List of Battery Life on Null

Search This thread

klau1

Jan 1, 2008
What is your Battery Power Like in Null?

Mine:
Battery Left: 20%
Total Time: 24 hr
Screen Time: 1hr
Android OS Keep Awake Time: 2hr40min
Null OS: v23
Motion Sense: On
Bluetooth LE: Connected to GM
Tethered: NO

What is yours?

Battery Left:
Total Time:
Screen Time:
Android OS Keep Awake Time:
Null OS:
Motion Sense:
Bluetooth LE:
Tethered:

Last edited:

ronfurro

Oct 24, 2013
O-Town
Battery Left: 18%
Total Time: *18 hrs
Screen Time: 1.5 hrs
Android OS Keep Awake Time: 3hrs
Motion Sense: Off
Bluetooth LE: On, BT PAN
Tethered: On, Tablet Talk and GPS

*Watch Styler off

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Reactions: klau1

AndiF85

Jan 26, 2013
Battery Left: 57%
Total Time: 23hrs
Screen Time: 20mins
Android OS Keep Awake Time: 1hr 24mins
Null OS: 23
Motion Sense: off
Bluetooth LE: connected to gm
Tethered: no

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

klau1

Jan 1, 2008
Battery Left: 60%
Total Time: 23 hr
Screen Time: 55min
Android OS Keep Awake Time: 10min

This Android OS Keep Awake Time is pretty low, very nice.

Do you have like 0 programs installed or something?

AndiF85

Jan 26, 2013
I have lwp, apex with clock weather widget, tasker, lots of notifications, brightness cpu etc all at null default

Viewed emails, couple of calls, lots of notifications and screen 1h 20m, android os 15m, 1d 6h 25m

I'm jealous! Have you got a battery pack strapped to your back or something :p

titi974

Jul 26, 2010
Battery Left: 77%
Total Time: 2d 3h 26m 59s
Screen Time: 12m 40s
Android OS Keep Awake Time: 9m 47s
Null OS: 22.1
Motion Sense: OFF
Bluetooth LE: OFF

Sorry but I lost my Galaxy S4 so yeah... using my gear like that ahah too bad for me :(

AndiF85

Jan 26, 2013

Sorry but I lost my Galaxy S4 so yeah... using my gear like that ahah too bad for me :(

Should of used the find my device feature :p sorry to hear about that though.

I don't get how ppl are getting such good battery life when connected to a phone. At the end of the day as long as my devices get me through the day with my standard use I'm happy.

Brendo

I don't get how ppl are getting such good battery life when connected to a phone. At the end of the day as long as my devices get me through the day with my standard use I'm happy.

Apart from when I got it at launch, my battery has always been great (stock and null). I usually get 2days out of it (sometimes 3). Because I have motion on, it can be the determining factor for whether I make the 2 days or not (eg, busier day = worse battery)

AndiF85

Jan 26, 2013
Oh in that case I'm not doing too badly I guess. Ill get 2 days easy with calls and notifications. I get lots of work notifications and emails during the day and in meetings this is great so I can see the importance and whether I need to excuse myself. I could possibly get a 3rd day in but I'm pretty confident it would die before the day ended. With the claims of the gear 2 lasting longer this should be good.

klau1

Jan 1, 2008

How come the vibration when disconnected feature didn't help?

titi974

Jul 26, 2010
well... It was really late, coming back from a party and leaving the taxi... fell in it I think :( and it was never turned back on so....

titi974

Jul 26, 2010
Gotta love those nights when the drinks take over...time to upgrade to the S5 ;)

Well yeah, and I wasn't even so drunk ... so too bad for me lol
Yeah that's ideally what I want to do since my insurance is going to pay back 500€ of the 600€ I bought the S4 so that's cool, but I don't have the 175€ needed for the S5 :(

Last edited:

crutzulee

Feb 20, 2011
Toronto
I've had my gear for two days now and avoided posting here as I have been trying to find the answers to my million questions by reading rather than clogging up development threads. Thankfully there seems to be an active community here that have made this watch so much more than what it is of the box!

Within an hour of getting it, I had twrp and the latest null rom installed..Thanks fomey! While I have been taking my lumps getting Gear Manager working correctly on my Galaxy Note 1, i am muddling through and making progress through trial and error and will eventually get around to getting notifications working as well as they can be on a non touchwiz rom.

But since this thread is about Battery, I figure I'll ask a question...

How are you guys using your Gear? It seems that a common setting in your posts is to have bluetooth off. Are you guys going into settings, enabling bluetooth, pairing, then toggling on tethering in device settings everytime you want to use something like google now? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a "smart " watch?

I would be willing to use a bluetooth toggle widget (as a compromise), but i'm finding that I would still have to drill down into settings in order to allow for data tethering as this feature does not seem to automatically toggle on when bluetooth pairs.

As it stands, i basically keep my watch constantly tethered to my phone. I use trikster mod to cut the cpu max to 600000. My phone (a known battery hog) has no difficulty getting me through a day even with bluetooth constantly tethering data. My Gear on the other hand, does not look like it will go more than 12 hours...and I haven"t even got notifications going yet...What am I missing here?

klau1

Jan 1, 2008
I've had my gear for two days now and avoided posting here as I have been trying to find the answers to my million questions by reading rather than clogging up development threads. Thankfully there seems to be an active community here that have made this watch so much more than what it is of the box!

