[TUT] Turn on phone without power button. [Broken power button] (HARDWARE)

Search This thread

vich32

Jan 18, 2012
Quick explanation
Ok so i had the bootloop problem with my Infuse , i fixed it by opening my phone and playing with the power button hardware.
I accidently broke the power button , I looked for hours for a way to turn on my phone with out a power button with no success until i found tried this:

TUTORIAL STARTS HERE

1. Enter Download mode by holding both volume rockers and inserting a USB cable while still holding

2. Get to the screen that asks you if continue with Download Mode or not.

3. Remove USB cable and click the 2nd option.

4. Phone will restart and that's how you turn on a phone with no power button.

Hope it helped some people.

foundboy

Jun 12, 2014
my touch

Quick explanation
Ok so i had the bootloop problem with my Infuse , i fixed it by opening my phone and playing with the power button hardware.
I accidently broke the power button , I looked for hours for a way to turn on my phone with out a power button with no success until i found tried this:

TUTORIAL STARTS HERE

1. Enter Download mode by holding both volume rockers and inserting a USB cable while still holding

what about lg mytouch e-739

Reactions: drewct

OfficerJimLahey

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 12, 2014
Sunnyvale
www.chebucto.ns.ca

I think only Samsung uses "Download Mode". LG probably has Fastboot like most other Android devices (Vol-Dn + Pwr). But you can try it - it won't hurt.

EDIT: Finally got an LG device. It does indeed have Download mode (and no Fastboot...Vol-Dn+Pwr brings me to a scaled back bootloader). Don't know if if asks to continue or not, but Download Mode doesn't hurt the phone unless you are potentially flashing software with it.

Last edited:

iRyanSparkz

Aug 20, 2014
iTs working!! on Motorola Razr xt910

Android 2.2 and is working! After the phone turn on I was downloaded the app pwr bottom to volume key! And that is all okkk!

But take care after press (down and up) if you press up Inside tthe download mode this mean select! And on my first time I have take the recovery mode! xD

Good loooook!

tusharg

Oct 27, 2010
Mumbai
Quick explanation

TUTORIAL STARTS HERE

I have samsung galaxy y running android 2.3.6. will this work on it as my power button is not working.

drewct

Dec 5, 2013
Quick explanation

TUTORIAL STARTS HERE

Hello mate!!! Thanks for the post but i have problems here. First of all my phone (Galaxy Wonder) goes into download mode by pressing volume down + home btn + power button, so i though instead of the volume rockets i had to press volume down + power button and then usb cable. It worked. Got into download mode!!! Then i remove the cable, wait a few seconds and then press down to cancel and restart. Then it happens that the screen shows a grey battery, then it fades out and back in for twice. Then the phone just turns off. Battery is charged! What could be the problem? (I have to say i just completely removed the power button from the motherboard, but keeping the metal things that were around it still soldered on the motherboards.
Any guess???
Thanks a lot

iamnipun

Apr 3, 2015
Quick explanation

TUTORIAL STARTS HERE

Great... that helped.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Quick explanation

TUTORIAL STARTS HERE

you can also try a re-map.
    thread started by MrKickstand:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1996709

you can also try to use the volume button parts to replace the power button...or order a new power button
    my touch

Quick explanation

TUTORIAL STARTS HERE