[Easy_Root/Unroot][Any_Oreo/Nougat_Firmware_V4_Bootloaders][Tmp_Twrp_Recovery]

Search This thread

velcrobomb

Mar 24, 2011
don't install that update. It will update your bootloader and you won't be able to get root access again. Look at my previous post.

wtfsnottaken

Nov 27, 2010
Xposed framework on rooted CRI1

I successfully applied this rom and have gained root per thread instructions. I've been reading up on Xposed and understand only a few of the benefits that can be achieved by installing this; what are the some of the more important reasons people put this software on their rooted devices and in relation to this particular ROM/root method, what is the preferred procedure in installing Xposed, in my case, rooted CRI1 [Oreo] Verizon rom.

poo706

Apr 8, 2011
I would like to remove Root Control and bring back icons for SuperSU and the other 3 apps under "useful apps". How have those 4 apps been hidden, I can't bring them back no matter what I do!

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
I would like to remove Root Control and bring back icons for SuperSU and the other 3 apps under "useful apps". How have those 4 apps been hidden, I can't bring them back no matter what I do!

Those are modified apps and thats why they are controlled by the rom control apps too keep people like your self from going rouge and installing stuff that will hurt your phone. The regular su app will bootloop your phone the regular flashfire app it just won’t work and the other apps have modified scripts to work with the s7 root

Sent using some kind of device I modified

poo706

Apr 8, 2011
Those are modified apps and thats why they are controlled by the rom control apps too keep people like your self from going rouge and installing stuff that will hurt your phone. The regular su app will bootloop your phone the regular flashfire app it just won’t work and the other apps have modified scripts to work with the s7 root

Haha, fair enough. Thanks for the quick reply!

Quick question, could you install magisk with this considering you can get into twrp? I think no because I believe magisk uses the boot partition to be systemless and that is still locked and can't be unlocked. But if you tried to install it would anything happen, or would the boot process just overwrite it and nothing would happen?

zfk110

Jan 11, 2014
Atlanta
Beware If you update V9 or higher bootloader then rooting and everything will not work. You will be stuck on stock possibly for good

Hi, can you convert this G930UUEU8CRJ2 phone which is originally is G930U into G930V? since on my G930U I don't get visual voicemail and SMS on my Verizon

Dec 8, 2015
Hello,
Ive tried to root a few times now and I keep getting the USER ERROR, UPLOAD MODE or sometimes when attempting to hijack and run TWRP, im just given a black screen. Any thoughts?

EDIT: To detail, the current error is
User Fault!
Set CP DEBUG
rdx_init!

last_ns:0x6c

Wait...
Done!

Last edited:

GXDA3

Jul 11, 2016
LG K20 Plus

What if my bootloader version is just the letter A?

Reactions: Deristotle
I downloaded the G930VVRS4CRI1_G930VVZW4CRI1_VZW_Verizon_USA_v8.0_Oreo.zip this morning and saw it contains the same 5 files as the firmware available on sammobile.com. I gathered from posts within this thread that previous firmware zip files contained the U firmware modems file. Is there any benefit to using the U modem file in place of the VZW modem file?

Never mind, I see I have the U modem.

Last edited:

Warlord Wrex

Nov 5, 2019
cant unzip abd

im very new to rooting and im trying to follow the instructions but it says to unzip the abd tools folder and it wont let me. please send help

billa

Mar 30, 2006

You can use a shortcut app lick Quick Shortcut Maker, search for SuperUser or SuperSU, then make a shortcut onto your desktop. ;)

@jrkruse
If you ever get bored try to make a pre-rooted rom/safestrap recovery (course no bootloader unlock) for the G930U/G935U with the latest firmware UUESACSI1 (Aug 27 2019), since it looks like Samsung has stopped updating this phone, or better yet a root-patcher for a stock sytem.img like you did for the G950/N950. I have uploaded the latest eng-boot vA/10 here: https://xdaforums.com/sho...postcount=1826

Last edited:

skankpit

Aug 22, 2016
I tried flashing the root file in Odin, it fails and I get this message on the phone:

