :p

PLUG IN your USB CABLE through behind of your CPU (do not jack your phone 1st)

goto SETTING-APPLICATION-DEVELOPMENT, and UNtick "USB DEBUGGING"

Jack on your USB CABLE, okay, now you will noticed "USB PROMPT" . slide down bar and choose USB DEBUGGING (copy files etc bla bla bla it says) and TURN ON USB STORAGE . you're DONE :p

sayV

May 28, 2012
Mumbai
Plug and play doesn't mean drivers are not there

Do u even know what plug n play means?:p

Plug and play simply means that the drivers are automatically installed as soon as the device is connected.

There is not a single piece of hardware that "does not require drivers" to run as far as i can tell.

Drivers are always required, but u dont need to install them manually in case of plug and play devices.

:cool:

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

try to turn off usb debugging after u connect it. then maybe u'll be able to mount usb storage successfully. well i'm not sure because i've already installed kies but give it a try.

And if it works, do not forget to press THANKS