[APP/TOOL] xUltimate

Search This thread

wicked_beav

Feb 20, 2009
Detroit, Michigan
This is generously brought to you by a good friend Xeudoxus over on DroidForums.net Please feel free if you do enjoy his app/tool and what not definitely feel free to throw him a couple bucks for his hard work. He's definitely a huge plus to our community.

DONATE HERE

Alright xUltimate has been updated to v2 What this means is that you do not need your phone connect to your computer to deodex. So you can just manually place the .odex files in (\origi_frame\) and (\origi_app\) and it will deodex. You can also transfer the .odex files from your phone like the last version.

It should not be as buggy as before. Also some of the features still have not been updated yet for newer roms. (I will be working on this in the next couple days to try and bring the "patches" up to speed)

I have added some standalone tools (Tools that do not need to be in the main xUltimate dir)

On most of the xUltimate standalone's I have added some example files in the .zip's so you can see how it operates.

Also Ill be posting the old change log for xUltimate main (When I find it lol , I saved it from google cache after it was lost)

-Matt

--INFO--
xUltimate Main v2.1 has been updated for android 2.2 (It should be able to deodex 2.2/froyo) Tested on Nexus Froyo (Only had a problem with Bluetooth.odex <-- But thats a issue with the framework.jar) Clock colors and clock remove have been updated for froyo. Other features will be updated in time.

xUltimate Color Converter will convert hex color codes to the proper binary color code for editing colors in smali
Usage: xUltimate-CC {RRGGBB}

xUltimate Theme/MM Optimizer will opt_png and zip_align all .png's and .apk's in a MM .zip or update.zip or whatever .zip (It will also remove any .db files)

xUltimate Draw9Patch Compiler will compile correctly made .9.png's so you dont have to use eclipse or motodevtools anymore. Look at the example files in the .zip and you'll see how to process your entire theme at once if you wanted.

Go here to DOWNLOAD

Last edited:

mr.megi

Jun 9, 2010
i tryed to use this but i have xp x32 so i get a error , does some know how to fix this ?

Thanks

Domush

Jun 3, 2007
Central USA
I get an error when it tries to deodex the framework.jar:

UNEXPECTED TOP-LEVEL ERROR:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
at org.jf.dexlib.ItemFactory.makeItem(ItemFactory.java:43)
at org.jf.dexlib.IndexedSection.readItems(IndexedSection.java:48)
at org.jf.dexlib.Section.readFrom(Section.java:143)
at org.jf.dexlib.DexFile.<init>(DexFile.java:431)
at org.jf.dexlib.Code.Analysis.ClassPath.loadBootClassPath(ClassPath.jav
a:216)
at org.jf.dexlib.Code.Analysis.ClassPath.initClassPath(ClassPath.java:14
5)
at org.jf.dexlib.Code.Analysis.ClassPath.InitializeClassPath(ClassPath.j
ava:131)
at org.jf.baksmali.baksmali.disassembleDexFile(baksmali.java:103)
at org.jf.baksmali.main.main(main.java:278)
Press any key to continue . . .

Any thoughts as to how to increase the heap size so it doesn't die?

bames

Oct 24, 2010
anyone have an issue after deodexing?

specifics:

everything completed successful but now when mounting phone it sees the internal SD as a write protected CD drive.

sugarmurali

Jul 11, 2010
Singapore
I'm using xUltimate 2.3.3 for Samsung Galaxy SL GT-i9003. I'm facing the below error when running with option 3

Starting BuddiesNow.odex
* Deodexing... *
* Redexing... *
* Processing... *
* Compressing/Aligning... *
BuddiesNow.apk Finished!

Starting CallSetting.odex
* Deodexing... *
* Redexing... *
out\com\sec\android\app\callsetting\voicecall\CallBarring.smali[0,0] null
* Processing... *
The system cannot find the file specified.
Press any key to continue . . .

Please help me to fix the same. I've found some APK files under the origi_app with no *.odex file with the same name as the *.apk file. I've removed them from the origi_app folder to force the option 3 run to complete. But the process stops even for some APK files has ODEX files. There were 145 APK and 105 ODEX files under origi_app folder. Made as 105 APK and ODEX files, but still the option 3 run didn't succeed.

braschlosan

Sep 11, 2009
OnePlus 8T
I believe I am having a problem with Xultimate. I have tried deodexing a single file (services.jar) and even with no modifications the phone will not boot. I made sure to chown and chmod it back to original but it also didn't make a difference.

I then tried to deodex with xultimate and reodex with dexopt-wrapper without making changes and not only can the phone not boot but the resulting services.odex is a different size with different contents from the original.

I believe something is wrong with the version of Xultimate I am using. You can read my thread about it here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=27289379

edit: here is the explanation of the dexopt-wrapper tool for reodexing files http://themikmik.com/showthread.php...w-About-adb-odex-themes-etc&p=75225#post75225

Last edited:

The Poetic Vampire

Sep 5, 2011
Error while deodexing

I'm getting this error while deodexing a Samsung Exhibit II...