SW REV CHECK FAIL: [boot]Fused 11 > Binary 1
here's my info:
  • Phone: Galaxy S7 (ATT)
  • Current ROM: 8.0.0 / R16NW / G930UUESBCTA3
  • Flash app: Odin 3.13.1
  • Flash File: AP_ROOT_G930_OREO.tar (in the AP slot)
I think it originally had a G930A ROM, but I might have replaced it a while ago with a G930U.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

I tried flashing the root file in Odin, it fails and I get this message on the phone:

here's my info:
  • Phone: Galaxy S7 (ATT)
  • Current ROM: 8.0.0 / R16NW / G930UUESBCTA3
  • Flash app: Odin 3.13.1
  • Flash File: AP_ROOT_G930_OREO.tar (in the AP slot)
I think it originally had a G930A ROM, but I might have replaced it a while ago with a G930U.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
This just means that you're on the latest revision of the bootloader which is locked. I'm in the same predicament, but the only rootable devices at this point are those that are on bootloader version 8 or earlier. If someone leaks the engineering boot for Version 11, then let me know, but as far as I know, it has not happened yet.

jestlerphone

Mar 19, 2022
I know this is old, but i failed on Odin, for some reason

nvm i had the same problem as the person above

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra

CuriousFox446

Aug 15, 2021
Sorry if this is a dumb question, I read that the bootloader is locked but now I see that you're still able to open twrp on it. So why has no one tried to port or flash custom roms like LineageOS?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EASY ROOT/UNROOT FOR S7 OR S7E ALL NOUGAT OR OREO STOCK ROMS
    THANKS @klabit87 FOR OREO ROOT
    TEMPORARY TWRP RECOVERY VIA ADB THANKS TO @afaneh92

This is for AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon and Sprint running V4 bootloaders only!​

This tool will allow you too easily root any stock rom allowing you to make any modifications you might want then easily unroot for better performance
    This will Also give you a fully functional TWRP recovery that can be accessed via adb. TWRP is fully functional on OREO Roms but is limited on Nougat roms
    The initial setup does require a data wipe.​

S7 G930V Flat Odin Factory FIrmware Downloads
    G930VVRS4CRI1_G930VVZW4CRI1_VZW_Verizon_USA_v8.0_Oreo.zip

ADB_Root Temporary Twrp Tool Download
    S7_S7E_ROOT_UNROOT_ADB_TOOLS.7z

S7 G935 Edge Root/Unroot Odin Files Downloads
    These Files Are Needed To Unroot Your Phone
    SM_G935_EDGE_OREO.7z
    SM_G935_EDGE_NOUGAT.7z

S7 G930 Flat Root/Unroot Odin Files Downloads
    These Files Are Needed To Unroot Your Phone
    SM_G930_FLAT_OREO.7z
    SM_G930_FLAT_NOUGAT.7z

Instructions
    1. Download S7_S7E_ROOT_UNROOT_ADB_TOOLS.7z and your model and version you want from above
    2. Unzip S7_S7E_ROOT_UNROOT_ADB_TOOLS.7z to S7_S7E_ROOT_UNROOT_ADB_TOOLS folder
    3. Unzip the Model/Version file you downloaded and copy the files to the S7_S7E_ROOT_UNROOT_ADB_TOOLS folder and place them in the Odin folder
    4. Prepare your phone for a data wipe
    5. Reboot your phone to download mode and flash the AP_ROOT_G93*.tar in the Odin AP slot and reboot your phone to recovery
    6. Once phone is in recovery run the Setup.exe in the S7_S7E_ROOT_UNROOT_ADB_TOOLS folder
    7. Now in the cmd window make sure your device is connected and choose Option (1) Launch TWRP
    8. Your phone should launch TWRP leave phone plugged in and command window open on computer
    9. Now In Twrp choose wipe and choose format data. Type yes in the box when it ask
    10. Now in cmd window choose Option(8) Push Root.zip to Phone
    11. Now in TWRP choose install and select the Root.zip
    12. After zip is installed reboot and go through setup.
    13. Once through setup make sure you are rooted

