[?] How do you "sign" a .zip file?

Search This thread

The Jero

May 1, 2010
San Francisco
I grabbed a ROM from here and deleted some unwanted apps, and added a couple that I wanted so I wouldnt have to do it after I flashed and zipped it back up. When going to flash it to my phone I get a "E: No signature (830 files)... E: Verification failed. Installation aborted."

Im very new to all this so please dont flame me. Is it simple enough to sign & verify it so I can flash it, or will I have to flash the original and uninstall the unwanted apps via adb?

Thanks in advance.

:D

Jus10o

Mar 11, 2010
I grabbed a ROM from here and deleted some unwanted apps, and added a couple that I wanted so I wouldnt have to do it after I flashed and zipped it back up. When going to flash it to my phone I get a "E: No signature (830 files)... E: Verification failed. Installation aborted."

Im very new to all this so please dont flame me. Is it simple enough to sign & verify it so I can flash it, or will I have to flash the original and uninstall the unwanted apps via adb?

Thanks in advance.

:D

You can sign it and then flash. Try this
http://androidforums.com/developer-101/8665-how-signing-roms.html

HeroMeng

Jan 16, 2010
The Bowels Of Hell
Thanks man! I got it all resigned and went to flash but now it got all the way to "Installing update..." then I recieved a "E:Can't find update script Installation aborted."

I guess I'm going to have to do a lot of forum searching and reading to get this running!

You need to zip the contents of the rom folder, and not the folder itself. Go into the ROM folder, select all the files (system, boot.img, meta-inf, etc) and zip it that way. Then, sign THAT zip, and you're good to go.

Reactions: OMGitsbagno

pkopalek

Feb 11, 2010
Buffalo, NY
You need to zip the contents of the rom folder, and not the folder itself. Go into the ROM folder, select all the files (system, boot.img, meta-inf, etc) and zip it that way. Then, sign THAT zip, and you're good to go.

I'm editing the update-script with Word Pad, then re-saving it. Is this the wrong way to do it?

I'm getting an error (Status 6) when I run my .zip update, every time.

Choastheory

Mar 29, 2022
Angola
I'm trying to make a file package that will install a file manager and terminal emulator. The device only reads a file package that has am zip md5 and zip sig. Can anyone help me set up something like this

Top Liked Posts