Duke Nukem GP, Heretic for G1 (Using the Free Doom off Market)

Search This thread

Mysticales

Oct 30, 2007
www.darkmystics.com
Hey all, did some old digging in my Zodiac 2 Palm files. Back when I was playing Duke GP on it. Anyways learned that some wads dont work on the Doom G1, however I found my wad file that does. =D

So if you wanna play duke nukem. http://www.darkmystics.com/g1 is where to go. You have to put the file on your SD card in the doom folder. (I used Lind file manager) However.. was odd tho, Do not try clicking it with the G1 browser.. seems to wanna load up as a txt file which then freezes the G1. Instead long press, save link as, then after it saves, use lind to rename it to .wad and move it to the doom folder.

Download Doom on the Market, its free. Then install sounds, install the various wad files you want, long as this wad file is in the folder it works. One glitch however. It wont use the Duke 3d sfx. So Id suggest turning them off. Since its mapping Doom sounds to Duke3d but if you wanna play Duke, least its something. =) Just wanting to give back something to the forums. (Since on the market the other dev charges for Duke Nukem..)

Anyways hope this is ok with everyone and hope you have fun. =)

Update: Went more digging in my files. Heretic works as well now. =D

Sadly my Quake 2 doesnt.. nor counter-strike. But I am still working to find what more I can add for you all. =)

Last edited:

predo

Jan 25, 2006
Edinburgh
doom works fine but when i try to run dukegp.wad i get the

fatal error:... iwad not found...

any ideas?

Mysticales

Oct 30, 2007
www.darkmystics.com
Iwad not found..? Just to make sure do you have the sound files installed? Did you DL it with the G1 or what?

Cause I tried some other wads I had on my palm and if it doesnt work on the G1 it would just crash out to the home screen. Or say force close. But iwad not found, not sure there. But I have all the wads installed the app can do on its own. Then I added this one. Plus you do have it in the doom folder right?

Btw.. Doom 2 is also in the site... shhh! I didnt say a word.

Edit: Also I see 2 doom versions now, so to clarify, Its "Doom for Android (FREE)" by Scheff's Blend.

Last edited:

Mysticales

Oct 30, 2007
www.darkmystics.com
I emailed the dev on his Doom port so he knows of this wad. Ill look around too see if I can jury rig something about the sound files for everyone. =) Thank god I still have my Zodiac 2 working. ^^

Mysticales

Oct 30, 2007
www.darkmystics.com
Woot Heretic now posted as well. =D I really hope the dev gets back to me now, maybe were we can add a separate sounds folder to map to the wads. Either way with this solid port in progress and smooth control and frame rate. Good stuff indeed. =D

Mysticales

Oct 30, 2007
www.darkmystics.com
Rem the wads are being run on a Doom port. So since this is new on the G1. Not sure how everything maps out. So not sure about extras and so. If the dev responds to this stuff. Would help alot. But this was what I had for Zdoom and so.

Apr 14, 2009
Hey man just wanna say thankx so much that dn is awesome

Hey thanks very much I really enjoy playing doom and doom 2.
Duke nukem is always fun , mostly in a boring situation

Mysticales

Oct 30, 2007
www.darkmystics.com
Im glad you all are enjoying it. =D If anyone has something else to contribute. Im more then willing to upload it to my host for everyone here at XDA. =) Call it my contribution to the forums. =D

And yea.. Doom sfx on them really are funny.. tho would be more awesome to have duke nukem sound fx in Doom. =p "Come get some" as you pickup the chainsaw lol.

Billthe4th

Apr 23, 2009
Bristol
Im glad you all are enjoying it. =D If anyone has something else to contribute. Im more then willing to upload it to my host for everyone here at XDA. =) Call it my contribution to the forums. =D

And yea.. Doom sfx on them really are funny.. tho would be more awesome to have duke nukem sound fx in Doom. =p "Come get some" as you pickup the chainsaw lol.

I just want the "kick ass and chew bubble gum" speech at the beginning :D

Any response from the dev yet? Do you have a separate sfx pack for DN?

Mysticales

Oct 30, 2007
www.darkmystics.com
Sadly no response yet from the dev, Ill try again tho..

As for sfx, Been looking around, not finding it yet. Since I think its coded in the wad to be honest, but Ill look some more. =)