Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

TheDarkDefender

Aug 5, 2012
Reston, VA
Works on 4.1 AOSP/JB ROMS ONLY

SAMPLE

INSTRUCTIONS:
1.Download the Android 4.2 Launcher apk file and transfer it to a convenient location on your phone.
2.If you are using a Nexus Device or running an AOSP /AOKP based stock Android ROM, you need to be rooted. Download Titanium Backup and uninstall your default Android 4.1 launcher. If you are using an OEM customized ROM, like a Touchwiz based or HTC Sense Based ROM, you can skip Step 2 and move on directly to Step 3.
3.Now using a File explorer like ES File Explorer or Astro, navigate to the location where you had transferred the APK file for the Android 4.2 launcher, in Step 1.
4.Install the Launcher apk, and enjoy the default launcher from the upcoming Android 4.2

APK

Last edited:

override182

Jun 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
override182.net
Can anyone list the differences between this and the one on 4.1 till 4.1.2? Checked the vid (N4) and it looks pretty the same. Just wondering what ive missed or skipped

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
Works just fine on Galaxy Note 4.1.1 TW, but it's a really dumbed down version of Apex and Nova :p

Thanks anyway!

Written and sent by Google Now

lhooipg

Dec 14, 2011
what name shd I rename it to? sorry for the noob question as I'm new to this...tks..

lelandfried

Mar 10, 2011
Visalia
www.lelandfried.com
After much work, I got it working on my AOKP Swagger (by Frankinstine - link in sig).

What I did:

1. Titanium Backup - Backup Launcher
2. Root Explorer - Copy Android-4.2-Launcher.apk to /system/app, set permissions to rw-r--r--
3. Recovery - Nandroid Backup (Just cause)
4. Root Explorer (just open it, so it's in your recents)
5. Titanium Backup - Uninstall Launcher2
6. Root Explorer - rename "Android-4.2-Launcher.apk" to "Launcher2.apk"
7. Root Explorer - select Launcher2.apk and install it.
8. Titanium Backup - Restore Launcher "Data Only" (widgets do not restore)
9. Reboot

Running fine for me now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dibbyo123

RobinKanters

Jun 4, 2012
Why is this so hard for all of you? I'm running CM10, I just did
Code:
adb install 4.2_Launcher2_signed.apk
and it installed.

PsyClip-R

Dec 19, 2009
Warsaw
I just copied it to system/app with original name (4.2...) and after - deleted Launcher2.apk. Reboot and voila - it's done. And icons layout saved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Works on 4.1 AOSP/JB ROMS ONLY

SAMPLE

INSTRUCTIONS:
    1.Download the Android 4.2 Launcher apk file and transfer it to a convenient location on your phone.
    2.If you are using a Nexus Device or running an AOSP /AOKP based stock Android ROM, you need to be rooted. Download Titanium Backup and uninstall your default Android 4.1 launcher. If you are using an OEM customized ROM, like a Touchwiz based or HTC Sense Based ROM, you can skip Step 2 and move on directly to Step 3.
    3.Now using a File explorer like ES File Explorer or Astro, navigate to the location where you had transferred the APK file for the Android 4.2 launcher, in Step 1.
    4.Install the Launcher apk, and enjoy the default launcher from the upcoming Android 4.2

APK
    Devs please for ICS. Thanks! :D

Sent from LG Prada 3.0 ICS 4.0.4
    After much work, I got it working on my AOKP Swagger (by Frankinstine - link in sig).

What I did:

1. Titanium Backup - Backup Launcher
    2. Root Explorer - Copy Android-4.2-Launcher.apk to /system/app, set permissions to rw-r--r--
    3. Recovery - Nandroid Backup (Just cause)
    4. Root Explorer (just open it, so it's in your recents)
    5. Titanium Backup - Uninstall Launcher2
    6. Root Explorer - rename "Android-4.2-Launcher.apk" to "Launcher2.apk"
    7. Root Explorer - select Launcher2.apk and install it.
    8. Titanium Backup - Restore Launcher "Data Only" (widgets do not restore)
    9. Reboot

Running fine for me now.
    This launcher is awesome I have the same and is 100% fluid. Maybe is mine but... do you notice a minimal lag when you exit the Drawer?? When you go back from drawer (where all the apps are) to the Homescreens.
    work great with sony firmware!

Sent from Mayudroid