Soft Bricked my phone , Help !

Search This thread

jiawee1998

Sep 21, 2013
Hello , I accidentally made a mistake by naming a rom "Update" and went into recovery mode and updated it . The phone bricked and stuck at the Samsung Logo . I tried Odin . It's connected to Odin but when I press start , it freezes at SetupConnection..
I tries putting the PDA MD5 file into the PDA and everything , I installed KIES for the driver and ended the program in task manager but it still doesn't let me get pass SetupConnection . I really need to fix it before my parents find out . Oh and I can only access download mode .

jiawee1998

Sep 21, 2013
Flash some custom rom from recovery first it will be easier........then flash from odin the stock firmware if u want

I forgot to say .... I can't access recovery . When I hold the home button and the power button , it switched on and freezes at the samsung logo . The only thing I can access is the download mode . I want to flash the stock firmware . It keep getting stuck at the setupconnection like I said ...

jiawee1998

Sep 21, 2013
New update
I downloaded Odin V4.38 Multi-Downloader for GT S5830
I inserted OPS Cooper V1 and I place the Official Firmware MD5 File in the PDA section , After that I start the phone in download mode and connect to Odin and I press start .
This Happened
Download Start...
<0> Create File...
<1> StartThread Detected : 1
<2> StartThread Detected : 0
<3> StartThread Detected : 0
<4> StartThread Detected : 0
<5> StartThread Detected : 0
<6> StartThread Detected : 0
<7> StartThread Detected : 0
<8> StartThread Detected : 0
<1> setup connection...
<1> odin mode.. check plcatform verification.
<1> VerifyPlatform:V0, P0,R0
<1> START!!!
<1> e - unknown file - "param.lfs"
<1> e - unknown file - "!Ce‡"
<1> set download environment.
<1> boot.img download..
<1> 1/1 Finished.
<1> reset pda..
<0> Started Timer
<1> Close serial port and wait until rebooting.

After that , they restarted my phone , this time , it just show a blank screen . And the timer ran for around 3-4 Min
After that , it showed
<1> PASS!!!
<0> Destroy instant..
<0> Killed timer
But when I turned on my phone , it still stuck at the Samsung Boot screen . Help . The only place I can access is the Download mode .

Top Liked Posts