To Unroot Your Phone
    1. In the Root Control app choose phone settings and unroot phone make sure phone is connected to computer
    2. Now depending on the type of root you choose your phone will reboot to download if you chose system root or stock recovery if you chose systemless root. If your phone reboots to download mode skip to number 5
    3. If your phone reboots to recovery once your phone is in recovery run the Setup.exe in the S7_S7E_ROOT_UNROOT_ADB_TOOLS folder
    4. In cmd window choose Option(3) Unroot phone will reboot too download mode
    5. In Odin BL slot choose the BL_G93*_DELETE_CACHE.tar and flash phone will reboot to recovery and say processing update then get an error and strart rebooting recovery
    6. Let recovery bootloop at least once thin force phone back to download mode
    7. In Odin AP slot flash BL_ENTER_ENG_RECOVERY_G930.tar and flash phone will reboot to recovery with a bunch of red cache errors
    8. In recovery choose wipe cache then reboot back to bootloader from recovery
    9. In Odin BL slot choose BL_OREO_STOCK_G93*.tar for Oreo or BL_RESET_DM_VERITY_G93*.tar for Nougat and flash
    10. This is important as soon as odin is done flashing and phone powers off immediately hold buttons to force phone to recovery
    11. When phone reboots to recovery you will get no command error then when phone shows recovery options in black box at very botton it should say Successfully verified. If it says unsuccessful or failed then start at number 5 again. If successful and on oreo you are done.
    12. If on Nougat and successful from recovery reboot to bootloader in Odin BL slot flash BL_NOUGAT_STOCK_G93*.tar

To Reroot Your Phone
    1. Reboot to download in Odin AP slot flash AP_ROOT_G93***.tar
    2. Phone will reboot then will reboot one more time and you will be rerooted

To Enter TWRP When Rooted
    Remember with Nougat TWRP cannot mount data because of encryption so some zips wont work
    1. Manually reboot phone to recovery launch Setup.exe in the S7_S7E_ROOT_UNROOT_ADB_TOOLS folder and choose Option(1) Launch TWRP
    2. To Exit TWRP simply choose reboot

To Enter TWRP When Unrooted
    Remember with Nougat TWRP cannot mount data because of encryption so some zips wont work
    1. Put phone in download mode In Odin AP slot flash AP_ROOT_G93***.tar force phone to reboot to recovery. If you let phone boot it will reroot and you will have to run the unroot from the root control app.
    2. In recovery launch Setup.exe in the S7_S7E_ROOT_UNROOT_ADB_TOOLS folder and choose Option(1) Launch TWRP.
    3. Do whatever you need too do
    4. To exit Twrp choose reboot to Download
    5. In Odin BL slot choose the BL_G93*_DELETE_CACHE.tar and flash phone will reboot to recovery and say processing update then get an error and strart rebooting recovery
    6. Let recovery bootloop at least once thin force phone back to download mode
    7. In Odin AP slot flash BL_ENTER_ENG_RECOVERY_G930.tar and flash phone will reboot to recovery with a bunch of red cache errors
    8. In recovery choose wipe cache then reboot back to bootloader from recovery
    9. In Odin BL slot choose BL_OREO_STOCK_G93*.tar for Oreo or BL_RESET_DM_VERITY_G93*.tar for Nougat and flash
    10. This is important as soon as odin is done flashing and phone powers off immediately hold buttons to force phone to recovery
    11. When phone reboots to recovery you will get no command error then when phone shows recovery options in black box at very botton it should say Successfully verified. If it says unsuccessful or failed then start at number 5 again. If successful and on oreo you are done.
    12. If on Nougat and successful from recovery reboot to bootloader in Odin BL slot flash BL_NOUGAT_STOCK_G93*.tar
    Beware If you update V9 or higher bootloader then rooting and everything will not work. You will be stuck on stock possibly for good
    Thanks brother worked perfect!

I fixed the files in the OP so you can redownload and name will be correct now

Works perfect and love having TWRP just for everyone else DO NOT use the 1st link it will download the G935V firmware which will not flash for the S7 flat.
    Sorry, stupid question I can't find an answer to. How do I tell what bootloader I am on?
    5th to last number in your build
    G930XXXX4XXXX