unlock tmobil s3 problems

Search This thread

mike102871

Feb 20, 2011
Motorola Edge 20
I have an s3 that i was selling to mother in law to use on consumer cellular. T mobile provided an unlock code that does not work. They are supposedly investigating this. I tried to pay an online unlocker for a code, I told them the code t mobile provided that did not work, They were unable to generate an unlock code ,
What is is going on. T mobile sim locks phones and then cant provoide correct unlock codes??
What other option do i have?
This seems like a bunch of BS on tmobile part.

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
Selling to MiL ? I'd give for free if I were you. :p

Seriously speaking, you can take the phone to a T-Mobile store for further investigation. If the code does not work, don't try it repeatedly. The phone will lockup for good.

If the code did not work, make sure the T-Mobile Rep has taken down your IMEI correctly. Make them repeat it to make sure its correct.

There are other ways to unlock. But in order to try them, I need to know what android version you have right now. Its listed in Settings > About.

mike102871

Feb 20, 2011
Motorola Edge 20
Its running stock rooted 4.3 with stocm recovery and some bloat removed. Have verified t mo has correct imei. Have tried 2 old centennial wireless sims and an old at&t sim. No luck.
Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
Since you are on 4.3, the other way to unlock is out of question. Please take the phone to a T-Mo Store after you get the new unlock code.

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Check out chainfires Region Lock Away app on the play store or here on xda. Its built for the note3 on 4.3 firmware, but ive seen claims it works on the S3 and others. I suggest reading the thread to be certain, but it may be a viable option for those running 4.3 rooted.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

mike102871

Feb 20, 2011
Motorola Edge 20
Check out chainfires Region Lock Away app on the play store or here on xda. Its built for the note3 on 4.3 firmware, but ive seen claims it works on the S3 and others. I suggest reading the thread to be certain, but it may be a viable option for those running 4.3 rooted.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Let us know if you get it unblocked.
ive tried all the do this do that.
Region lock away doesnt work on 2 s3s I tried.

I am having the same problem.

I just got done with TMO online chat and they said to make sure the WiFi is off before you do it.
I am going to try this when I get home.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

hfslacker

Aug 28, 2008
Didn't work.... Now I'm waiting for the 2nd time for this to be escalated... I know Im not gonna get a call back.....