[A700] EasyRoot 2.0

Search This thread

michaelrj9

Feb 27, 2007
I'm new to this and wanted to download easyroot 2.0 and it is giving me a Not found 404 error. Can someone please upload it again.

Thanks

sean9891

Apr 11, 2018
Easyroot 2.0 link

Tom, Any chance of an up to date link for Easyroot 2.0 or PM me with it?
I cant find this anywhere.
Cheers

TomONeill

Dec 4, 2008
Snap. I lost the file myself due to a hard drive crash. I won't be able to provide you guys with a new link/attachment. Sorry :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *** CAUTION ***
    *** FOR A700 ONLY ***
    *** FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK ***

I've been getting back into the swing of thing's and decided to upload these insecure boot images for you all
    The boot ramdisk is based on the EMEA.GB Jelly Bean ROM but should work for all A700's

About EasyRoot:
    • Patched Based on latest RV10RC01.EMEA.GB
    • Fully insecure boot.img
    • Full ADB access to /system
    • Installs latest cwm
    • Installs su and busybox
    • Can also be used to FULLY remove root (Does not relock bootloader)

You need:
    • Acer Iconia Tab A700 with an unlocked bootloader & already be running Jelly Bean

How to use:
    • Download zip and extract it on your computer
    • Run the included easyroot.bat
    • Follow onscreen intructions

Download:

Thanks to:
    • Moscow Desire
    • pawitp
    • chainfire
    • plus all those who helped to crack open the A700
    I'm new to this and wanted to download easyroot 2.0 and it is giving me a Not found 404 error. Can someone please upload it again.

Thanks

Here you go:
    http://www50.zippyshare.com/v/73471463/file.html

Edit April 2018:
    Link's broken. I don't have the file anymore so can't reshare. So sorry!
    Hi,

this seem very attravtive, thanks for putting this together. I have a few questions for you. Bearing in mind that I start from a 100% stock JB A700:

- Will any of the install steps wipe data / settings on my system ?
    - Will it prevent futur OTAs ?
    - Is there there a way to go back to stock if we do this ?

thanks for your help!

I think I can answer.
    1. Shouldn't effect current install. It's a boot.img only and CWM if you don't have it.
    2. Yes. Unlocked bootloaders and rooting will make future OTA's inoperable. You will get a message stating "unfortunately you can not receive OTA. Please contact Acer". or something like that.
    3. There's always a way to go back to stock. Typically it involves installing a stock rom, which of course will clean all your user data and such.

MD
    I think I can answer.
    1. Shouldn't effect current install. It's a boot.img only and CWM if you don't have it.
    2. Yes. Unlocked bootloaders and rooting will make future OTA's inoperable. You will get a message stating "unfortunately you can not receive OTA. Please contact Acer". or something like that.
    3. There's always a way to go back to stock. Typically it involves installing a stock rom, which of course will clean all your user data and such.

MD

Spot on,
    Why go back to stock? Any ota ill be repacking so it can be flashed via cwm

Sent from my EndeavorU using xda app-developers app
    If my bootloader is already unlocked and I have a previous Recovery on the tablet, do I still need to install CWM BEFORE I boot to Recovery adn install the boot.zip file?

Depends on your version of the ""previous recovery"". Seems there are many in the past 3 months. Some of them. were "brick-makers".

Generally, you are safe to "install zip only".

MD