Sd card transfer problems

Search This thread

gmarkiek

Nov 28, 2010
Atlanta
I'm currently using an 8GB sdcard. I bought a 16GB and tried to transfer data. The first problem I have is that it takes forever to transfer it from my computer to the new card. I used a USB cord (new) and it still takes hours. Once it finally finished transferring I reboot and none of my data is there. What am I doing wrong?

Sent from my EVO 4G using xda premium

sitlet

Mar 30, 2008
Did you get the card from ebay? It's likely the card is a fake, or is just DOA.

threestripebrand

Mar 7, 2011
Boiling Springs,NC
I'm currently using an 8GB sdcard. I bought a 16GB and tried to transfer data. The first problem I have is that it takes forever to transfer it from my computer to the new card. I used a USB cord (new) and it still takes hours. Once it finally finished transferring I reboot and none of my data is there. What am I doing wrong?

Download h2testw on windows and run it to check your SD cards validity

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

gmarkiek

Nov 28, 2010
Atlanta
I bought the card from DailySteals.com. It looks like a legit card and my computer recognizes it.

sitlet

Mar 30, 2008
I bought the card from DailySteals.com. It looks like a legit card and my computer recognizes it.

Run that program above. Just because it looks good doesnt mean it is good, thats the whole reason these places make it look normal, so you think you are buying a real card.

And again, it could just be a bad card as well, contact the site and see about a return.