Root xperia m 4.3?

Search This thread

yayanhbs

Dec 28, 2013
Pasuruan
Is there any way to root in this new firmware 4.3 for people who still have a locked bootloader? Because i'm too scary to unlock my bootloader :(

Sent from my C1905 using xda app-developers app

gamer649

Feb 8, 2013
Is there any way to root in this new firmware 4.3 for people who still have a locked bootloader? Because i'm too scary to unlock my bootloader :(

Not yet there isn't, people with locked bootloaders (like me and a lot of other people) are continuously looking for a way to root without unlocking the bootloader. I think there's a CWM being developed for locked bootloaders (I'm not too sure on this though).

SharpnShiny

May 14, 2012
My drivers were messed up after updating.. I'm still trying to fix that. None of the root methods even recognise the phone now. All I did was update ... but PCC sees the phone just fine. I tried installing the drivers in the latest flashtool. If I can't fix the drivers, no root is possible for me.

8hodgsonkh

Jan 16, 2014
Carlisle
Don't think it's possible to use it on locked bootloader

its the kernel that is the problem, rooting would not effect bootloaders if the ftf had stock kernel and was signed. :) if i had a computer id do it but sorry i cant :/

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

My drivers were messed up after updating.. I'm still trying to fix that. None of the root methods even recognise the phone now. All I did was update ... but PCC sees the phone just fine. I tried installing the drivers in the latest flashtool. If I can't fix the drivers, no root is possible for me.

LB or ULB?

Reactions: paper13579

dantefff

Oct 25, 2013
its the kernel that is the problem, rooting would not effect bootloaders if the ftf had stock kernel and was signed. :) if i had a computer id do it but sorry i cant :/

Right. The kernel is the problem but there is no way to make a flashable and modified ftf file.
The way cold be developing a cwm for locked bootloaders and then flash a prerooted rom in zip format or a stock rom and then a rooting patch.

Enviado desde mi LT30p mediante Tapatalk

Antrikos48

Oct 18, 2013
Nicosia
Right. The kernel is the problem but there is no way to make a flashable and modified ftf file.
The way cold be developing a cwm for locked bootloaders and then flash a prerooted rom in zip format or a stock rom and then a rooting patch.

Sounds good, but I have a question. How are you going to install the recovery in the first place? Couldn't you just use this method to inject the su binary?

This message was brought to you from my Sony Xperia M C1905 using Tapatalk.

Pacjonek

Mar 24, 2010
Kraków

I think CWM is not necessary. Any way to copy all 4.3 system files with su binares (to partition /system with transfer all permissions) should works, then flash 4.3 kernel. But it should be done before Android core will start (otherwise Android will crash before you copy all files), maybe add in init.d or any other boot file, script which copy all 4.3 files with all privileges...
I don't have this phone now so i can't test it.

Last edited:

Rajesh_m

May 24, 2013
Kerala
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Any methods found to root phones which have locked bootloader? This is really sad :(

Only way to gain root without voiding warranty is to go back to stock 4.1.2,then take backup of ta partition , unlock the bootloader, and flash 4.3 ftf..

Else if we unlock the bootloader on 4.3,we can't relock it again as we can't take backup of ta partition :(

Anyone working on it?

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

Sounds good, but I have a question. How are you going to install the recovery in the first place? Couldn't you just use this method to inject the su binary?

This message was brought to you from my Sony Xperia M C1905 using Tapatalk.

Even I did have the same doubt, how we going to install the cwm? By flashing a stock 4.3 kernel which have cwm?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    try vroot....

Sent from my C1904 using xda premium

I've tried all methods I can think of and all what have been mentioned (vroot being one of them) and not a single one worked.

Don't think it's possible to use it on locked bootloader

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

LB or ULB?