[Recovery] & [Root]【T210R & T210】 CWM Recovery v6.0.4.9.KK [Unofficial]

Search This thread

user109

Apr 29, 2010
Hi all,

Just wish to know if the T210/T210R CWM is compatible with T215? I have been searched all round but found little tropics related to T215.. I want my old T215 upgrade.

UncleMarty

May 28, 2016
I just picked up a 210 really cheap today for my daughter and managed to root it using this method in almost no time at all! Thanks for the detailed instructions and all your time and effort in helping others with this gr8nole!

rsperson

Aug 17, 2013
Trying to find ANY rom that I can flash - Odin fails with all of them. Samsung USB drivers loaded. Not sure what to try next - oh, recovery is gone too - just keeps saying unauthorized - although I downloaded from this thread. I can get into download more - it just never downloads. Rooted with Kingroot before trying to load.

Samsung galaxy tab 3 7.0" T217A

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
Trying to find ANY rom that I can flash - Odin fails with all of them. Samsung USB drivers loaded. Not sure what to try next - oh, recovery is gone too - just keeps saying unauthorized - although I downloaded from this thread. I can get into download more - it just never downloads. Rooted with Kingroot before trying to load.

Samsung galaxy tab 3 7.0" T217A
Anything you find in this thread is not compatible with your device. It appears you have a T217 and this thread is only for T210 devices.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Recovery] & [Root]【T210R & T210】 CWM Recovery v6.0.4.9.KK [Unofficial]

READ THIS POST BEFORE INSTALLING ANY CUSTOM RECOVERY

Updated to CWM v6.0.4.9.KK on 9-23-14 to cooperate with KitKat bootloader.

Now with SELinux enabled kernel for flashing roms that require it

Click HERE for the latest version.

Compiled from source.

@ketut.kumajaya has provided us with a kernel for CWM recovery.

Please report any bugs here in this thread.

Please take a moment to say thanks and/or donate to @ketut.kumajaya for helping us out.

Thank you to everyone who has (and still will) help in testing!!!!

Credits go to:
    @ketut.kumajaya for getting this initially working (see THIS post)
    @Jamison904 for giving us root
    @hkjr for getting ketut to help
    @k.aibutsu and @Unjustified Dev for there device source work
    and of course Koush and the CyanogenMod team
    @Tomsgt for the video

Link to kernel source https://github.com/kumajaya/android_kernel_samsung_lt02

Watch THIS VIDEO tutorial for a step by step visual guide for performing the instructions listed below (thanks @Tomsgt for the video).

Supplied in 3 formats:
    • Odin flashable tar.md5 (for first time installation)
    • Recovery flashable zip (requires a custom recovery to currently be installed)
    • .img file (for those who use Flashify or other direct methods).

Instructions for Odin: (use the ...tar.md5)
    1. Download ODIN to your computer.
    2. Power off the device.
    3. Restart in "Download Mode" by holding the "HOME" button, "Volume Down" and "Power" all at the same time (for about 5 seconds).
    4. Hit the "Volume Up" to enter download mode.
    5. Start the ODIN exe program. Un-check Auto Reboot. See notes about ODIN below.
    6. Connect the device via USB to your computer. Verify the device shows as "Added" in the Message box. If it doesn't show then you need the Samsung USB drivers (just install KIES to get them).
    7. Select "PDA" then choose the recovery file you want to flash.
    8. Hit "START". Wait for Odin to finish (~10-15 seconds). The message area will display "RES OK" when finished.
    9. Wait for device to restart. Skip this step if you unchecked auto reboot.
    10. Restart directly to recovery mode before rebooting into OS.(Hold POWER, Volume UP, and the HOME button all at the same time. When you see the Samsung Logo, let go of the POWER button, but keep holding the Volume UP and HOME until you see the recovery screen).

After you get the custom recovery working, you can flash the latest SuperSu zip to get root.

Notes about ODIN
    --Make sure that "Re-Partition" is NOT checked.
    --Auto Reboot can be un-checked if CWM doesn't flash correctly on your device. Some have reported that un-checking Auto Reboot fixes this issue. If you un-check Auto Reboot, you will need to reboot the device yourself (refer back to step 10).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Watch this video to learn about the navigation issues and Rainbow Mode: http://youtu.be/iCNdxlNzdBI

If the highlight doesn't move on the recovery menu, the selection actually does change. Go ahead and hit Power to select. If the menu goes blank, just hit Volume Up or Down to get it to reappear.

It appears that the menu navigation issue only happens when you use the button combination to boot into recovery. If you use the Quick Boot app or "adb reboot recovery", it seems to work properly.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Instructions for recovery flashable version:
    1. Boot into your previously installed custom recovery.
    2. Select the Install Zip option.
    3. Find the recovery zip.
    4. Flash.
    5. Reboot recovery.
    6. Enjoy your new recovery.

Flash at own risk!!!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

DOWNLOADS

Click HERE for the latest version.

-
    If you are using the recovery in post #1, then you can skip this post. This post contains modified stock recoveries only.

I recommend all T210R users should flash the newest firmware from Sammobile, ( or just use my pre-rooted version located HERE ).

The modified stock recovery zips below contain a recovery.tar.md5 file that can be flashed using ODIN. These will allow only Google test key signed zips to be flashed. There are two versions, one for the T210R and one for the T210 devices. Both versions work on my T210R, so try whichever one you feel is appropriate.
    Started with #7, it is flipped (left to right) but getting better.

Will test others now.

EDIT: # 6 is the winner...touch works perfect in Aroma File Manager.
    Flip horizontal + swap x,y :good:

As I had expected:
    attachment.php

Time to sleep as a winner :laugh: Thanks @gr8nole.
    I just got CWM booting

Still testing features.
    Updated to 6.0.4.5. Now featuring swipe interface. Check it out and let me know how you like it.

This is the first version I actually compiled fully from source (as opposed to the jenkins builder).:good: