[All XDA Members] Requests to Moderators and Admins

Search This thread

conantroutman

Retired Senior Moderator - XDA Portal Team
Dec 10, 2009
This thread hereby replaces (requests) From the Users to the Mods & Admins, which has been closed and archived. There will be zero tolerance for off topic posting in here. Regardless of forum reputation, warnings and/or infractions will be issued to anyone disregarding such a simple request. There will also be no flaming of members posting in here. Report it, and move along.

Sent from my Nexus

Thanks Mark, however it looks like everyone either conveniently missed your post or just couldn't be bothered to read it.

Let's condense it a little....
ON TOPIC OR SHUT UP. KTHNXBAI.

:) y'all have a nice day now y'hear.

Fallen Spartan

Moderator Emeritus- Irish Pride, Spartan Legacy

Fallen Spartan

And there's another 3 pages of some users whining about your post..

After reading I see no need to interfere further as per my posts. It is afterall a OT thread and friendly banter

You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think! XDA, mobile wisdom, not a n00b feeding ground!!

Fallen Spartan

Thank you for closing the loophole. I'm glad no-one will be able to use spoofed usernames and phish users information by pretending to be known users! :angel:

I said "close"....not closed....... But welcome to bansville once again

You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think! XDA, mobile wisdom, not a n00b feeding ground!!

Last edited:

benkxda

Jan 28, 2012
First thread post broken after saving

Hi there, somehow my first thread post was damaged after saving. Can someone restore? Take a look at the first, former very long, post -> Galaxy Nexus Index

Last edited:

mark manning

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee
Staff member
Apr 7, 2010
Nusquam et ubique
So I have small request / concern. It was told to me that when a person offers software on xda it has to be and I quote "the full version for free or gtfo". Well I ran across something that is offered by a senor moderator that in small way does the exact opposite.

To get to the point I was helping figure something out for a member and had to download the Nexus 4 tool kit by mskip a few months ago. Recently I went to try and figure something else out for a another member again and when I opened the program I was prompted with an option to check for updates. I typed yes and the program ran a check to see if there was one. However, instead of being prompted letting me know if the program was up to date or not it just kicked me out of that part of the program saying that function was reserved for "donating users only". Now in the grand scheme of things this isn't really a big deal because if there was an update mskip does post it in his thread immediately. What I worry about and this is the reason I brought it up. It kind of makes it looks like there is a double standard since he is a SM. I personally know this isn't the case and understand this small point was probably just over looked by him but I feel it should be addressed nonetheless

Sent from my Nexus

lbt

Jan 20, 2009
Xiaomi Redmi 4X
Are there any regulations regarding signatures? I was browsing through this thread and as you can see, there's one user with an enormous signature which takes up more space than his posts. It looks absolutely ridiculous. :silly:

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
So I have small request / concern. It was told to me that when a person offers software on xda it has to be and I quote "the full version for free or gtfo". Well I ran across something that is offered by a senor moderator that in small way does the exact opposite.

To get to the point I was helping figure something out for a member and had to download the Nexus 4 tool kit by mskip a few months ago. Recently I went to try and figure something else out for a another member again and when I opened the program I was prompted with an option to check for updates. I typed yes and the program ran a check to see if there was one. However, instead of being prompted letting me know if the program was up to date or not it just kicked me out of that part of the program saying that function was reserved for "donating users only". Now in the grand scheme of things this isn't really a big deal because if there was an update mskip does post it in his thread immediately. What I worry about and this is the reason I brought it up. It kind of makes it looks like there is a double standard since he is a SM. I personally know this isn't the case and understand this small point was probably just over looked by him but I feel it should be addressed nonetheless

Sent from my Nexus

I've had concerns about this before, but the rules on it are a bit vague. The gist of it is that you can't post beta releases here and use the community for testing and then go off and sell it for profit without giving something back. If you use XDA as a testing ground for your software, you are required to compensate them with a fully working version. This doesn't apply to extra features like auto-updates and other unrequired bits which do not limit the software's functionality.

In this case, it's perfectly fine for him to limit auto updating to donators only as long as he does not restrict the functionality of the app towards to who pay up.

The way around this is to release it as paid software in the first place in the Paid apps section. Another way around it is if it is only being released on XDA exclusively.

XDA rule number 11 is the one that deals with this.

Anyone else is free to chime in if I missed something there.

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Are there any regulations regarding signatures? I was browsing through this thread and as you can see, there's one user with an enormous signature which takes up more space than his posts. It looks absolutely ridiculous. :silly:

Report any of the offending user's posts and explain the issue in the report box. A mod will look into it. Otherwise, PM a Senior mod with a link to the user's profile. Posting in this thread and calling people out in public isn't a great way to do it.

Ideally, it would be best to PM the user directly about it, but not everyone is mature enough to handle criticism.

mark manning

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee
Staff member
Apr 7, 2010
Nusquam et ubique
I've had concerns about this before, but the rules on it are a bit vague. The gist of it is that you can't post beta releases here and use the community for testing and then go off and sell it for profit without giving something back. If you use XDA as a testing ground for your software, you are required to compensate them with a fully working version. This doesn't apply to extra features like auto-updates and other unrequired bits which do not limit the software's functionality.

In this case, it's perfectly fine for him to limit auto updating to donators only as long as he does not restrict the functionality of the app towards to who pay up.

The way around this is to release it as paid software in the first place in the Paid apps section. Another way around it is if it is only being released on XDA exclusively.

XDA rule number 11 is the one that deals with this.

Anyone else is free to chime in if I missed something there.

MCs' what say you?

Sent from my Nexus

bazinga au

Feb 22, 2013
Hello, I'm hoping someone can help.
I am a new member to this forum. I have been making posts and trying to get the ten needed for contributing to the development forums when I have noticed all but one posts has been deleted. I would have made ten by now.
Why is it so?

Sent from my LT15i using xda app-developers app

Fallen Spartan

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help.
I am a new member to this forum. I have been making posts and trying to get the ten needed for contributing to the development forums when I have noticed all but one posts has been deleted. I would have made ten by now.
Why is it so?

Sent from my LT15i using xda app-developers app

A number of your posts where deleted by mods cleaning threads of off topic posts.

Having had a quick glance at your posts, I see a few of them where between 1 - 4 words and contributed nothing to the thread and where off topic. This is most likely why there where deleted

For example, you asked
"Is there any way to fast track the 10 post restriction? I have some contributions to make to the developer forums. I had thought of making 10 useless posts, but I see that is frowned upon"
to which somebody replied with
"As always, if you can't make ten useful posts on a developers website, then you should not be a part of said developers website."
. Your response was

Hardly the best start when somebody tried to help you. All of these posts, including the response to yours was deleted by me as they where not related to the thread. You clearly already knew that you had to contribute to the forums and help others to get to 10 posts, and yet you asked this question anyhow......which had been asked countless times before in that very same thread.

Last edited:

Lannig

Mar 21, 2012
Account validation?

Hi all,
Been a long-time lurker here, although I'm active (under the same handle) on a bunch of other Android-related fora.
I'd like to become more active, especially in the RK3066-based tablet sections, but all the action takes place in the dev sections where I'm not allowed to post yet. Due to this I have to exchange with people there over PMs, which pretty much defeats the purpose of having a forum :)
I've reached the 10-post threshold in the general sections, trying to be helpful here and there, but now I'm wondering whether I should do something else to gain posting rights in the dev sections? Or is it just a matter of waiting until it happens sometime?
I've read the rules of course, but they say nothing about this.
Thanks in advance for your attention.

EDIT : may post now. I just had to be patient, I guess. Feel free to delete this post.

Last edited:

Prawesome

Sep 26, 2011
Error 404- Not found
Hi all,
Been a long-time lurker here, although I'm active (under the same handle) on a bunch of other Android-related fora.
I'd like to become more active, especially in the RK3066-based tablet sections, but all the action takes place in the dev sections where I'm not allowed to post yet. Due to this I have to exchange with people there over PMs, which pretty much defeats the purpose of having a forum :)
I've reached the 10-post threshold in the general sections, trying to be helpful here and there, but now I'm wondering whether I should do something else to gain posting rights in the dev sections? Or is it just a matter of waiting until it happens sometime?
I've read the rules of course, but they say nothing about this.
Thanks in advance for your attention.

Just give it some time and you will be able to post in dev section :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Moto 30 Ultra description has a small error:

"The device is powered by a 4610mAh with 50W fast charging."

This is the right data:
    125W wired
    50W wireless
    10W reverse wireless
    @the_scotsman

Sir, above for your attention.
    https://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_edge_30_ultra-11206.php
    Rather than sending a PM to an individual Moderator, please feel free to ask questions in need of Moderator or Admin assistance. We will all be monitoring this thread, and someone will reply without much delay. In order to hopefully address some of the possible questions, please review the following points which frequently come up:

• Username Change - Send a PM to either MikeChannon or the_scotsman in the first instance. Be sure to include what you would like your name changed to, and also why you want it changed. Providing that information in the initial PM will save us a reply asking for it. There is no official limit on name changes, but keep it reasonable or you'll be stuck.
    • New Forum Requests
    • Operator or Country Flag Incorrect/Missing

If you are not a moderator or admin on the forums, please do NOT respond to any posts in the thread. This includes the incredibly tempting. Given the overall size of XDA and potential ramifications, we need to ensure that only people authorized to speak on our behalf do so. Please, and thank you in advance.

Edit done to OP for updates by CJK

This thread hereby replaces (requests) From the Users to the Mods & Admins, which has been closed and archived. There will be zero tolerance for off topic posting in here. Regardless of forum reputation, warnings and/or infractions will be issued to anyone disregarding such a simple request. There will also be no flaming of members posting in here. Report it, and move along.
    Last 3-4 of my 6 post reports have been dismissed without even getting "review"ed (I checked back the post by clicking on "report post" button and it doesnt even show "this post has been reported" notice). What could be reason to this? I want to think that it is not personal...

They were reviewed. Sometimes moderators take no action, as they think that none is required. It's not personal, don't worry about it :)
    Last 3-4 of my 6 post reports have been dismissed without even getting "review"ed (I checked back the post by clicking on "report post" button and it doesnt even show "this post has been reported" notice). What could be reason to this? I want to think that it is not personal...
    Hello and thank you for the forum! I can't add to My Devices that I have a Xiaomi Redmi 4A. A bug in the forum software?
    I am unable to private message anyone on xda website, only the option to send by email.

What do you mean?

What way are you trying to send a Private message?

You can go to your PM Inbox and New Private Message, and send a PM to anyone.

But if you click on someone's username in the forums, and you don't see the Private Message option, that person has disabled allowing other members to send them a PM.