Within an hour of getting it, I had twrp and the latest null rom installed..Thanks fomey! While I have been taking my lumps getting Gear Manager working correctly on my Galaxy Note 1, i am muddling through and making progress through trial and error and will eventually get around to getting notifications working as well as they can be on a non touchwiz rom.

But since this thread is about Battery, I figure I'll ask a question...

How are you guys using your Gear? It seems that a common setting in your posts is to have bluetooth off. Are you guys going into settings, enabling bluetooth, pairing, then toggling on tethering in device settings everytime you want to use something like google now? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a "smart " watch?

I would be willing to use a bluetooth toggle widget (as a compromise), but i'm finding that I would still have to drill down into settings in order to allow for data tethering as this feature does not seem to automatically toggle on when bluetooth pairs.

As it stands, i basically keep my watch constantly tethered to my phone. I use trikster mod to cut the cpu max to 600000. My phone (a known battery hog) has no difficulty getting me through a day even with bluetooth constantly tethering data. My Gear on the other hand, does not look like it will go more than 12 hours...and I haven"t even got notifications going yet...What am I missing here?

Are you using the Stock Kernel or Custom?

Might want to try Stock and disable Xposed first.

12 hours is pretty bad typically speaking. But you haven't stated your stats so it's hard to tell. It cuold be amazing if you're doing 12 hours of screen time.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was worried about responding to your post as i thought I would be guilty of what I was trying to avoid - highjacking of this thread.

Then I saw that you are the OP ..LOL..:D

The option for Google Now is in the AROMA installer for the rom. I love it! Unfortunately, the version that is included cannot be updated. I suspect that this is because it probably requires KK framework. As is it works very well.
    You can update/install any app by installing it from Play on your phone first, then use TiBu to back it up, and then send the latest backup to your phone via bluetooth (long-press menu for the backup in tibu).

This is how I updated Google Now and a bunch of other apps. Couldn't get it to work for Play Services, but I'm thinking I can just push the updated apk from my phone (it's in /system/app) using adb.

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

I am thinking that my next step is to find a convenient way to cut tethering when the screen is off and re enable it when the screen is on. Is tethering that much of a resource hog? How fast can I expect the connection to be re established? Is there a toggle widget for this? Can a third party app (tasker?) do this?
    Install the app, "Bluetooth Auto Connect" on the Gear.

This is a feature-rich app with many options to control connection. You can configure the tethering profile for autoconnection, the set the app to disconnect when the watch goes to sleep, and reconnect when the screen is on.

Seems like exactly what you're looking for... works well for me.
    Battery Left: 18%
    Total Time: *18 hrs
    Screen Time: 1.5 hrs
    Android OS Keep Awake Time: 3hrs
    Motion Sense: Off
    Bluetooth LE: On, BT PAN
    Tethered: On, Tablet Talk and GPS

*Watch Styler off

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    Battery Left: 60%
    Total Time: 23 hr
    Screen Time: 55min
    Android OS Keep Awake Time: 10min
    Guys, thanks so much for your responses....I can't see turning off motion as i need to be able to use this as a watch first and foremost (ie I need to be able to look down after turning my wrist and see the time).
    I like the idea of receiving phone calls on my wrist when I'm driving so cutting bluetooth connectivity doesn't appeal to me either.
    I LOVE using GOOGLE NOW voice search on the GEAR. I have NOVA prime setting to open voice search with an up swipe gesture. It is AWESOME!
    This requires tethering to be enabled..
    I guess I want it all...Am I expecting too much?
    I don't need the 24 to 48 hour battery life you guys are getting I would be happy with 15 to 20. I'm used to docking my phone when I come home, it's nothing for me to do the same with my watch.
    I am currently on the custom kernel as I thought that was the only way to cut the cpu max. I only got 12 hours on the stock in my first day. I got the same yesterday on custom with cpu cut to 600000.
    I am thinking that my next step is to find a convenient way to cut tethering when the screen is off and re enable it when the screen is on. Is tethering that much of a resource hog? How fast can I expect the connection to be re established? Is there a toggle widget for this? Can a third party app (tasker?) do this?

I realized after my first post that this thread is not in the Q and A section. I will move my questions there if one of you guys deems this post a breach of etiquette...but i realize that the respondants assembled here are the experts in doing exactly what i am trying to do..Your help is greatly appreciated.

How do you get Google Now working on the Gear?

Did you install the Google package?

The only problem with Google Now is that all your Contacts, Calendars, Tasks have to be sent to Google for Google Now to work.

Beware.
    How do you get Google Now working on the Gear?

Did you install the Google package?

The only problem with Google Now is that all your Contacts, Calendars, Tasks have to be sent to Google for Google Now to work.

Beware.

I was worried about responding to your post as i thought I would be guilty of what I was trying to avoid - highjacking of this thread.

Then I saw that you are the OP ..LOL..:D

The option for Google Now is in the AROMA installer for the rom. I love it! Unfortunately, the version that is included cannot be updated. I suspect that this is because it probably requires KK framework. As is it works very well.