Starting AccountAndSyncSettings.odex
* Deodexing... *

UNEXPECTED TOP-LEVEL EXCEPTION:
org.jf.dexlib.Util.ExceptionWithContext: regCount does not match the number of arguments of the method
at org.jf.dexlib.Util.ExceptionWithContext.withContext(ExceptionWithContext.java:54)
at org.jf.dexlib.Code.InstructionIterator.IterateInstructions(InstructionIterator.java:92)
at org.jf.dexlib.CodeItem.readItem(CodeItem.java:154)
at org.jf.dexlib.Item.readFrom(Item.java:76)
at org.jf.dexlib.OffsettedSection.readItems(OffsettedSection.java:48)
at org.jf.dexlib.Section.readFrom(Section.java:143)
at org.jf.dexlib.DexFile.<init>(DexFile.java:431)
at org.jf.baksmali.main.main(main.java:265)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: regCount does not match the number of arguments of the method
at org.jf.dexlib.Code.Format.Instruction3rc.checkItem(Instruction3rc.java:129)
at org.jf.dexlib.Code.Format.Instruction3rc.<init>(Instruction3rc.java:79)
at org.jf.dexlib.Code.Format.Instruction3rc.<init>(Instruction3rc.java:44)
at org.jf.dexlib.Code.Format.Instruction3rc$Factory.makeInstruction(Instruction3rc.java:145)
at org.jf.dexlib.Code.InstructionIterator.IterateInstructions(InstructionIterator.java:84)
... 6 more
Error occured at code address 8
code_item @0x2604

What should i do to fix this?
just in case, i'm using version 2.4 of xUltimate

$wissdroid

Jul 3, 2012
Basel
Hey Guys

I got a Question about this Tool to deodex some Stock Roms.

Can i use this Tool for my Galaxy Note with Stock "DBTLRK" ? Its a Free Provider German Stock ROM (ICS)???

And when the Answer was Yes: Can i use the same Instructions like this for the Galaxy S+? Or was Something else?

Thank you for Response

Last edited:

psubrownie

Aug 28, 2012
I'm getting this error as well and I've only seen that you need to set the API level to 14. How do change the scripts xUltimate is running? sounds like you just need to add a "-a 14" in the baksmali.jar command but I can't find where.

I'm getting this error while deodexing a Samsung Exhibit II...

What should i do to fix this?
just in case, i'm using version 2.4 of xUltimate

twinkyz1979

Feb 1, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra

Klen2

What have I to do when I see this:
ROM: GB_EUR_P735TV1.0.0B01
Choices: (Do not use anything here!! Press "7")
or is the tool just for nexus one? I have ZTE Blade II

marco2tiger8

Oct 25, 2012
West Jakarta
Cannot Deodex

Excuse me, I have pulled the System/app and framework and then I try to deodex it but fail from the first. Then Run the test and got adb fail but the other are fine, but not for the deodex of course it must fail. How can I fix it? Thanks and sorry for my bad english

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is generously brought to you by a good friend Xeudoxus over on DroidForums.net Please feel free if you do enjoy his app/tool and what not definitely feel free to throw him a couple bucks for his hard work. He's definitely a huge plus to our community.

DONATE HERE

Alright xUltimate has been updated to v2 What this means is that you do not need your phone connect to your computer to deodex. So you can just manually place the .odex files in (\origi_frame\) and (\origi_app\) and it will deodex. You can also transfer the .odex files from your phone like the last version.

It should not be as buggy as before. Also some of the features still have not been updated yet for newer roms. (I will be working on this in the next couple days to try and bring the "patches" up to speed)

I have added some standalone tools (Tools that do not need to be in the main xUltimate dir)

On most of the xUltimate standalone's I have added some example files in the .zip's so you can see how it operates.

Also Ill be posting the old change log for xUltimate main (When I find it lol , I saved it from google cache after it was lost)

-Matt

--INFO--
    xUltimate Main v2.1 has been updated for android 2.2 (It should be able to deodex 2.2/froyo) Tested on Nexus Froyo (Only had a problem with Bluetooth.odex <-- But thats a issue with the framework.jar) Clock colors and clock remove have been updated for froyo. Other features will be updated in time.

xUltimate Color Converter will convert hex color codes to the proper binary color code for editing colors in smali
    Usage: xUltimate-CC {RRGGBB}

xUltimate Theme/MM Optimizer will opt_png and zip_align all .png's and .apk's in a MM .zip or update.zip or whatever .zip (It will also remove any .db files)

xUltimate Draw9Patch Compiler will compile correctly made .9.png's so you dont have to use eclipse or motodevtools anymore. Look at the example files in the .zip and you'll see how to process your entire theme at once if you wanted.

Go here to DOWNLOAD
    This makes editing your phone super easy. You can deodex your phone, change color for text among a ton of other stuff with the add-ons. Please leave comments as to how it works for you, and any suggestions as I will be relaying this information along to Xeudoxus.
    This is my favorite thing ever. Time to theme that lockscreen :)
    It just says "waiting for phone" and does nothing :(