[Announcement] MX Player officially gets AC-3 Audio Support

Search This thread

steelgtr

Jan 17, 2014
Ever since the last update ac3 has been broken i was too lazy to find a new codec and instead downloaded and started using this video player has a lot more features https://play.google.com/store /apps/details?id=video.player.videoplayer

Archos Player free with free codec pack working very well too. Simple but impressive.

bob

ZILZALMIX

Feb 22, 2018
Im now almost 100% sure that the developer is laying about AC3 supporting in his app.

He cant get it to work and uses regional patient claim to cover his failure,
and he wont even till which regions are still blocked or enabled which he is the only one who came up with this argument about regional patient.

its now over a year since his first claim about AC3 support and yet its not working.

edit: i found this thing MX Player Pro v1.9.23 Patched (AC3/DTS) , i guess this is what i have been missing.

Last edited:
Reactions: MartyM76

steelgtr

Jan 17, 2014
Im now almost 100% sure that the developer is laying about AC3 supporting in his app.

He cant get it to work and uses regional patient claim to cover his failure,
and he wont even till which regions are still blocked or enabled which he is the only one who came up with this argument about regional patient.

its now over a year since his first claim about AC3 support and yet its not working.

edit: i found this thing MX Player Pro v1.9.23 Patched (AC3/DTS) , i guess this is what i have been missing.

Found it where?

mihalis101

May 30, 2018
I still get the unable to support AC3 message.

Hi, I have version 1.9 of MX Player Pro and I'm still having trouble with videos containing AC3 audio. So I have to use the free version of VLC player which does work. So how is it that a free video player works better than a paid for pro version?

ZILZALMIX

Feb 22, 2018
Hi, I have version 1.9 of MX Player Pro and I'm still having trouble with videos containing AC3 audio. So I have to use the free version of VLC player which does work. So how is it that a free video player works better than a paid for pro version?

i guess because the developer of MX is NOT skilled enough to make it work, and he also making claims about regional patent but also doesn't provide what are these regions.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MX Player team is very happy to announce that we are now adding “AC-3” audio support in our latest version of the app (i.e. MX Player v1.8.17 & MX Player Pro v1.8.16) in most of the regions.

If you have video files with “AC-3” audio, you can now play it without using any third-party / unofficial custom codecs…!

There are no extra efforts required on your end. Just relaunch the app again with working internet. Once, MX Player configuration is updated on your device, it will automatically start working again…!
    When I read that the AC-3 patent expired, MX Player is the first project that came to mind that would benefit from it. I was pretty bummed out when they forced you guys to remove support for the codec, but I'm glad that it's not longer an issue.
    MX Player team is very happy to announce that we are now adding “AC-3” audio support in our latest version of the app

Please.. PLEASE.. Pleeeeease add ChromeCast support.. :fingers-crossed:
    ChromeCast & DTS are the only 2 things that are now missing from the already mammoth great MX Player.. :victory: :highfive:
    I also like to know if this is the case for DTS, too. Or do we still need the custom codec?

(btw. I'm in team Chromecast as well.)

For DTS, you still need a custom codec as it's copyrighted.
    Thank you very much