Need Beta testers for a Mac SBF Flasher

Search This thread

G7man

May 5, 2011
Hi, guys. I am a new member here at XDA and would like some people to test a version of Darkonion's Dosbf script modified for Macs. I have tested this this with my Mac, and a Droid X, and everything has gone wonderfully. I need to verify that it actually works with other Macs, so if anyone would like to help me out here, I would be very grateful.

Remember to wipe data/cache after SBF to be safe.

If you've gotten the message "error: no sbf_flash program" then you'll need to restart terminal and run the command "./sbf_flash droid2.sbf" after you cd to the SBF_Flasher_1.4 directory.

Update: SBF_Flasher_1.4
MAJOR UPDATE: Using the right sbf_flash finally. If for some reason this zip doesn't work, go here:
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/d...-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html

Attachments

• SBF_Flasher_1.4.zip
    56.7 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:

bigoz71

May 21, 2011
stuck trying to flash

I keep getting this message when in terminal

Press any number or letter key, then enter to continue.

l
Error: No sbf_flash program
Exiting

G7man

May 5, 2011
I keep getting this message when in terminal

l
Exiting

If that happens, it basically means that the sbf_flash file is not an executable. Try this.

In terminal, type "chmod +x" and leave a space, then open the SBF_Flasher_1.3 folder and drag sbf_flash into terminal. Here's how it should look.

chmod +x /location of folder/SBF_Flasher_1.3/sbf_flash"

you don't have to put the SBF file on your sdcard, you just copy it to the SBF_Flasher folder on your computer and rename it droid2.sbf

Last edited:

RockTheRed52

May 21, 2011
i get to the point when it says "Press any number or letter key, then enter to continue" when i press a number or letter it gives me an error saying "Error: No sbf_flash program" any insight on what i may be doing wrong?

Edit:
tried the above instructions, and still not working. my phone has been stuck in bootload all day :-(

Last edited:

G7man

May 5, 2011
i get to the point when it says "Press any number or letter key, then enter to continue" when i press a number or letter it gives me an error saying "Error: No sbf_flash program" any insight on what i may be doing wrong?

Edit:
tried the above instructions, and still not working. my phone has been stuck in bootload all day :-(

Make sure you pull the battery in between trying, otherwise you'll have to find another battery.
What phone and software version are you running? Did you get the correct SBF file?

Last edited:

RockTheRed52

May 21, 2011
Make sure you pull the battery in between trying, otherwise you'll have to find another battery.
What phone and software version are you running? Did you get the correct SBF file?

im using a D2 with the gingerbread leak, i was installing apex2.0 however me being careless downloaded the DX version by accident. then all hell broke lose lol.
im pretty sure i downloaded the correct SBF file. however if you have you prefer i would like to know :)

G7man

May 5, 2011
im using a D2 with the gingerbread leak, i was installing apex2.0 however me being careless downloaded the DX version by accident. then all hell broke lose lol.
im pretty sure i downloaded the correct SBF file. however if you have you prefer i would like to know :)

Well, I don't own a D2, so here is all I can say.

1. Make sure you chmod +x both the sbf_flash and the SBF_Flasher.sh files

2. Download the 2.3.20 SBF, or whatever the most current one is and copy it to the SBF_Flasher folder. Rename the sbf "droid2.sbf" case-sensetive and without quotes

3. Run SBF_Flasher.sh and tell me at what point it errors, and what it says.

RockTheRed52

May 21, 2011
Well, I don't own a D2, so here is all I can say.

1. Make sure you chmod +x both the sbf_flash and the SBF_Flasher.sh files

2. Download the 2.3.20 SBF, or whatever the most current one is and copy it to the SBF_Flasher folder. Rename the sbf "droid2.sbf" case-sensetive and without quotes

3. Run SBF_Flasher.sh and tell me at what point it errors, and what it says.

this is where i am getting stuck at

chmod +x /Users/alkap16/Desktop/SBF_Flasher_1.3/sbf_flash 1
Exiting

although i am not sure if i am "chmod +x" the SBF_Flasher.sh file correctly.

sorry for all this this is my first time doing anything like this on my phone or computer.

G7man

May 5, 2011
this is where i am getting stuck at

chmod +x /Users/alkap16/Desktop/SBF_Flasher_1.3/sbf_flash 1
Exiting

although i am not sure if i am "chmod +x" the SBF_Flasher.sh file correctly.

sorry for all this this is my first time doing anything like this on my phone or computer.

Ok, you need to chmod both files before running the SBF_Flasher.sh file. Also, it should look like "chmod +x /users/alkap16/Desktop/SBF_Flasher_1.3/sbf_flash". make sure the file name is sbf_flash, not sbf_flash 1. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App

RockTheRed52

May 21, 2011
finally got everything to work. but when the sbf is done flasing im still stuck in the bootloader with no no way of getting into recovery mode.

craig_s

May 5, 2011
I've been trying it, and I'm getting the same error for no sbf_flash program. I've tried chmod +x on both sbf_flash and SBF_FLASHER.sh

any ideas?

The other one you posted last is still a no go, as my mac can't burn disks.

G7man

May 5, 2011
I've been trying it, and I'm getting the same error for no sbf_flash program. I've tried chmod +x on both sbf_flash and SBF_FLASHER.sh

any ideas?

The other one you posted last is still a no go, as my mac can't burn disks.

You should definitely download sbf_flash from blog.opticaldelusion.org and see if that works. It's probably an issue with you not doing "chmod +x" right. I would try typing "chmod +x" leaving a space, and dragging sbf_flash into terminal. If all else fails, get your hands on a Windows machine, or use a VM, but I've never had success with VM's. Let me know what happens.

-G7man

craig_s

May 5, 2011
Giving it a second go (I had my brother fix it last time, he doesn't want to do it this time). Should I replace sbf_flash that I downloaded with the old one?

Edit: still doesn't work!!! You wouldn't happen to know how to put 1kdStaz's liveboot onto an external hdd, or how to partition my hdd to boot off of that?

Last edited:

G7man

May 5, 2011
Giving it a second go (I had my brother fix it last time, he doesn't want to do it this time). Should I replace sbf_flash that I downloaded with the old one?

Edit: still doesn't work!!! You wouldn't happen to know how to put 1kdStaz's liveboot onto an external hdd, or how to partition my hdd to boot off of that?

I know you can boot off of a usb drive, but I'm not the person to talk to for that kind of thing. I'd recommend talking to 1KDS, he's really nice.

- G7man

JimAtKSF

Sep 2, 2011
Try chmod 777 on the sbf_flash file, that worked for me...

Although, I have another question, does the sbf_flash file require an Intel based system? I'm using a PowerMac G5 with PPC processors and I get

./sbf_flash: line 3: /tmp/sbf_flash_754_746/Darwin: Bad CPU type in executable