Aug 17, 2009
Kirkland, WA

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-03-17-02-00-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-03-17-02-00-36.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 1,060

skieslord

Mar 17, 2012
Yeah, mine started couple of days ago with the same problem. Android System shows 75% battery usage.
I wonder if there is a fix for this bug. I read whatever is on the link but there is all king of possible solutions.

illego

Aug 12, 2010
I used to have that issue on CM7 many moons ago. Did a bunch of searches and someone mentioned a process call GOOGLEBACKUPTRANSPORT.APK somewhere on XDA, that constantly runs even after you do not choose to backup to google (at least thats what I think its for).

I used root explorer to go into /system/apps and delete the GOOGLEBACKUPTRANSPORT.APK. I have never had any negative effect from doing it. It fixed the Android OS sucking up battery problem. Now I make it a point to delete it after flashing a rom regardless of whether batter drain is there or not. Never had that issue since.

Try it and see what happens. You can always just move it or rename it so you can put it back if it does not solve your problem.

Reactions: rivenward and Tynen

Tynen

Aug 17, 2009
Kirkland, WA
I used to have that issue on CM7 many moons ago. Did a bunch of searches and someone mentioned a process call GOOGLEBACKUPTRANSPORT.APK somewhere on XDA, that constantly runs even after you do not choose to backup to google (at least thats what I think its for).

I used root explorer to go into /system/apps and delete the GOOGLEBACKUPTRANSPORT.APK. I have never had any negative effect from doing it. It fixed the Android OS sucking up battery problem. Now I make it a point to delete it after flashing a rom regardless of whether batter drain is there or not. Never had that issue since.

Try it and see what happens. You can always just move it or rename it so you can put it back if it does not solve your problem.

I'm trying this now, I'll report back. Thanks :)

thaizz

Mar 19, 2012
I'm joining this club.
Mine S2 is having the same problem since yesterday....
System uses 39% and keeps my phone awake for 6 hours now.
Would like to add a screenshot but I can't :(

Info:
Model: GT-I9100
Version: 4.0.3
Baseband: I9100XXLPQ
Kernel: 3.0.15-I9100XXLPQ-CL223505se.infra@SEP-94 #3
Build: Lite'ning ROM v2.1

Tynen

Aug 17, 2009
Kirkland, WA
I'm joining this club.
Mine S2 is having the same problem since yesterday....
System uses 39% and keeps my phone awake for 6 hours now.
Would like to add a screenshot but I can't :(

Info:
Model: GT-I9100
Version: 4.0.3
Baseband: I9100XXLPQ
Kernel: 3.0.15-I9100XXLPQ-CL223505se.infra@SEP-94 #3
Build: Lite'ning ROM v2.1

Post to the Google Code bug

ficklecycler

Jan 29, 2011
Just wondering if there have been any discoveries or new info on this problem.

I was experiencing this bug for a long time and I thought it was a bad battery. After replacing my battery it was still happening.

808dp

Jul 27, 2010
Battery life is the sole reason I went from ICS Passion (4.0.3) to Slim ICS (4.0.4).

I think battery life is better now, but I've also been incrementally restoring all my apps, ensuring battery drain isn't unreasonably affected with each restore.

krntehknik303

Nov 5, 2010
Aurora
I have this same issue! My battery lasted up to a day yesterday and today I had to charge my phone twice. Lasted only 4 hours. Pretty ridiculous I would say! I did try removing googletransport.apk and it reduced my android os to 25% or so from 60% that's about it.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium

xdaboualem

Jan 4, 2011
Try using any of the ROMs on Android 4.0.4

1. EXROM
  2. SLIM ICS
  3. ZenWick

I too was on ICS Passion. I noticed a huge battery improvement when moving to the ROMs listed above (4.0.4 based)

rivenward

Dec 13, 2010

Wow, this worked beautifully, thanks a mil illego.

Installed ICS Passion v13.1 a few days ago and had severe battery drainage, from 100% to 0% in 8 hours after calibration.

Looking at the battery stats I realized that the phone was always in AWAKE mode, with ANDROID SYSTEM sapping like 80%.

After renaming GOOGLEBACKUPTRANSPORT.APK the phone finally went into much needed sleep mode.

In hindsight, I enabled Google "Backup this Phone" during first ICS setup, and this must've tried to connect to the internet the whole time or had a process keeping the phone awake.

Brilliant fix, you made my day, thx.

Tokae

Feb 3, 2012
London
www.eventhorizontech.net
I was using ICSSGS's 4.0.3 and noticing that my battery was draining pretty quick with little or no use.

I decided to try the Dark Knight 4.0.4 rom and my battery life has pretty much doubled.

No lock screen issues now either! :)

clocinnorcal

Jan 30, 2010
Nor*Cal
SlimICS!

I have been using SlimICS and have never had any batt drain issues. Googlebackup.apk is removed by default from this ROM.

[bman123]

Mar 20, 2012
Akron
I never get good battery life on a ics rom, tried on 3 different phones with 6 different roms. It looks nice but isn't battery friendly from my experience.

xdaboualem

Jan 4, 2011
I never get good battery life on a ics rom, tried on 3 different phones with 6 different roms. It looks nice but isn't battery friendly from my experience.

You must have one or more apps draining your battery.
User betterbatteryStats or "BadAss battery monitor" to check where battery is being used and whether any app is keeping the phone awake.

yardkl

Mar 23, 2012
I agree

I have to agree. When I use a Froyo Rom my phone loses .5% per hour in idle. At times it loses a max of 1% per hour. However, with ICS ROMs I lose around 1.7% per hour. I have tried just about all ICS Roms, and all Kernels. While some are better than others, 1.7% per hour is pretty standard with any ICS. Trust me, I have no deep sleep issues, and no abnormal wakelocks. I've read all the post of saving battery life, and done them all. Roughly 1.7% per hour is what I get with any ICS Rom.

Personally, I like the look and feel of ICS so I just take the good with the bad. Can anyone shed some light on this. Why does ICS drain battery so quickly in idle vs older android versions. Or, is it just the Vibrant? Im stumped.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.