[Q] [SM-T315] Odin Problem

Search This thread

TGOTM

Apr 25, 2014
I recently received a Galaxy Tab 3 as a gift and I attempted to root it as I would with any other android device.
However, I screwed up and my Tab is soft-bricked.

To remedy my mistakes I attempted to restore the stock rom from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2471516

After following the instructions I came across this error:
8mYjE.png

Any suggestions?

EDIT:Just in case, The USB cable is plugged in directly into the computer and not through a hub.

Last edited:

Brian D

Feb 18, 2014
Oceanside, Ca
Is there a difference between the SM-T315 and the SM-T310? Are they the same device and can the OEM Rom be interchanged between the two? The reason I ask is because the thread title is about the SM-T315 but the rom you are trying to load in Odin (per the image you posted) is for SM-T310. So I am wondering is Odin actually protecting you from doing irrevocable harm to your device?

If everything is OK, then try Odin 3.07. I have seen several posts regarding failed loads with Odin 3.09.

TGOTM

Apr 25, 2014
Is there a difference between the SM-T315 and the SM-T310? Are they the same device and can the OEM Rom be interchanged between the two? The reason I ask is because the thread title is about the SM-T315 but the rom you are trying to load in Odin (per the image you posted) is for SM-T310. So I am wondering is Odin actually protecting you from doing irrevocable harm to your device?

If everything is OK, then try Odin 3.07. I have seen several posts regarding failed loads with Odin 3.09.

Holy crap, you're right.
Do you know where to obtain the SM-T315 stock rom?, I can't seem to find it on this forum.

Last edited:

Brian D

Feb 18, 2014
Oceanside, Ca
The only OEM Rom I found was here. But I did not see and firmware for XAR (Cellular South - US). When you enter the site, click in the search box on the right middle and enter T315 and you will find all the current firmware for your region/country.

Reactions: TGOTM

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The only OEM Rom I found was here. But I did not see and firmware for XAR (Cellular South - US). When you enter the site, click in the search box on the right middle and enter T315 and you will find all the current firmware for your region/country.