[Q] Opinion on GenericGinger v2

Search This thread

LinuxAssailant

May 25, 2010
LG V20
I am trying this... as I have been using GingerClone V2 exclusively, since I payed the bounty, and it was the most stable. I kept running into weird issues with others upon updating su, and busybox on the others, not to mention the home screen lag-factor that stares at you blankly all the time, with no home screen anything, just a blank stare...

This ROM stared at me blankly for a bit a few times, but if I can get SMS pics form the messaging application it will be worth it... here and there.

Giving her a whirl...

dautmost

Aug 30, 2010
Houston
this is the first rom that I flashed...I flashed it because it was all that I could get...it's better than stock is all that I will say...I had a few issues but didn't take note of them...I judge roms based off how many times I have to reboot and needless to say I had to reboot several times...well I finally have Glorious Overdose v2 and I don't want anything else...atleast until a real ICS is released!!

oZerGx

Feb 26, 2012
I have this rom, I love it. It was the only one I could download but well worth the search. I score 1700+ on quadrant standard. I've never rebooted due to freeze. Its super smooth.

Sent from GenericGinger 2.0 Sidekick 4G using XDA

Reactions: dautmost
Has anyone used this ROM

simply-android.com/discussion/1763/rom-genericginger-2.0-for-sidekick-4g-t-mobile-updated-120911/p1

I've been going through ROMs every few days or so trying to find one i like and i flashed this one today. I'm not sure how i feel about its speed, i guess i was just curious if anyone else has tried it and what they thought

Just installed it, very nice.. Will write more when I've had it on my SK for longer than a day. First impression is its very speedy and clean. Fixes some of the color choices tmobile made.. It includes carhome and a music player app, better email, better message app. Lots of free space to install things.

Just installed it, very nice.. Will write more when I've had it on my SK for longer than a day. First impression is its very speedy and clean. Fixes some of the color choices tmobile made.. It includes carhome and a music player app, better email, better message app. Lots of free space to install things.

some lockups, some crashes and bluetooth probs so going back to something else..

G

dataspill

Nov 7, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
This is by far one of the best ROMs I've used! There's a few cosmetic things I'd like changed, but I can look past that. This ROM is fast and sleek and it looks nice!

Dr.Gonz0

May 21, 2007
It was crap, had a feeling it was a rip off of other people's work. Worked ok for a few days then it started acting weird and pissing me off. So I said "screw this I'm going to flash "back to basics"

Sent from my SGH-T839 using XDA

dautmost

Aug 30, 2010
Houston
It was crap, had a feeling it was a rip off of other people's work. Worked ok for a few days then it started acting weird and pissing me off. So I said "screw this I'm going to flash "back to basics"

Lol...ikr...I still give this guy credit for making a rom available when no other was at the time(eventhough they say he does not give credit where it is due)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Has anyone used this ROM

simply-android.com/discussion/1763/rom-genericginger-2.0-for-sidekick-4g-t-mobile-updated-120911/p1

I've been going through ROMs every few days or so trying to find one i like and i flashed this one today. I'm not sure how i feel about its speed, i guess i was just curious if anyone else has tried it and what they thought
    Please know that ROM is essentially my gingerclone ROM with all the same asop apps and framework as well (with changes of course). I'm sure its updated to KJ2 with lockscreen mod by now but the poster of the ROM didn't even bother to change the OP format from my GC post. I'm not saying don't use his ROM.. if you like it do so, I'm jus speaking up because he didn't properly credit me or Sduvick. He's on XDA and used to post on the forums so idk why didn't he say something about it.

Sent from my SGH-T839 using XDA App
    I have this rom, I love it. It was the only one I could download but well worth the search. I score 1700+ on quadrant standard. I've never rebooted due to freeze. Its super smooth.

Sent from GenericGinger 2.0 Sidekick 4G using XDA