OTA Captured 1.55.605.2

Search This thread

buzzer555

May 23, 2014
Hey guys, just got the HTC One m8 after converting from an iphone 4s. I'm completely new to the android scene so I need some advice regarding this update. I bought this verizon phone but I'm using it in a gsm/global country, so I can't apply the update through the standard cmda software update.

Given that the entire phone is basically stock out of the box, how do I go about installing this update? What are my options from here basically? I've read through the entire thread but there hasn't been a post that explained my situation so anyone able to help me out?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this is the OTA for 1.55.605.2 being pushed out from VZW now
    download, exract and place in /cache/fumo to apply update.

changelog is

KEY DEVICE ENHANCEMENTS

• ERI Update to remove the roaming indicator icon displayed
    on some HTC One M8 devices(Out of Box)
    • Resolved issue related to webpage and application connection
    errors in certain conditions
    • Bluetooth® connectivity improvements
    • Gallery- Integrated a new Copy/Paste feature
    • Gallery- Mute/Edit buttons on the Video Highlights tile
    • Improved sync behavior while closing the flip with Dot matrix case

Source : VZW

Link
    vzw_m8_ota_1.55.605.2.zip - 121.45 MB
    OTA will not apply in custom recovery, which is why at the point of posting this i had not applied update yet, i have now applied, ( i have to grab stock recovery and also restore to a stock /system because this patches a lot of files, and there fore before it patches files it checks the hash of the file, and since i heavily moddified my system it would have failed.

now with a stock system and recovery i put the update in location stated in the OP, rebooted and prompted me to install the update.

i am now updated and working on the
    * enable tethering
    * enable all QST
    * and getting Extreme powersaving mode back up and running
    /|\

All my mods have been updated, check corresponding threads
    wait that link to that post says that he doesn't have a custom recovery if I am reading correctly

yes he was stock recovery thats why i said OTA, ota will not apply with custom recovery.. someone will need to make a flashable to use with custom recovery
    inside the ota is a firmware.zip and within it is adsp.img , android.info.txt , boot.img @ 9.7mb , hboot_signedbyaa.img, modem_st1.img modemst2.img radio.img @ 44.8mb rcdata.img rconfig.img recovery.img @17mb rfg_1.img rfg_2.img rpm.img sbl1-1.img sbl1-2.img sbl1-3.img tz.img wcnss.img

I need a stock recovery.. and ROM though =]

was considering using the recovery found in the ota but thought I would just poke around on it instead since I dont know how to return to complete stock yet in case I effup

the recovery instide the firmware.zip is stock.
    also there is a stock recovery posted somewhere before this OTA
    Can you direct me to where I can download xposed and install modules. I have never used it before and am interested in learning. I tried looking but I couldn't find enough info on how to install on the m8

You can start here.