Bright white screen at the start of app

Search This thread

dudelazy

Aug 23, 2010
The app starts with a bright white screen since ver 1.8.11. The white screen lasts for 1 - 2 seconds (or longer if it is just installed). This is so even with the dark theme turned on. It is very painful to the eyes in a dark environment. Please revert back to the behavior as of ver 1.8.10. Thank you.

p.s. I attach the bug report in case it is useful.

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
The app starts with a bright white screen since ver 1.8.11. The white screen lasts for 1 - 2 seconds (or longer if it is just installed). This is so even with the dark theme turned on. It is very painful to the eyes in a dark environment. Please revert back to the behavior as of ver 1.8.10. Thank you.

p.s. I attach the bug report in case it is useful.

Can you try the latest test build from https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/translation/test-build ?
We have improved the startup speed in 1.9.1.

dudelazy

Aug 23, 2010
Thanks for looking into this. I've just tried 1.9.1. Still the same white screen upon startup.

Since you mentioned about the startup speed, I tried to time 1.8.10. The startup speed is about the same as 1.9.1, i.e., the time from pressing the MX Player icon to the time I see the homepage is about the same between the two versions: 1+ sec. However, in 1.8.10, a black screen is shown during that time gap, whereas in 1.9.1 (or since 1.8.11) a white screen is shown. If you can make the black screen come back, that will be kind to my eyes :)

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Thanks for looking into this. I've just tried 1.9.1. Still the same white screen upon startup.

Since you mentioned about the startup speed, I tried to time 1.8.10. The startup speed is about the same as 1.9.1, i.e., the time from pressing the MX Player icon to the time I see the homepage is about the same between the two versions: 1+ sec. However, in 1.8.10, a black screen is shown during that time gap, whereas in 1.9.1 (or since 1.8.11) a white screen is shown. If you can make the black screen come back, that will be kind to my eyes :)

Got your point. Will forward your concern to our developers.

Reactions: dudelazy

paulreminder

Jun 17, 2010
Hi I have exactly the same question. I only noticed this issue while comparing the latest v1.9.24 to previous v1.9.19.

And now the white startup screen has come back again, which is not eye friendly in a dimly-lit environment at all.

I do prefer dark startup screen rather than all white one.

I have attached 2 GIF screenshots for your reference. The dark one is from v1.9.19, while the all white one is from the latest v 1.9.24.

Attachments

• ezgif.com-resize.gif
    ezgif.com-resize.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 31

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Got your point. Will forward your concern to our developers.