[RECOVERY] TWRP 2.6.3.0 touch recovery [2013-09-16]

Search This thread

XtraWho

Nov 28, 2009
Still in my own little world
Thank you, great work.

I have done a backup, flashed MIUI (didn't flash well first time around), restored backup, flashed MIUI and wanted to go back to my backup.
Went to restore and backup is now missing, I can use root exployer and see the files under TWRP backup however nothing shows up when I hit restore.

Any of you have any suggestions? I have zipped the files and tried to flash that way but it was a fail.

Thanks

bricky23

Apr 6, 2010
Akron
Xiaomi Poco F3
Google Pixel 6a
Thank you, great work.

I have done a backup, flashed MIUI (didn't flash well first time around), restored backup, flashed MIUI and wanted to go back to my backup.
Went to restore and backup is now missing, I can use root exployer and see the files under TWRP backup however nothing shows up when I hit restore.

Any of you have any suggestions? I have zipped the files and tried to flash that way but it was a fail.

Thanks

Just flash another cwm then restore

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

bricky23

Apr 6, 2010
Akron
Xiaomi Poco F3
Google Pixel 6a
2.1.1 is amazing! I really like not having to use the volume buttons. Works great with ics, kitchen sink, and gingerbread. Just a slight learning curve, but well worth it :)

Last edited:

bullfrog527

Jan 29, 2011
Bradley, IL
OnePlus 7T
Ok, thanks! Any outstanding bugs with TWRP? How do you go back to CWM if necessary?

Top go back I would imagine you would just flash the zip and reboot recovery. That's how I got on TWRP, so I would think it's the same to go back.

I actually used it this am to reflash 0.6.1 and wow was it easy. Picked the 3 zips and hit go. That was it

Sent from my CM9 beast

ttkyles

Jul 3, 2009
nice! !!!!! flashed. from goo.
the interface is smooth and responsive to touch.

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

Last edited:

ryan8r

Apr 9, 2011
Noob Herald : Install Goo app , press menu , choose "Install open recovery script" and Tada! Saves half an hour of Goose chase.

Reactions: VDub2174

murrun

Aug 8, 2007
how compatible is this with cwm? i mean can i restore my cwm backups with twrp? or can i flash any themes, roms, modifications with this like cwm?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Phone look:

Tablet look:

CHANGELOG for 2.6.3.0:
    -Proper backup and restore of SELinux contexts (thanks to Tassadar)
    -Pull in some ROM information for backup name generation
    -Merge all recent patches from AOSP bringing TWRP up to date with Android 4.3
    -Add 1200x1920 theme (thanks to Tassadar)
    -A few other fixes and tweaks

CHANGELOG for 2.6.1.0:
    -Initial SELinux support (only a few devices, need testers so come by IRC if your device doesn't have it and needs it)
    -Initial support for f2fs file system formatting (Moto X)
    -Update SuperSU install for 4.3 ROMs
    -Fixed a permissions bug on files created during backup
    -Fixed a bug that caused TWRP to not wait for compressed backups to finish causing 0 byte files and md5sums to not match
    -Fixed decryption of encrypted data so that both TouchWiz and AOSP decryption are possible
    -Ignore lost+found folder during backup and size calculations
    -Various other minor bug fixes and tweaks

CHANGELOG for 2.6.0.0:
    Special Note: If you are running a custom theme, you will likely need to remove that theme before updating to 2.6.0.0 as your custom theme will likely not have some of the new changes visible (e.g. you won't be able to encrypt a backup)!
    -Can encrypt a backup to prevent theft of private data from your backup files
    -Updated graphics / icon courtesy of shift
    -Updated exFAT to latest commits
    -Fixed a problem with Samsung TouchWiz decryption
    -Update SuperSU binary
    -Fixed saving of backup partitions list
    -Fixed saving of last used zip install folder
    -Fixed backup of datadata on devices that use a separate partition for datadata
    -Fixed some issues with the advanced wipe list (android_secure, can now wipe internal storage on data/media deivces and wipe data on the advanced list no longer formats the entire data partition)
    -Fixed some problems with partitioning a SD card
    -Various other bug fixes and tweaks

Notes about encrypted backups:
    Why encrypt your backups? -- Most people store their backups on the device. Any app that has permission to access storage could potentially read your backup files and try to harvest your data. Encrypted backups also provide an added layer of security if you move your backups to other storage devices or to the cloud. The encryption that we're using is probably not strong enough for enterprise level security, but should be strong enough to make it significantly difficult to get to your data.

Encryption is using OpenAES which uses AES 128-bit cbc encryption. If you happen to use a longer password (over 16 characters) then the encryption strength improves to 192 or 256 bits. Do not forget your password. If you forget your password you will be unable to restore your backup. We don't encrypt the entire backup. Encryption is very CPU intensive and can be fairly slow even when we spread the workload over multiple cores even on the latest high-end devices. To ensure that encrypted backups don't take forever, we don't encrypt any other partitions besides /data and in /data we don't encrypt /data/app (or other app related directories where apks are stored) and we don't encrypt dalvik cache.

DOWNLOAD:
    The fastest and easiest way to install TWRP is to use the GooManager app:
    Play Store Link
    Direct Download
    1) Install GooManager from the Play Store
    2) Open GooManager and provide root permissions
    3) Hit Menu (or the button with the 3 dots on your screen) and then Install OpenRecovery
    OR:
    You can find more information and download links on our website!

BUGS:
    If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 40 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM me directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.
    Flash able zip for TWRP v2.2.2.0

Thanks for the update!

Here is a flash able zip for everyone that prefers this method over the others mentioned in the OP.

This is for the latest update, version 2.2.2.0! Enjoy :)

Instructions
    • Download attachment
    • Reboot into Recovery
    • Flash attached zip
    • Now, either Reboot Recovery, or Reboot System
    -- Rebooting Recovery with get you into TWRP2 the fastest!

Note:
    I am not responsible for what you choose to do with your device! But, I have tested the zip and it works for me so it should work for you! If not, lemme know!

Edit:
    Here is also a link to download TWRP2 (in case anyone has issues with the attachment). It is the same file as the attachment.

openrecovery-twrp-2.2.2.0-sunfire.zip
    I couldn't get it to install via the Goo app, but the file it downloads to your sd card is flashable in CWM. I'm attaching it here since this way seems easier than installing an app or flashing the img file from a command line.
    TWRP Flashable ZIP

Is there a flashable zip?

EDIT: Thanks, by the way :D

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

Was working on it :)

------------------------------

** NOTICE **
    Here is the latest version, 2.3.0.0 in a flash able zip!

Instructions
    * Download zip from here
    * Reboot into existing recovery
    * Flash the zip! DONE :)
    * Now either reboot or choose reboot recovery to immediately use TWRP2
    ------------------------------

There you go peeps! All credits go to the TWRP team! I only made the img flash able! Enjoy :)
    Updated to 2.2.0!