[mods can close this thread]Lets make an ICS device configuration tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

michaelmab88

Nov 9, 2010
Bentonville
I had been working on it... but I sort of stopped because of school and work. I'd like it so much more if I wasn't the only one working on it because when you get stuck its hard to find someone willing to help you. You can see my stuff at github.com/mafischer

There are two empty repo's with a GB prefix, those were intednded to be for the cm7 branch I'm working on... just ignore them. The other repos are for ics.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

Limewirelord

Feb 8, 2012
Github is far friendlier to use on Linux, in case anyone was wondering. The Windows version isn't too bad to use, however. It's just easier to run everything in terminal.

Emmanuel U

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 29, 2011
Chi-Town Suburbs
I had been working on it... but I sort of stopped because of school and work. I'd like it so much more if I wasn't the only one working on it because when you get stuck its hard to find someone willing to help you. You can see my stuff at github.com/mafischer

There are two empty repo's with a GB prefix, those were intednded to be for the cm7 branch I'm working on... just ignore them. The other repos are for ics.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk
ill go clone you and see if my stock rom boots. thank you

Emmanuel U

Jul 29, 2011
Chi-Town Suburbs
nice we got it stickied (thanks gtmaster).....below is the error when building using mike's device configuration

Code:
build/core/product_config.mk:205: *** No matches for product "htc_doubleshot".  Stop.

** Don't have a product spec for: 'htc_doubleshot'
** Do you have the right repo manifest?

I have the msm8660-common forked from vorbeth's sensation repo

michaelmab88

Nov 9, 2010
Bentonville
I have the msm8660-common forked from vorbeth's sensation repo

As do I,

I just re-setup my ics repo using these manifests. (I killed my previous ubuntu installation after messing around with my graphics drivers; so i reinstalled the whole os and resetup the ics repo.)

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

Update 4/22/12:
Thanks to Michaelmab88, we will start our tree based of his work in progress tree here

Actually its thanks to vorbeth for his progress on the opensensation tree. Mine is nothing more than a fork of his work with every instance of "Sensation" replaced with "myTouch_4g_slide" and every instance of "pyramid" replaced with "doubleshot". I wouldn't have expected it to compile.

The only additions i made were extracting the proprietary files from the doubleshot. There are many many days of code investigating ahead.

Last edited:

michaelmab88

Nov 9, 2010
Bentonville
I justed fixed a path in the cm.mk file in device/htc/doubleshot/ and it started compiling. I saw some other things that need to be fixed as well.

We've got lots of work ahead of us, but you always have to start somewhere.

Hopefully we can get other devs on board and start moving the project along! :)

Reactions: gtmaster303

gtmaster303

Oct 19, 2010
Honestly, I think this thread needs to be moved to the development section... It should get more exposure, not to mention it's dev work

Lol, request sent

EDIT: Where the heck are tbalden and rajzzz? We need to get them in on this...

Last edited:

Emmanuel U

Jul 29, 2011
Chi-Town Suburbs
haha Lets move it to theme and apps! tbalden is mainly a rootz user because virtuous moved there.....so he checks here occationally. rajzz haas school like me and is probably busy doing something.

gtmaster303

Oct 19, 2010
Damn you :p.

I was thinking this was dev, but since it was just getting off the ground I wasn't sure if it belonged over thar yet... Seems like you guys are making some headway, keep it up!

Gonna make you work for it ;)
Yea, I didn't expect this thread to explode into a dev thread either. Yet here we are. great work guys!

seidler2547

Nov 24, 2007
Leipzig
Hey guys, great work! I was actually starting to look into it, too.

I started to try and just compile the pyramid tree (following this guide), but I ran into problems:
Code:
 Error: bad barrier type -- `dmb st'

As far as I understand it means it's not using the correct binutils?!? I mean, I've been compiling Android hundreds of times, just never for ARM, only x86 ;) - so can anyone point me to a solution?

Stefan
P.S.: Are you planning to compile the kernel as well? Because I saw that the pyramid kernel project has made some quite nice progress, with overclocking/undervolting during runtime and other nice features.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Actually its thanks to vorbeth for his progress on the opensensation tree. Mine is nothing more than a fork of his work with every instance of "Sensation" replaced with "myTouch_4g_slide" and every instance of "pyramid" replaced with "doubleshot". I wouldn't have expected it to compile.

The only additions i made were extracting the proprietary files from the doubleshot. There are many many days of code investigating ahead.

I think the proprietary files should not be in any public repo (danger of being sued by HTC or kicked out by Github). For the pyramid there's a shell script which pulls them of the original device via adb.

Stefan

Emmanuel U

Jul 29, 2011
Chi-Town Suburbs
Well i need proprietary-files because its the reference file on what extract-files.sh and setup-makefiles.sh work with. Why would the sue me? I wont be focusing on any errors until all the required stuff is in (but thanks for the feedback).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    project done...lol sorta. cm9 device tree released.
    mods you may close and unpin if you feel neccesary
    Well i need proprietary-files because its the reference file on what extract-files.sh and setup-makefiles.sh work with. Why would the sue me? I wont be focusing on any errors until all the required stuff is in (but thanks for the feedback).

I don't think that he was referring to "proprietary-files.txt". Its just the binary files that the extract-files.sh script extracts that should not be on github. That was my fault. I took them down as far as I can tell (i'm still learning to use git, I much prefer svn).

just add "proprietary/" to your .gitignore and remove the cached files from github. it will still be in your local source tree. I believe the command I used was either "git rm -r --cached proprietary/" or "git rm -r --cached proprietary". I don't remember which one it was and I can't test currently because I'm booted into windows 7 at the moment :/

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

do u think we have to set up a bounty or how are we going to convince him

He seems kind of busy, but asking nicely goes a long way. just not all everybody at once! haha
    Hey guys, great work! I was actually starting to look into it, too.

I started to try and just compile the pyramid tree (following this guide), but I ran into problems:
    Code:
     Error: bad barrier type -- `dmb st'

As far as I understand it means it's not using the correct binutils?!? I mean, I've been compiling Android hundreds of times, just never for ARM, only x86 ;) - so can anyone point me to a solution?

Stefan
    P.S.: Are you planning to compile the kernel as well? Because I saw that the pyramid kernel project has made some quite nice progress, with overclocking/undervolting during runtime and other nice features.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

I think the proprietary files should not be in any public repo (danger of being sued by HTC or kicked out by Github). For the pyramid there's a shell script which pulls them of the original device via adb.

Stefan
    guys check my github as well as michael's for status updates. We made a lot of progress today
    Now open for beta testing...goto project home for more details