[Q] Default Language

Search This thread

Stalka

Nov 20, 2008
When KitKit was being released for the N9005, I flashed the Polish firmware as it was the first to be released.

Now, months later, I am flashing the UK firmware. However, even though I do a thorough wipe (data/cache/dalvik), and post-flash I confirm the build number as N9005XXUENB7 as the UK version, it still defaults to Polish language on first boot.

How can I get this to reset back to UK for proper? Is it because the bootloader was upgraded to 4.4.x by the Polish firmware? Would it be safe for me to tick "Phone Bootloader Update" and reflash the UK firmware again?

Knox has already been tripped, not bothered about that.

Stalka

Nov 20, 2008
Yes, I can change the language to English and its fine from then on. However, when I reset back to default settings, why does the phone default to Polish on first boot? This is what I want to fix.

Stalka

Nov 20, 2008
I even just did a full NAND ERASE via Odin, re-partitioned with my PIT file, and reflash ... still starts as Polish! lol I'm missing something here. I shan't sleep till I sort this.

celderic

Dec 1, 2010
I even just did a full NAND ERASE via Odin, re-partitioned with my PIT file, and reflash ... still starts as Polish! lol I'm missing something here. I shan't sleep till I sort this.

Try flashing the NC2 rom by alexndr and select BTU csc in aroma installer. If you have custom recovery anyway.

Sent from my SM-N9005